[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.9 for ZTE Blade III

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

This is my build of Koush's ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9. This recovery is common to all ZTE devices with board name atlas40 (e.g. ZTE Blade III, ZTE Acqua, V889D, V880E etc).

recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.9-atlas40.zip (CWM/TWRP flashable)
md5:8240530c5e891f7a6f52bb7ac5c23663

recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img
md5:e3e94f9e993f7be0f4193e83f4dc9338

This recovery is fully working with goodies such as repeatable keys and adb sideload support. Use volume keys to navigate menus and power button to select.

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for ClockWorkMod or use the stock recovery to install.

How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm): (recommended)
1. download ZTE USB drivers
2. download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot
3. download recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img recovery image
4. create a new directory somewhere and copy adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img into it
5. plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers (make sure you've enabled USB debugging on your device)
6. change into the directory you've created and execute following commands in terminal window (boots into recovery instead of flashing it)

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img

7. select backup & restore -> backup (Seriously, always backup your device before you install anything!)

How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (windows):
2. download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot
3. download recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img recovery image
4. create a new directory somewhere and copy adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img into it
5. plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers (make sure you've enabled USB debugging on your device)
6. change into the directory you've created and execute following commands in terminal window

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img
fastboot reboot

7. congratulations, you have installed cwm on to your device
8. boot into ClockWorkMod by pressing volume up (or down) while powering on or using 'adb reboot recovery'
9. select backup & restore -> backup (Seriously, always backup your device before you install anything!)

How to root your device via recovery:
1. download root app of your choice (ChainsDD's Superuser, Koush's Superuser, Chainfire's SuperSU) and save it to your sdcard
2. follow instructions on how to install/boot ClockWorkMod recovery
3. install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> root-app-of-your-choice.zip

If you have already gained root access with some other root method, you can flash recovery using Terminal Emulator:
1. copy recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img to the root of your phone's sdcard
2. execute following commands in terminal emulator

su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

How to restore stock recovery:
1. Follow instructions in ZTE Blade III stock ROMs thread

Sources for the recovery are available in my github. You can compile it yourself using CM11 source tree.

Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

6.6. 2014 changelog:

• ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.9
  • support file security labels

18.4. 2013 changelog:

• ClockWorkMod 6.0.3.2
  • reverted internal storage support
  • formatting data leaves trailing for crypto footer

18.4. 2013 changelog:

• ClockWorkMod 6.0.3.1
  • add support for internal storage

Previous builds:

recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-atlas40.zip (CWM/TWRP flashable)
md5:015c6115e7f89951c5a3bb7e145de65a

recovery-cwm6044-atlas40.img
md5:9ad543e2c932b20b5fde2bde08da74d1
Edited by KonstaT

Guest GizmoTheGreen

does this mean you got yourself a Blade III? If you have I'll go get one and post a picture of three Blade next to a Blade III. lol

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

Guest molleolle

This is my build of Koush's ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.2.7 for ZTE Blade III. This should also work on other ZTE devices with board name atlas40 (e.g. ZTE Acqua, V889D, etc).

recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

http://www.mediafire...plggm7zhghx9l9r

md5:6cb8f5f50e0311fe54ba1d5e8a831acc

ClockWorkMod flashable zip:

recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.7-atlas40.zip

http://www.mediafire...aam8qd855mamx3x

md5:98c0ec5d7c0904a7a94bbe7efabb1e38

This recovery is fully working with goodies such as repeatable keys and adb sideload support. Use volume keys to navigate menus and power button to select.

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for ClockWorkMod or use the stock recovery to install.

How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (windows):

3. download recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img recovery image

4. create a new directory somewhere and copy adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img into it

5. plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers

6. cd into the directory you created and execute following commands in terminal window

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

fastboot reboot

7. congratulations, you have installed cwm on to your device 8. boot into ClockWorkMod by pressing volume down while powering on or using 'adb reboot recovery' How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm): (recommended) 1. follow previous instructions up to step 5 2. boot into recovery instead of flashing it

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

3. select backup & restore -> backup How to root your device via recovery: 1. download latest Superuser and su binary from Superuser website and save it to your sdcard 2. follow instructions on how to install clockworkmod recovery 3. boot into clockworkmod 4. install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> Superuser-3.2-arm-signed.zip If you have already gained root access with some other root method, you can flash recovery using Terminal Emulator: 1. copy recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img to the root of your phone's sdcard 2. execute following commands in terminal emulator

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

Sources for the recovery are available in my github. You can compile it yourself using CM10.1 source tree.

