Photo

FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

marcelo26

marcelo26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:samsung i8000
MEMORIA INTERNA
FAT32
EXT4

CON AUTO INSTALADOR DE LA CyanogenMod beta 2

marcelo26

marcelo26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
alguien probo la rom

HOLA A TODOS EL LINK DE LA ROM ES ESTE
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2017953

#### IMPORTANTE MODIFICAR CON ROOTEXPLORER EL /system/lib/egl/egl.cfg -
TEXTO ORIGINAL
0 0 android
0 0 fimg

POR ESTE OTRO
0 0 fimg

feegus

feegus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:i8000
Just wondering if anyone can help me with GAMES.

The Google Market/Store doesnt show me hardly any games that are compatible with my device now that I run this rom.
The games it lets me instal run VERY slow and choppy. Other than games everything is running smooth and great.

I have It partitioned and installed correctly with v7 and syock zImage on my internal storage 16g omnia 2

Ther must be some settings or tweaks to get smooth gaming?

THANKS

EDIT: I manually updated to latest GooglePlay and things seem to be working better BUT it recognizes my device as a i8000 GT and will NOT let me download Angrybirds etc as they are not compatible? Do I need to somehow change device ID for google to think my device is something else? How are you guys doing this?

EDIT #2: - Youtube app doesnt work without GooglePlay which throws an error on install.

..sigh...I'm really trying hard to give this phone to my kid but he is going to want Youtube and Games to work!

Edited by feegus, 16 January 2013 - 06:17 AM.

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2-Galaxy S+ - GalaxyTab 2

Just wondering if anyone can help me with GAMES.

The Google Market/Store doesnt show me hardly any games that are compatible with my device now that I run this rom.
The games it lets me instal run VERY slow and choppy. Other than games everything is running smooth and great.

I have It partitioned and installed correctly with v7 and syock zImage on my internal storage 16g omnia 2

Ther must be some settings or tweaks to get smooth gaming?

THANKS

EDIT: I manually updated to latest GooglePlay and things seem to be working better BUT it recognizes my device as a i8000 GT and will NOT let me download Angrybirds etc as they are not compatible? Do I need to somehow change device ID for google to think my device is something else? How are you guys doing this?

EDIT #2: - Youtube app doesnt work without GooglePlay which throws an error on install.

..sigh...I'm really trying hard to give this phone to my kid but he is going to want Youtube and Games to work!

Hi, for solve the problem do this:

If need, restore the default "lsd_density" (240 default) ;

Check if Date/Time is correct ;

Also try cleaning this below and remove dalvik cache:

Settings > Applications > All > Google Services Framework > Force Stop > Clear data ;

Settings > Applications > Google Play Store > Force Stop > Clear data.

Please, can you post dimension of your partitions? it will be useful for next developement.
Thanks

For better performance on v7 install kernel mod1 inside Archive tools

feegus

feegus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hey Spiderman thanks for the fast reply!

I have done those steps and still googleplay still does NOT appreciate my i8000 :(
most things are stil incompatible. Any other suggestions?

My partition for my 16g is 13.75g(fat32) - 1400mb(ext4) - ~250mb(linux swap) - may not be exact but pretty close

I will switch to Mod1 kernel now thanks!

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Hey Spiderman thanks for the fast reply!

I have done those steps and still googleplay still does NOT appreciate my i8000 :(
most things are stil incompatible. Any other suggestions?

My partition for my 16g is 13.75g(fat32) - 1400mb(ext4) - ~250mb(linux swap) - may not be exact but pretty close

I will switch to Mod1 kernel now thanks!

Thanks for partition's dimensions!
After steps above, did you reboot?

dpspcdrgn

dpspcdrgn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Wow, a lot of demands and little thanks.
I came here after months thinking I wonder if by some chance anybody has done anymore with android on the 02?
Then I found this.
Frenkie, you sir, are a genius.
I thank you kindly for keeping this all going.
:)

Edit: Is there no way to make this rom english? I don't know Italian, and there are many English users on the forum.
Thankyou. :)

Edited by dpspcdrgn, 16 January 2013 - 07:11 PM.

dpspcdrgn

dpspcdrgn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
If anybody is interested, I translated Frenkies guide to English. Let me know if you want it and I will upload it for you.
Thanks again Frenkie! :)

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Wow, a lot of demands and little thanks.
I came here after months thinking I wonder if by some chance anybody has done anymore with android on the 02?
Then I found this.
Frenkie, you sir, are a genius.
I thank you kindly for keeping this all going.
:)

Edit: Is there no way to make this rom english? I don't know Italian, and there are many English users on the forum.

