[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest BrotherII

Great work Dazz, I've been using R2 for a few days now and it's very smooth and stable on 245-1228MHz, smartassv2, with no bugs at all.

The only thing that's bothering me is very high in-call volume, even on min level. I don't think that there is a need for so much amplification.

Support. Wheezing earpiece on minimal volume. Very high in-call volume, even on min level.

Guest Colossae3.23

Great work Dazz, I've been using R2 for a few days now and it's very smooth and stable on 245-1228MHz, smartassv2, with no bugs at all.

The only thing that's bothering me is very high in-call volume, even on min level. I don't think that there is a need for so much amplification.

not sure, but I think this is down to having DSP Manager installed. I've noticed this before, when ever I have a rom that comes pre-loaded with DSP. My guess is that there is a setting in there that might sort this out for you. ATM, it doesn't bother me too much, because its not as noticeable as it has been on other roms

Hi

I noticed a problem with the battery consumption while data connection is activated. When I use the mobile data connection 3G or HSDPA it's eating battery like crazy. it uses like 1% per minute so in 10 minutes I have 8 to 10% battery drop. Otherwise battery consumption is not that high - even better than other ICS roms. I use CPU governor on smartassV2 with maximum CPU speed to 1GHz.

Otherwise nice rom. Great work guys!

Try changing governor with savagedzen.

Edited by Gippox

Guest Colossae3.23

That's because it's fixed internally. Please read.

sorry, for being dull, but I read that yesterday, or the day before, and I didn't quite get it. I looked at the link you posted, but I wasn't sure what it all meant. Is it kernel change that we need to make, to sort this. Or, is it something you are testing and we'll see in in time? Thanks

R3, soon after it's released, will be going on one of my phones (first ROM since AtomicMod!), and as long as no problems are found (the proxo issue, compatibility with Launcher7 and a few other things particular to my users), it'll be going on the other phone too..

edit: not if the cell (dis)connection issue isn't figured out, can't have people not receiving phone calls sorry!

is the g300 still available new btw? i'm guessing this ROM may have increased demand a bit.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Johnnyd1979

So this is my feedback after a couple of days. I installed the new CWM, did a full wipe and then did a clean install of CM9 R2.

No wifi problems, it's runs smoother than ever and every app I tried works fine, with the exception of Cut the Rope (game freezes all the time, never happened before. I restored it using gobackup, so I tried re-installing it from the app store and the problem is still there) which isn't very important.

Nonetheless there's a problem that bugs me. A friend called a couple of times, I didn't receive any call, but I got an SMS saying that person x called a number of times. This happened today as well with my mother. I never had this problem with my network in a city.

Btw is there a way to enable the brightness controls with several levels of brightness like in the stock versions without having to set each level manually in settings?

Guest tracasan

Btw is there a way to enable the brightness controls with several levels of brightness like in the stock versions without having to set each level manually in settings?

settings/system/status bar/tick brightness control

Guest dan nedan

Nonetheless there's a problem that bugs me. A friend called a couple of times, I didn't receive any call, but I got an SMS saying that person x called a number of times. This happened today as well with my mother. I never had this problem with my network in a city.

yeah!

another signal phone dropping. as others...

Guest Johnnyd1979

settings/system/status bar/tick brightness control

I know that but with that I only have two options that set the screen to the same brightness. I'm looking to have maximum brightness, medium, auto mode and saving. I guess I'll have to do it manually.

Guest scottwild.co
is the g300 still available new btw? i'm guessing this ROM may have increased demand a bit.

Yes you can still get new. I got mine from Argos £99 + compulsory £10 top-up (b******) thou stock is shrinking fast, at the time of purchase there was only one left in the city I live in. I Bought an unlock code for £4.99 via eBay, works great and it flies on the CM9 ROM

Guest JHsaucy

Could someone tell what exactly is the procedure when flashing this rom, this is the only from I have problems flashing with. It won't reboot after flashing, I just wipe all data like it says, but is there anything else like un/mount system etc. that could help?

Guest Ludak021

what do I mod and how to put clock with date in the middle of the status bar like some skins for CM9 have?

Could someone tell what exactly is the procedure when flashing this rom, this is the only from I have problems flashing with. It won't reboot after flashing, I just wipe all data like it says, but is there anything else like un/mount system etc. that could help?

In CWM do factory reset then format system, clear cache, clear dalvik cache, battery stats, format data, format cache, then reboot into CWM again (reboot recovery option in CWM) then install ROM from zip file. All should be well after all this.

Edited by Ludak021

Guest JHsaucy

what do I mod and how to put clock with date in the middle of the status bar like some skins for CM9 have?

In CWM do factory reset then format system, clear cache, clear dalvik cache, battery stats, format data, format cache, then reboot into CWM again (reboot recovery option in CWM) then install ROM from zip file. All should be well after all this.

Thank you, it can actually reboot now :)

Guest tcpaulh

For installation it should be ok to:-

1. Factory reset

2. Format system

3. Advanced, Reboot Recovery (not always necessary but to be on the safe side)

4. Flash CM9 and Google Apps.

WOW! Just got 3004 in Antutu without an overclock or any governor settings changed. I have never got 3000+ on a ROM before so well done Daz!

Edited by kyan31