3g case for nexus 7

Guest Willbott

Guest Willbott

Hi there,

Loving the forum and my 3g Nexus 7.

Only problem I'm having is finding a case that's compatible with the 3g model. I wanted the Poetic Slimline Portfolio case, but Poetic have told me it's not compatible with the 3g nexus 7 as the microphones are in different positions to the standard Nexus 7! They also have no plans to make a 3g compatible version.

I was wondering if anyone has found a portfolio style case that is compatible with the 3g model? If not is there a cheap case like the Poetic one (portfolio style but cheaper) that I could modify myself while we wait for official 3g cases to be available?

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Will.

Guest cmstlist

FWIW I bought a wifi case that covers the 3G microphone. I tried filming myself talking to the front facing camera with the tablet both in and out of the case, and I couldn't hear a difference in volume. Google Now can still understand me with the case on.

Guest philos64

Hi there,

Loving the forum and my 3g Nexus 7.

Only problem I'm having is finding a case that's compatible with the 3g model. I wanted the Poetic Slimline Portfolio case, but Poetic have told me it's not compatible with the 3g nexus 7 as the microphones are in different positions to the standard Nexus 7! They also have no plans to make a 3g compatible version.

I was wondering if anyone has found a portfolio style case that is compatible with the 3g model? If not is there a cheap case like the Poetic one (portfolio style but cheaper) that I could modify myself while we wait for official 3g cases to be available?

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Will.

I've got this item for my N7 3G+ since 2 weeks and it's very good, by quality, good protective, and the automatic sleep/wake is really functionnal

MoKo™ Slim-fit Cover Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus, Black (with Automatic Sleep/Wake Function, Protective Hardback, Built-in Multi-angle Stand, Elastic Hand Strap, and Stylus Loop)--Lifetime Warranty

Edited by philos64

• 2 months later...
Guest MichaelBurgess

Newer versions of the official Asus / Google case are compatible with both. I bought one from Dixons Travel @ London Heathrow last week and it has both the WiFi and Cellular symbols on the font of the box.

All shops that stocked it elsewhere only seemed to have the older WiFi-only version, but they were shops that only sold the WiFi version.

The Google Play store now seems to say that the case is compatible with all versions when you go into the actual product page, but only has a rather tasteful pink version available!

Guest Willbott

Thanks Michael, very good tip off. Think I'll get one as I really like my official case, but end up taking it out of the case to Skype etc.

Cheers and thanks for letting us know.

Will.