To have rom in english go to /impostazioni/lingua e tastiera/seleziona lingua and set it to english

feegus

feegus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Thanks for partition's dimensions!
After steps above, did you reboot?

You're welcome!

Yes, even after a reboot I am still unable to see many things on googleplay including angrybirds. Not the end of the world I guess.

Do you have any other performance tips you can offer me for gaming? Cut the Rope and many others still have poor performance for me but I know others have said that everything is superfast so I'm just wondering what I can do to my settings? Set CPU to ondemand or performance?

Thanks again for all!

Another question - what is the proper version of Superuser for this ROM. I mistakenly tried to update to newest version

Edited by feegus, 16 January 2013 - 08:48 PM.

marcelo26

marcelo26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hola para aumentar la velocidad para juegos..

necesitas frankie-v8.

en windows antes de iniciar android..
1-gpio.cab o S3Clock v1.10.cab (segun version de windows)
2-framework.cab

pagina official
(fra) http://tanguy.ath.cx/?q=GPIOgfx

download cab (windowsmobile)
framework-15mb
ftp://ftp2.pcsoft.com/DLL/14.0/US/InstallFramework_ARM.cab

gpio-427kb
http://tanguy.ath.cx...les/gpiogfx.CAB

o
S3Clock
http://tanguy.ath.cx...les/S3Clock.zip

instalar:
1-instalar en windows InstallFramework_ARM.cab
2-instalar en windows gpiogfx.CAB
3-iniciar gpiogfx
4-Abajo un cuadrito que dice config tocar.
5-modificar APLL:477 (954mhz) O LO QUE LE SEA MAS ESTABLE YO LO TENGO EN 489-(978MHZ).
6-Tocar SET (NO TOCAR OK)
7-INICIAR ANDROID
8-PARA QUE NO SE TILDE EN SETCPU-CAMBIAR DE CONSERVATIVE A PERFORMANCE
9- MAS ESTABLE AGREGANDO EN INIT.RC
DESPUES DE ESTA LINEA
# for ctrl cpu freq.
chown system system /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 0777 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor "performance"

ESPERO LO PRUEBEN

dpspcdrgn

dpspcdrgn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Thanks spiderman1961 for the help.

@feegus Can you tell me exactly what steps you took to get the rom installed on your 16gb?
I too have the 16gb model, and installing according to instructions my phone hangs on 'Android on omnia II loading'

marcelo26

marcelo26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hello dpspcdrgn
changing likely starup.txt

Set kernel zImage
Set mtype 1626
Set ramaddr 0x50000000
Set CMDLINE "root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init panic=30"
boot

This last line panic=30 if something is wrong is auto restart

feegus

feegus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

9- MAS ESTABLE AGREGANDO EN INIT.RC
DESPUES DE ESTA LINEA
# for ctrl cpu freq.
chown system system /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 0777 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor "performance"

You sure about that number? Mine is 0666 but I went ahead and changed it regardless :D

Big thanks for this tweak Marcelo, things seem to be running quite smooth and fast ...EXCEPT I still can't get googleplay to show me most of the higher end games (angrybirds) even though I have followed the fix posted here more than once and deleted Dalvik Cache. grrrr!

Edited by feegus, 17 January 2013 - 07:54 AM.

feegus

feegus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Thanks spiderman1961 for the help.

@feegus Can you tell me exactly what steps you took to get the rom installed on your 16gb?
I too have the 16gb model, and installing according to instructions my phone hangs on 'Android on omnia II loading'

Hi!

Post # 3201 in the (Stopped) CyanogenMod thread really helped me. It's here --> http://www.modaco.co...00#entry1853781

Good luck!

marcelo26

marcelo26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
para bajar juegos yo modifique

build.prop
ro.product.model=GT-I8000

delet GT-I8000

ro.product.model=

and

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

delet jit

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

and

dalvik.vm.startheapsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=42m
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=10
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0

darksilentwings

darksilentwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2
Hello,

thanks for that great ROM.

