[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

I'm currently running Infusion. If I install CM9 and want to change back to Infusion can I swap between Nandroid backups without issues? Does CM9 alter the SD card structure in anyway that would make an Infusion Nandroid restore have problems?

Guest jordanclarke69

Can anyone help please. I installed R1 and set the the phone up with my settings (ie. unlock screen options and apps and everything) then when I installed R2 I had to do this all again.

I understand that this time isn't that great a hardship for using a great rom. But even reinstalling the apps with appmonster 1 at a time is a bit laborious....

Is there any way around all this set-up time??

Cheers

Guest jordanclarke69

Did you update by doing an OTA? This should leave most settings and all apps intact.

I didn't know that was possible actually!! I just flashed it with CWM.

I've just re-read the OP, and can see it's available through Google Apps. So does that mean I'd go into google play, search for it, download and install??

Edited by jordanclarke69

Guest wouterbeer

Try it next time! Just connect to wifi and it will download + install the new release automatically, worked perfect for me! :)

Edit:

You can find it here:

Settings --> About phone --> CM updates. What I did was setting check for updates to daily (instead of weekly) to be notified quicker after a new release.

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest simon_ae

After constant problems with wifi crashes even after OTA update to R2 I almost gave up on CM. I'm SOOOOOOO glad I didn't!!!

I did a clean install of R2 and all wifi crashing has gone away. ROM is super fast and smooth, feels like a new phone! For info of others iPlayer and Netflix not working for me, but I can live with that.

Thanks developers, you are years ahead of what Huawei and Vodafone can manage to do with all their people and money!!

Guest Ludak021

I've just re-read the OP, and can see it's available through Google Apps. So does that mean I'd go into google play, search for it, download and install??

you will need to install CWM from first post in order for OTA to work. That is all you need. Phone will notify you when there is new OTA available.

Guest Upayidance

Hey, I have a problem with the in-call volume. It seems to be default set VERY high and i have to go down to the lowest volume to get a normal noncrackling noice, plus i can hear my own echo in the calls :P Is this a known issue or a matter of reinstalling? If its fixable, please tell me :D

Ty Dazzozo and all others!

Guest Feahnor

About to go live with R3. It'll be available OTA just like R2 and brings a fair few fixes.

does it have hw video playback? Mx player doesn't work in r2 using hw+ decoder.

Guest Dazzozo

R3 phone freezes & reboots when wifi turned on, came from Stock+ with full wipe

Erm, that should be *impossible* now, unless there's a separate issue. We had someone test this with a 100% freeze rate before.