Cyanogen Wifi problem.

Guest lotuxete

Guest lotuxete

Hi,

I've been using Cyanogen in my O2 phone for a very long time quite successfully and every working really fine, but I stopped using it after having bought a new phone.

Recently I've trying to up-to-dating my old O2 (nostalgic?) but now I can't get Wifi to works. When I push the wifi switch I always get the message "error", and Wifi never starts.

The only thing I've change in my O2 recently. it's the WM ROM. Is it possible that this new ROM and CSC (Phone_I8000XXJJ1.bin and I8000PROJJ1.csc) is affecting Wifi under Android?

Could I change some parameters in the configuration files under Android in order to avoid flashing back my phone to the original ROM parts?

Thanks in adance

Edited by lotuxete

Guest synescu

Hi,

I've been using Cyanogen in my O2 phone for a very long time quite successfully and every working really fine, but I stopped using it after having bought a new phone.

Recently I've trying to up-to-dating my old O2 (nostalgic?) but now I can't get Wifi to works. When I push the wifi switch I always get the message "error", and Wifi never starts.

The only thing I've change in my O2 recently. it's the WM ROM. Is it possible that this new ROM and CSC (Phone_I8000XXJJ1.bin and I8000PROJJ1.csc) is affecting Wifi under Android?

Could I change some parameters in the configuration files under Android in order to avoid flashing back my phone to the original ROM parts?

Thanks in adance

delete in.; system/data/misc/ the bcm_supp.conf file

Guest lotuxete

There is not system/data/misc/bcm_supp.conf file. It's located in another path, but even if I deleted it Wifi isn't working. Even after a fresh automatic SD install with defaults parameters.

I can see about 5 files with wifi configuration data involved: init.rd, build.prop, wifi.conf, wpa_supplicant.conf and bcm_supp.conf. Maybe you could share yours.

I'm almost pretty sure that it's related to ROM or Phone part. Can I come back to JD9 or JD6 phone part without flashing the ROM again? I really like the ROM I'm using now.

Thanks.

Edited by lotuxete