In the past I used the latest O2Droid version on my omnia2 to have apps like WhatsApp and 90elf-german football radio.
It was OK, but the performance was nearly unuseable after some hours. The camera never works and there were some other smaller probs.
--> Because the project was stopped, I was very happy to find that topic and someone who's interested in further development for the "old" omnia2.

I enlarged the older partitions, installed and smiled. Great look,like a new smartphone! The performance with that ROM is much better, so it is really possible to use it.
I have still some probs, but now I can hope for further releases to fix them.

1. The camera is still not working. All 3 installed apps crash during startup with "...process killed...". Also every flash light app, which is using the LED backlight does not work.
Others say, the camera works perfect!? With the O2droid ROM there were also users with the same problem. I read all feeds and the comments "fully working-perfect". Not for me :(
So I think it is still the problem with the camera drivers?

2. The other curious thing is the different behaviour. Sometimes after restart wifi is not working, bluetooth probs, app failures and bad performance. After restart again all works perfect-wihout any
changes?! The most curious: 1x ever the camera suddenly works, and I was happy to take 2 fotos. After restart :( --> Has anybody an idea, what I can do or what is the reason?

So nevertheless thanks again for deveIoping further on and I hope for help ith the written issues.

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Hello,

thanks for that great ROM.

In the past I used the latest O2Droid version on my omnia2 to have apps like WhatsApp and 90elf-german football radio.
It was OK, but the performance was nearly unuseable after some hours. The camera never works and there were some other smaller probs.
--> Because the project was stopped, I was very happy to find that topic and someone who's interested in further development for the "old" omnia2.

I enlarged the older partitions, installed and smiled. Great look,like a new smartphone! The performance with that ROM is much better, so it is really possible to use it.
I have still some probs, but now I can hope for further releases to fix them.

1. The camera is still not working. All 3 installed apps crash during startup with "...process killed...". Also every flash light app, which is using the LED backlight does not work.
Others say, the camera works perfect!? With the O2droid ROM there were also users with the same problem. I read all feeds and the comments "fully working-perfect". Not for me :(
So I think it is still the problem with the camera drivers?

2. The other curious thing is the different behaviour. Sometimes after restart wifi is not working, bluetooth probs, app failures and bad performance. After restart again all works perfect-wihout any
changes?! The most curious: 1x ever the camera suddenly works, and I was happy to take 2 fotos. After restart :( --> Has anybody an idea, what I can do or what is the reason?

So nevertheless thanks again for deveIoping further on and I hope for help ith the written issues.

Welcome between us!
These issue may caused be by bad installation (with any files corruption)
Many users solved by a new download an a new installation

Edited by spiderman1961, 19 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

dpspcdrgn

dpspcdrgn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Ok guys, so far so good for the most part. Thanks for all the help!

Now, the only problem I am having is getting internal storage mounted as sdcard.
I am running 16gb i8000 with no SD card, I got vold.fstab reading "dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1" as suggested on the Cyanogen page http://www.modaco.co...00#entry1853781
but when going to file explorer in frenkiedroid I get a 'No SD card Mounted' message.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

(Awesome ROM btw Frenkie!!!! Fastest one by far! :))

Edit: noticed also that some graphics on games are missing. (similar to feegus) I can't see nom nom in cut the rope! Tried deleting cache but no go. V8

2nd Edit: Hey! I got it working! I forgot to change the line in vold.fstab from 'auto' to 1 :)
Still haven't checked if the games are working properly now after a reinstall, I will report back when I know.

Edited by dpspcdrgn, 20 January 2013 - 09:24 PM.

dpspcdrgn

dpspcdrgn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

5-modificar APLL:477 (954mhz) O LO QUE LE SEA MAS ESTABLE YO LO TENGO EN 489-(978MHZ).

I'm not sure how that works for you guys, I can't set apl past 450 without errors upon booting to android.
Edit: I have cr*pola for luck, I can't even slightly increase the clock without android freezing. Even setting APLL to 435 causes issues. I don't know if there is much point in going lower. :/

para bajar juegos yo modifique

build.prop
ro.product.model=GT-I8000

delet GT-I8000

ro.product.model=

and

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

delet jit

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

and

dalvik.vm.startheapsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=42m
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=10
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0

My build.prop does not have the line 'dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit' should I add it?
Also, setting ro.product.model= makes my phone 'Unknown' surely this can't be better than before, or is it?

Please reply, I am starting to feel lonely on this thread lol!

Edited by dpspcdrgn, 22 January 2013 - 03:16 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users