OSD Stock ICS

Guest nadezz

So I recently saw a screenshot of someone running the stock ICS on their OSD (their claimed it was not a custom rom). How would one go about getting this. I have already updated to the orange ICS but I hate the default logos for text, phone, internet, and camera especially. I do not want to root my phone. Would I be able to install the XOLO update (http://www.xolo.in/xolocare/xolo-x900-software-upgrade) from USB even though I am already on a version of ICS? Would it cause any complications? Is there any other non-root way of changing app icons (i can live with the orange notification icons tbh.

Guest punjuk12

So I recently saw a screenshot of someone running the stock ICS on their OSD (their claimed it was not a custom rom). How would one go about getting this. I have already updated to the orange ICS but I hate the default logos for text, phone, internet, and camera especially. I do not want to root my phone. Would I be able to install the XOLO update (http://www.xolo.in/x...oftware-upgrade) from USB even though I am already on a version of ICS? Would it cause any complications? Is there any other non-root way of changing app icons (i can live with the orange notification icons tbh.

They have already updated to Orange ICS. The only way to go from Orange to Xolo ICS is by rooting and using rickywyatt's AIO tool

Thanks! This worked perfectly! Only thing is the xolo ICS seems to have quick settings (wifi/bluetooth/location/sync/brightness) in the notification pulldown. I use widgetsoid as it gives me more quick settings in the notification pull down but the result is that I know have 2 quick settings bars when i pull the notification bar down. Anyway of disabling the quick settings? This is obviously just a minor niggle that would look a lot sleeker if i could get round it :)

Still not sure really. I'm mainly put off by the lack of removable battery so a little scared of bricking my phone. Tbh if it's gonna be a complex (for a noob) fix, I can live with it.