[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

konstat any rom for blade 3????

If I had the device... Selection of available non-Nokia devices is quite small here in Finland. Blade III is actually one of the very few bargain devices available here (costs ~150€). I'm still eyeing out availability/pricing on Nexus 4 (currently unavailable, costs ~600€). Not much dev work needed on a Nexus so Blade III might be a fun dev toy anyway. ;)

Konsta can you do what you did the last time you released a ROM? can you modify s2e to work with api level 17? thanks :)

Sure, I already did that some time ago. Use with caution, I can't guarantee that everything will work as it should. I lost all my apps once and I haven't used it since (I was messing with multi-user support at that time so it might have been something related to that).

Rename .zip -> .apk.

s2e-jb42.zip

If I had the device... Selection of available non-Nokia devices is quite small here in Finland. Blade III is actually one of the very few bargain devices available here (costs ~150€). I'm still eyeing out availability/pricing on Nexus 4 (currently unavailable, costs ~600€). Not much dev work needed on a Nexus so Blade III might be a fun dev toy anyway. ;)

Sure, I already did that some time ago. Use with caution, I can't guarantee that everything will work as it should. I lost all my apps once and I haven't used it since (I was messing with multi-user support at that time so it might have been something related to that).

Rename .zip -> -.apk.

s2e-jb42.zip

Quite normal since Nokia is from finland and there's that old saying: "What's national is good" (At least it's what people use here in portugal).

Edited by Guest

I ducking hate my carrier, I don't have a data plan and when I flash a new ROM it always takes 1€ from my pre-paid plan, is there anyway I can counter this? (Besides removing the SIM card, which is obvious but in this ROM if you take the SIM card off it's really slow, I'm going to look into the RIL sauce.)

Guest bezerra

It's not a flashable zip, it's an app! Rename .zip -> -.apk and install it like a regular app.

Oh sorry i miss that..

And what about performance settings?

Thanks konstat :)

Edited by bezerra

Guest reedo_17

You were wrong Mr.lalit!!!!

You are aware that tidal is developing a 4.2 for the skate....

And this is great news will try when my blade is charged!

Edited by reedo_17

Like all above... not really expected ... :).

This does make me wonder tho, how much work(time) did this cost to realize ?

anyways, great job KonstaT. I'll be downloading some rom now :)

Guest psycho84

Rename .zip -> .apk.

s2e-jb42.zip

Konstat I have a suggestion for a cheap device for you: http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_ot_997-5165.php . It has better hardware than blade III. :)

Konstat, if people chipped in together to get you the £40 Alactel OT-983 (1ghz broadcom chip), 512mb ram, 512mb rom, 2gb microsd would you make a custom rom for it? It comes with android 2.3.7. I'm sure someone could post it to you from the UK.