Photo

[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

* * * * * 8 votes

• Please log in to reply
1184 replies to this topic

Sgl

Sgl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
@Bandaranaike + C3C0

Glad to hear you have resolved your Google Maps issue. However just in case anyone else comes across the "Please enable Google apps location access" error; you need to enable it in the Accounts section as well as the Location section.

System settings > Google (Accounts section) > Location settings > Let Google apps access your location > ON
Hope this helps someone at some point!

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
does anyone have problem with push notifications?
im not receiving any notifications.. (FB, FB messenger, Tapatalk...)

sashko69

sashko69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

On how many fps does the camera work (practically on all 4.0+ roms)? If this can be improved, it could be the last thing I would like to see in this rom. And then, it would be 100% perfect for my daily use.

From my experience, video recording is up to 15fps. Details and brighteness are nice even in low light conditions, but framerate is definetly too low. I agree, video recording at 30 fps would make this absolutely perfect for my daily needs.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

On how many fps does the camera work (practically on all 4.0+ roms)? If this can be improved, it could be the last thing I would like to see in this rom. And then, it would be 100% perfect for my daily use.

Ask yourself, how often do you record video with your phone? My Xperia S can record at 1080p but I haven't made even 1 tiny video clip in the 4 months that I have it. Could be that you use it more often, but I'd find it weird that you use a 4:3 camera a lot, it was outdated from the start. There's a distinction between 100% functionality and being good enough to use as a daily driver. I'd say Jelly Bean has been good enough as a daily driver ever since C3C0 perfected it, and it still would be even if video recording wouldn't work at all.

eddev

eddev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:OMC

Do you use Titanium Backup? I've encountered problems when using it to restore some apps, i.e.with push notifications not working in a couple of different ROMs, re-installing them from Play store seemed to sort it.

Edited by eddev, 22 January 2013 - 08:15 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Well said. On the other hand I can imagine some people need good qualitry camcorder so badly that it's the main criteria for daily driver. In this case there's no other option than to stick with gingerbread.

Edited by C3C0, 22 January 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
well that's the problem, i used titanium, because, i still cant fix play store.. I erase and recreate my G account about 100 times..

shaez

shaez

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Ask yourself, how often do you record video with your phone? My Xperia S can record at 1080p but I haven't made even 1 tiny video clip in the 4 months that I have it. Could be that you use it more often, but I'd find it weird that you use a 4:3 camera a lot, it was outdated from the start. There's a distinction between 100% functionality and being good enough to use as a daily driver. I'd say Jelly Bean has been good enough as a daily driver ever since C3C0 perfected it, and it still would be even if video recording wouldn't work at all.

Personally I use my phone camera on a daily basis, so the fps increase would be amazing. It's usually enough, but yesterday I took it for a snowboard ride and it was definitely not enough :D

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
For such cases I recommend getting HD high-speed helmet mountable camera. So you can enjoy some slow motion clips, too :)

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Bandaranaike

Bandaranaike

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate

@Bandaranaike + C3C0

Glad to hear you have resolved your Google Maps issue. However just in case anyone else comes across the "Please enable Google apps location access" error; you need to enable it in the Accounts section as well as the Location section.

System settings > Google (Accounts section) > Location settings > Let Google apps access your location > ON
Hope this helps someone at some point!

I see. Thanks.

shaez

shaez

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Alright, I got it ;) Still, i'd like to know the reason why is the framerate so low. Is it because of the blade libs?

sjoerd87

sjoerd87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
Hello!

At first, i really Love this rom ;) after the last update i have a problem with 3g too. The icon stays grey all the time... and i also dont get push notifications, a restart doesn't solve the problem. Has anyone a solution for this? It's a nasty issue

Kind regards

Sjoerd

24KiFly24

24KiFly24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Handball, cars, tuning, electronic gadgets:):)
  • Devices:ZTE Skate [RootBox/CM7.2]
  • Twitter:@Béla Bartha

I'm. Also suffering from this;)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I just can't find any relation to the latest changes I made. 3g works fine here. So any steps to reproduce? Or perhaps a logcat?
Do you use any task killers? If yes, uninstall them to see if it makes any difference.

Edited by C3C0, 22 January 2013 - 10:29 PM.

sjoerd87

sjoerd87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:zte skate

I just can't find any relation to the latest changes I made. 3g works fine here. So any steps to reproduce? Or perhaps a logcat?
Do you use any task killers? If yes, uninstall them to see if it makes any difference.

is your icon blue or grey? Here it just stays grey and the weather on the lock screen also doesn't update anymore.

etarek

etarek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate U - V 960
@ C3C0

Hello and Thanks for the response

for my lucky i uninstall the sim card and turn on the mobile , then when i did search for wifi its start working normal , and again when i install the SIM card wifi stop working again ,, what is the solution please help

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
I am using tablet UI mode. Can i just change contacts and gtalk app such that it does not display in tablet mode ??

I tried in paranoid settings --> apps --> Large option. But still it splits screen into two for these two apps.

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake

Why are task killers not recommended ?

Kori Natur

Kori Natur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate
3g works ;)
Niice Rom

@C3C0
Can you update the rom to 4.2.1 ?
Sorry for Bad english i`m german ;)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

is your icon blue or grey? Here it just stays grey and the weather on the lock screen also doesn't update anymore.

Blue. I played with it for quite a long time. Switching 2g/3g/wifi and I always had mobile data after switching wifi off. Whether 2G or 3G.

@ C3C0

Hello and Thanks for the response

for my lucky i uninstall the sim card and turn on the mobile , then when i did search for wifi its start working normal , and again when i install the SIM card wifi stop working again ,, what is the solution please help

I have no clue. How does your sim behave on different roms?

I am using tablet UI mode. Can i just change contacts and gtalk app such that it does not display in tablet mode ??

I tried in paranoid settings --> apps --> Large option. But still it splits screen into two for these two apps.

You have to change Layout, not the "screen large" option. 360px for phone UI, 600px for Phablet (720px layout is tablet)

Why are task killers not recommended ?

http://www.howtogeek...ler-on-android/

especially: "CyanogenMod, the popular community-developed Android ROM, won’t even accept bug reports from users using task killers, saying that they cause more problems than they solve."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users