One does simply not ask for FM APP and ETA

There will be no FM in CM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Here's a radical thought - this is an EXPERIMENTAL BETA ROM. The hardware was not "designed" for it. It's going to have issues. If you need something more stable/less buggy, use either a stock rom or an older custom rom that has had a few revisions and refinements.

But here's the biggest tip of all. This is an experimental rom. So if you're going to install and try it, you should minimise any non-standard varibales. That means, in all seriousness, flatten your device, wipe everything, and do a fully clean installation. That's the ONLY way you can truly establish if issues you have are due to this rom or a legacy from previous installations. If you aren't prepared/willing/able to do this, then it's not really fair to bombard the developers with bugs and problems (all IMHO of course).

Edited by TangerineTractor, 17 December 2012 - 09:19 AM.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

Gippox

Gippox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Daz, please, disable dual mic. I had no problems, when it was disabled, but now people don't hear me, it's a very big problem. Or tell me, please, how to disable dual mic.

Seems an echo effect

Hoggonator

Hoggonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:G300

Here's a radical thought - this is an EXPERIMENTAL BETA ROM. The hardware was not "designed" for it. It's going to have issues. If you need something more stable/less buggy, use either a stock rom or an older custom rom that has had a few revisions and refinements.But here's the biggest tip of all. This is an experimental rom. So if you're going to install and try it, you should minimise any non-standard varibales. That means, in all seriousness, flatten your device, wipe everything, and do a fully clean installation. That's the ONLY way you can truly establish if issues you have are due to this rom or a legacy from previous installations. If you aren't prepared/willing/able to do this, then it's not really fair to bombard the developers with bugs and problems (all IMHO of course).

Personally I am having no major problems with this ROM and it is my daily.

I have an open question based on the (underlined) advice above to anyone who may have an idea. Is there anyway outside of Titanium Pro to back up your apps so that after a wipe it is less arduous/time consuming to get them installed?

Edited by Hoggonator, 17 December 2012 - 11:44 AM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Personally I am having no major problems with this ROM and it is my daily.

I have an open question based on the (underlined) advice above to anyone who may have an idea. Is there anyway outside of Titanium Pro to back up your apps so that after a wipe it is less arduous/time consuming to get them installed?

I have used Go Backup in the past, just restoring Apps, but have doubts over the stability of restored apps. I personally think its better to reinstall teh apps on teh new rom. Many apps have backup/restore functionality of their own, so settings can be restored. Otherwise, I personally would take the time to reinstall and reconfigure clean, to give the rom the best possible chance of working nicely!

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

wondering how the shendu os uses the graphic memory
it has absolutely no freezes

Easy. I don't want it not freezing, though. I want it not freezing AND working as well as it can.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

Daz, please, disable dual mic. I had no problems, when it was disabled, but now people don't hear me, it's a very big problem. Or tell me, please, how to disable dual mic.

I didn't enable it, Fagulhas did, I didn't test it myself because I never make calls anyway.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Hoggonator

Hoggonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:G300

I have used Go Backup in the past, just restoring Apps, but have doubts over the stability of restored apps. I personally think its better to reinstall teh apps on teh new rom. Many apps have backup/restore functionality of their own, so settings can be restored. Otherwise, I personally would take the time to reinstall and reconfigure clean, to give the rom the best possible chance of working nicely!

Fair enough, probably the best way as you say.

Any recommendations on the order and type of wipes to do in CWM? I suppose what I am (cheekly) looking for is a simple checklist to execute when new releases come out

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Fair enough, probably the best way as you say.

Any recommendations on the order and type of wipes to do in CWM? I suppose what I am (cheekly) looking for is a simple checklist to execute when new releases come out

My standard procedure:
  • Reboot recovery
  • Wipe data
  • Wipe cache
  • Mounts... format system
  • format data
  • format cache (I know these arent necessary, but it takes 10 secs)
  • Advanced.. Wipe Dalvik cache
  • Reboot recovery
  • install rom zip
  • install gapps zip
  • reboot
  • enjoy
Once booted, I enable wifi and then I install rom toolbox pro and enable ad blocking, and then install everything else from Play Store. Hopefully play has identified my device properly and automatically downloads... once everything is downloaded, I set up relevant accounts etc and restart.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 17 December 2012 - 12:36 PM.

JRow

JRow

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300

I never had any of the crashes or freezes that have been reported until i did a gobackup restore on a clean cm10 install.My cm9 upgraded to cm10 rom has a few niggles but no freezing or crashes.

MGcross

MGcross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

I didn't enable it, Fagulhas did, I didn't test it myself because I never make calls anyway.

Tell me, please, how can I disable it? Quality of a call is low now, people don't hear me and there's an echo effect. It's a very big problem for me.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

I never had any of the crashes or freezes that have been reported until i did a gobackup restore on a clean cm10 install.My cm9 upgraded to cm10 rom has a few niggles but no freezing or crashes.

Exactly. Don't restore using a backup app, reinstall the app and reconfigure it. If teh app has its own settings backup/restore, use that.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 17 December 2012 - 01:00 PM.

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
after making a couple of short calls, the signal indicator stopped showing that the data connection was available ("H", "3" etc). data was still actually working, just not being indicated. turning data off & on got it showing again.

ruiferreira69

ruiferreira69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I don't found memory phone in the file manager :s just found memory sd card

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade V, Galaxy S3

hi guts

i'm using allready r2 realese ,and yes it seems that the freezing is solved but if i'm using 3G connection it always restarts few times per day
if i'm using 2G connection i have no problem
how can i solve this?

Easy! Just learn C#, linux & java, find out how to code android kernal & ril and get very familiar with qualcomm. Keep us posted on your progress ;)

Edited by popoyaya, 17 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

Aurimas L.

Aurimas L.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Huawei G300
Poweramp doesnt work with R2
Barcode scanner also.

ZTE Blade with Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5) @ 691Mhz
Huawei Ascend G300 with CM10 @ 1228Mhz

Dante2070

Dante2070

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G6-L11
Notification light is still not working for me, after latest update. No more freezes tho :D

EDIT: Notification light does work after deinstalling Light Flow.

Edited by Dante2070, 17 December 2012 - 03:12 PM.

valdek

valdek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

Barcode scanner also.

whatever does't work just try reinstal, may help, helped me with many apps such as poweramp for example.

marcars

marcars

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:G300, Nexus 7, Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@Zohansmellit
On my phone Poweramp works fine with new JB R2. But i have make a clean install. Try install ROM on clean device ( with wipe in CWM). Good luck.

Edited by marcars, 17 December 2012 - 03:27 PM.

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300

Barcode scanner also.

Just to confirm that I have Barcode scanner+ working OK after a clean wipe/install

Currently using:-

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users