Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

3448 replies to this topic

blackspawn

blackspawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800
Just updated from ColdfusionX (10.0). Here's how it went:
  • Rebooted into recovery
  • Formatted /system
  • Cleared cache
  • Cleared dalvik cache
  • Flashed new recovery (6.0.2.7)
  • Rebooted into recovery
  • Flashed ROM
  • Flashed Gapps
The phone booted fine but there were a few problems, when updating apps, GMaps and Youtube started giving "insufficient storage space" errors (even though I had over 17Mb free in /data).Tried clearing data of play store, youtube and maps, and then updating the apps, same error. Uninstalled maps and youtube, rebooted and tried to install them anew, Same error. Went into recovery, cleared cache, dalvik cache and re-installed gapps... And it worked! After that I was able to install both maps and youtube.

Thanks KonstaT for all your hard work!

matcho13579

matcho13579

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9000, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@matcho13579

Just updated from ColdfusionX (10.0). Here's how it went:

• Rebooted into recovery
  • Formatted /system
  • Cleared cache
  • Cleared dalvik cache
  • Flashed new recovery (6.0.2.7)
  • Rebooted into recovery
  • Flashed ROM
  • Flashed Gapps
The phone booted fine but there were a few problems, when updating apps, GMaps and Youtube started giving "insufficient storage space" errors (even though I had over 17Mb free in /data).Tried clearing data of play store, youtube and maps, and then updating the apps, same error. Uninstalled maps and youtube, rebooted and tried to install them anew, Same error. Went into recovery, cleared cache, dalvik cache and re-installed gapps... And it worked! After that I was able to install both maps and youtube.

Thanks KonstaT for all your hard work!

Did you perform a factory reset?

Also, 17 MB of free space in /data is not enough to install apps from Play

nmd113

nmd113

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Is a great ROM...is fast,stable but bluetooth still doesn't work in the settings app...it says that is activated...but is not working...The only way I can make it work is to install a different bluetooth app(like BlueFTP)...it would be awsome if you could fix that
sorry for my bad english.

zamiere

zamiere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Bluetooth works just fine, if you turn it on from quick toggle. But thats right, its still bit buggy sometimes.

If I leave it on, yes, maybe. But after turn off and on, it's loose ability to connect devices. Only reboot helps (with bt enabled).

Droopy_be

Droopy_be

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

If I leave it on, yes, maybe. But after turn off and on, it's loose ability to connect devices. Only reboot helps (with bt enabled).

Try with airplane mode -> active and deactive it. (before reboot)

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

The phone booted fine but there were a few problems, when updating apps, GMaps and Youtube started giving "insufficient storage space" errors (even though I had over 17Mb free in /data).

You must have at least 30 MB free on /data for the phone to function normally and more if you want to install anything.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

zppinto

zppinto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/Sapo a5

the only thing which keep me from this rom is
its ram cumsmption. can anybody ll do anythin in
this regards ? otherwise it s best rom

That's the reason why I changed back to CM9...
You can use Greenify to clear the RAM consumption, however the free memory will not be too much.

CM9 on my phone right now has 203Mb free :D

wakeup12

wakeup12

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:Orange Stockholm, OSF
Which one is more stable?

I was using 10.1, but often I have some slowdowns and lack of memory management such as laggy program switches even between Call and Messages and now I am planning to reduce it into 10 or Swedish Snow (2.3). Can anyone make a suggestion?

Edit: Also sometimes it won't wake up by pressing Power key, the only solution is removing battery.

Edited by wakeup12, 11 June 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Simono

Simono

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
KonstanT can You make fresh build with leatest changes?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3, ROM: CM10.2, 32GB Micro SD Card
ZTE Blade, ROM: CM10.1

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

Which one is more stable?

I was using 10.1, but often I have some slowdowns and lack of memory management such as laggy program switches even between Call and Messages and now I am planning to reduce it into 10 or Swedish Snow (2.3). Can anyone make a suggestion?

Edit: Also sometimes it won't wake up by pressing Power key, the only solution is removing battery.

Like I answered before to another post:
Your phone has a problem... not the ROM.
My phone is using this last build and is working fine.

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

Ultra_HR

Ultra_HR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Question: Why are you using Hotfile to host this? Hotfile is terrible (especially when you want to download the ROM and gapps at the same time). What's wrong with Mediafire, or maybe Dropbox?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

KonstanT can You make fresh build with leatest changes?

Who is KonstanT? Why don't you make one? There's instructions in the third post...

Question: Why are you using Hotfile to host this? Hotfile is terrible (especially when you want to download the ROM and gapps at the same time). What's wrong with Mediafire, or maybe Dropbox?

My Mediafire account was suspended thanks to Sony Pictures filing a DMCA takedown on something that I can guarantee that they don't own copyright to. I lost all access to my files and all my Android uploads from the past two years. There's no way I'm going to use their services anymore. My Dropbox links are suspended every now and then as it is. With the extra traffic this would generate it would happen in few hours and no one could download anything.

wakeup12

wakeup12

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:Orange Stockholm, OSF

Like I answered before to another post:
Your phone has a problem... not the ROM.
My phone is using this last build and is working fine.

So you say wiping will solve the issue? Because I had no problems with 2.3.5

Mike69pt

Mike69pt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

KontsaT

Would you please provide us with a bug-fixed new CM10.1. :)

You really are a troll

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

So you say wiping will solve the issue? Because I had no problems with 2.3.5

No, I'm not saying that.
What I'm saying is:
The ROM works fine with my Blade! So... given the fact that the ROM is the same, it's a problem in your phone!
But, as you say: You may be successful if you wipe all, format \system and install ROM and GApps.
(Oh, and I'm assuming your \system is 160MB.)

Edit: afaik you don't need to wipe \data partition!
If you do, you'll lose your Apps.

Edited by dreis911, 12 June 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

goldharbor

goldharbor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Can you tell me, the dimension of picture when calling?
Sometimes, my phone has some pixeled pics

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
@dreis: You are generally right, but as strange as it seems, performance on different Blade phones is not the same. For some people CM9 is faster than CM10 & CM10.1, for others (like me) it's the opposite. I discussed this issue in detail with several people (in another forum) and they all knew what they are doing. It's a common problem with the Blade, whatever the reason. :)

Edited by elrond_bs, 13 June 2013 - 10:46 AM.

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

@dreis: You are generally right, but as strange as it seems, performance on different Blade phones is not the same. For some people CM9 is faster than CM10 & CM10.1, for others (like me) it's the opposite. I discussed this issue in detail with several people (in another forum) and they all knew what they are doing. It's a common problem with the Blade, whatever the reason. :)

Yes. In my case: my Blade was faster with CM9, but I think that's because Android 4.2.2 is "heavier".
You may be right about different behaviors because there are Blades with:
> 5 or 3Mpixel cameras,
> some have a TFT display while other have OLED,
> RAM of 256 or 512MB
> and there may be other differences (that I don't know of).
So, the same ROM may behave differently with different Blades. But, different behavior is not the same as "bugs".

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
I'm talking about performance. And I meant same type of Blade, even from the same country and network provider - still some have better performance with CM10 (like me), others - with CM9 - same ROMs and versions. How is that for funny. :D The other differences you mentioned are quite obvious, I didn't really meant them. :)

Edited by elrond_bs, 13 June 2013 - 07:03 PM.

RZRV8

RZRV8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@RZRV8
Thanks a lot for all the support guys always! I am moving on to an another phone - N4. I will never forget you all and especially, KonstaT. Thanks a lot man. God bless you all.

Also, I will sometime keep coming back here and check out the progress. Maybe Google Now starts working!

Take care guys.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users