Photo

FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

314 replies to this topic

darksilentwings

darksilentwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2
Hello again.

I was very happy to read about a new released image. Until now the v8 version is my choice for daily use. I tried the twister image for 2 days, but changed back to my previously saved v8 image. The twister look good and everything works (still with the exception of the camera), but it is so slow - I must call it unusable. Because of the great development improvementsand the feedback of other posts, I can not believe in problems of the twister relase. But why it does not work for me, even v8 works fine? Any idea? Should I create the partitions every time new, if I install a new image?

jingang

jingang

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2080202

5) At WiFi settings there are two AndroidAP networks. Well, both of them. Are they needed?

your link is 151.4m, but with the first page link 158.3m zip,so is there two version?different??thanks

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2-Galaxy S+ - GalaxyTab 2

your link is 151.4m, but with the first page link 158.3m zip,so is there two version?different??thanks

No difference, only best compression; for this reason i didn't upload again

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

5) At WiFi settings there are two AndroidAP networks. Well, both of them. Are they needed?

No you can delete

jingang

jingang

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

No difference, only best compression; for this reason i didn't upload again

thanks very much

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Hello again.

I was very happy to read about a new released image. Until now the v8 version is my choice for daily use. I tried the twister image for 2 days, but changed back to my previously saved v8 image. The twister look good and everything works (still with the exception of the camera), but it is so slow - I must call it unusable. Because of the great development improvementsand the feedback of other posts, I can not believe in problems of the twister relase. But why it does not work for me, even v8 works fine? Any idea? Should I create the partitions every time new, if I install a new image?

No you shouldn't!
But if you have all these issue, maybe it's better delete all partition and to do this:
With Minitool create:
  • fat32 partition logical 300mb;
  • ext4 logical partition 1250mb;
  • linux swap partition logical with remaining space
With Ubuntu reformat ext4 and linux swap created under Minitool

Now with Image reinstall Twister; after installing do not operate, but REBOOT ANDROID
After rebooting you can operate

lilbug

lilbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:omnia II, optimus L5, moto G
hey guys, i found a little trick to have a working clock, and sorry if this has already been posted, the only thing you need to do is to revert the time zone to GTM+0:00 (casablanca or dublin, doesn‘t matter) everytime before you turn off your phone, and when you turn it on again, return to your local time zone and that‘s it, the clock will keep running normally. Now you can add fancy clock widgets to your homescreen :P i recommend to use 360 launcher pro v4.3 , newer versions have redraw issues and this launcher runs on cache, not on ram. Hope it helps.
Sorry for my bad engliiiish.

Just another little bug

plutomaniac

plutomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-i8000
wait, this clock thing happens with a SIM card inserted as well? I hope not.

gustavodeacon

gustavodeacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
can you give me the link for the v7, butb the one ext4. for automatic install please?

lilbug

lilbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

wait, this clock thing happens with a SIM card inserted as well? I hope not.

i am running V7 with a sim and i still had that problem

Just another little bug

plutomaniac

plutomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

i am running V7 with a sim and i still had that problem

Mmm, not v7, I'm talking about Twister v1.0 which is way better. You should try that. It is very improved compaired to v7 and v8. It works great with Holo Launcher and Task Manager. I only removed the second camera and Explorer+. Maybe one or two more things but in general it works faster and reliably.

plutomaniac

plutomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
How can a partition like this magically appear? I will now restore my backup but most probably I have to remake the partitions under Ubuntu otherwise I will encounter problems (even linux swap not working), right?

Spoiler

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

How can a partition like this magically appear? I will now restore my backup but most probably I have to remake the partitions under Ubuntu otherwise I will encounter problems (even linux swap not working), right?

Spoiler

Known issue of Minitool: only delete 12 mb and linux swap partitions and re partition unallocated as linux swap; then under ubuntu reformat only linux swap

plutomaniac

plutomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
1) I know why that happens. At your instructions for the 8GB version over at hdblog.it you say that the ext4 partition must be 1260MB but the actual Twister image is 1249MB. So the rest 12MB are set as unallocated space causing issues. Change it to 1249 and it should be just fine.

2) After some boots, Fubo WinMo cannot enter the Start Menu when clicking the bottom-left windows logo. It just does nothing. I have found another way to enter the menu so it does not really bother me. Also, a password prompt comes up sometimes that I cancel. Do these happen to you too?

3) About the camera, flash does not seem to work for me.

Edited by plutomaniac, 02 March 2013 - 09:55 PM.

darksilentwings

darksilentwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2
I cleared the whole internal storage and created all partitions new. I installed the twister v1 and used it again for 2 days. No way! It looks good but it is really unusable at my device. I can not take on any incoming phone calls, because the system is too slow. And the systems hangs up very often, approx. 15 unwanted reboots a day. I dont know why, but for me the v8 version works much better. I changed back and wait for the next releases to try again.

lilbug

lilbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Mmm, not v7, I'm talking about Twister v1.0 which is way better. You should try that. It is very improved compaired to v7 and v8. It works great with Holo Launcher and Task Manager. I only removed the second camera and Explorer+. Maybe one or two more things but in general it works faster and reliably.

^_^ Deleting a couple of things and using "pimp my rom" app, I'm having a better experience with v7

Just another little bug

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

1) I know why that happens. At your instructions for the 8GB version over at hdblog.it you say that the ext4 partition must be 1260MB but the actual Twister image is 1249MB. So the rest 12MB are set as unallocated space causing issues. Change it to 1249 and it should be just fine.

2) After some boots, Fubo WinMo cannot enter the Start Menu when clicking the bottom-left windows logo. It just does nothing. I have found another way to enter the menu so it does not really bother me. Also, a password prompt comes up sometimes that I cancel. Do these happen to you too?

3) About the camera, flash does not seem to work for me.

1)I have Omnia 2gb: i have only reported users's configuration that have tested it on Omnia 8gb; as you told 1250mb it's better
2) Click on right bottom arrow and swipe to explorer; after that click on Advanced config/today/start menu grid configuration and set to "4 columns (default)"; reboot WinMo
Password request never happen to me
3)Just tested flash: working

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

^_^ Deleting a couple of things and using "pimp my rom" app, I'm having a better experience with v7

Can you give us detailed description, please?

lilbug

lilbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
pimp my rom is an app that lets you apply a big number of tweaks to a rom, unfortunately you can't use some options cause the app crashes but you can always use supercharger v6
play store link: https://play.google....mp.my.rom&hl=es
xda link: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1908269

btw, i do not trust that task manager app, in twister shows me 50mb free ram and in v7 shows me 60 mb, but in settings>applications>running services in twister i had 30mb and in v7 i have 90-95mb (total) and i trust this number more because i can feel it in the perfomance.

Just another little bug

plutomaniac

plutomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

3)Just tested flash: working

I removed one of the two camera apps. I left the one where you can change from picture to video from inside the app. Also, it is faster. At this app, flash does not seem to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users