Hey! I've tried the method when you run adb and fastboot via windows in cmd. BUT, everytime it reboots as it should. Then I type the flash recovery thing with the right file name... And in cmd it just says "waiting for device".

I waited for over an hour and it still said "waiting for device"... What am I doin wrong??

Can anyone help me? :o

Usually I understand things like this but Now i am stuck at the < waiting for device> and i have tried to installed the drivers that i have, Is these adb drivers something else? I am on Win 7 64b

Found and Modded :)

Edited by dorren

Guest torq1337

Thanks a lot mate! I appreciate it a lot!

PS. For everyone out there... I had problems on my Windows 7 64bit Laptop, so I just did the complete tutorial on my PC which is Windows 7 32bit and everything worked just fine!

Dont know if that makes any differences but it worked!

Edited by torq1337

Guest svenharald86

Dunno if this wil help others that have problem with adb in win7 64bit..put on always get updates from windows update + put usb debugging is on.. Worked for me

Guest KonstaT

we have a problem xd i try to restore my backup today, and everything is ok ( kernel itd ) but i sill have CWM ;/

Even though ClockWorkMod makes a backup of the recovery partition, it doesn't restore it. Usually that would mean that it would overwrite itself and that of course can't happen.

If you want to go back to the stock FTM recovery you need to flash it with fastboot just like you flashed the ClockWorkMod. If you followed the instructions under 'How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm)' you'll find your stock recovery image (as recovery.img) inside your first backup's folder.

Guest zasrancik

e9feb4c9e298.jpg

help 3:00 am trying to install and does not work

adb reboot bootloader

error: device not found

USB drivers and Android SDK tools installed on the hardware

when flashing using the keyboard volume down and switch

waiting and waiting =)

sorry for my english

Edited by zasrancik

Guest GizmoTheGreen

KonstaT any way to flash a new splash image? the stock one is jaggy on the edges and ugly! I got the perfect one to flash but fastboot flash splash splash.img told me theres no such partition :)

Guest GizmoTheGreen

help 3:00 am trying to install and does not work

adb reboot bootloader

error: device not found

USB drivers and Android SDK tools installed on the hardware

when flashing using the keyboard volume down and switch

waiting and waiting =)

sorry for my english

start with the phone ON and inside android, with usb debugging on...

then run adb reboot bootloader, the phone will now reboot and stay at green android screen.

NOW try fastboot flash recovery

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT any way to flash a new splash image? the stock one is jaggy on the edges and ugly! I got the perfect one to flash but fastboot flash splash splash.img told me theres no such partition :)

I think you can use dd in terminal to write it. Splash partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p18. You can also modify the updater-script inside the flashable zip in the first post according to that if you want to use cwm to flash it.

Size of the splash.img in the stock ZTE updates raised little suspicion so I hex edited it a bit. After the regular 565 bitmap there's another image.

post-834050-0-53406400-1360070629.png

Looks like one of the images that are displayed while offline charging. I'm not sure if it's used for anything but I think it was worth mentioning. Changing splash image should be quite safe and you can restore the original easily anyway.

maybe its in kernel?

Well yeah, there's one initlogo in ramdisk that is displayed after the splash image, but that's only in stock ROMs.

BTW i open root explorer today and i see splash.bmp file in /, do you think, if i will overwrite it with my own ( ofc in correct format ) it will be working?

Guest KonstaT

BTW i open root explorer today and i see splash.bmp file in /, do you think, if i will overwrite it with my own ( ofc in correct format ) it will be working?

You're running a stock ROM? You can't overwrite it with root explorer. You'd need to split the boot.img to change it. And it isn't the proper splash image anyway. It's an image that is displayed for about second or two after the proper splash (from splash partition) and before bootanimation. It might be branded to operator/ZTE in some stock ROMs but you won't normally notice it in these generic builds as it's exactly the same image as the proper splash.

Guest GizmoTheGreen

it kind of worked

I made a 480x800 image and used, while in recovery

adb shell

dd if=sourceimage of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 bs=768 count=1000 conv=notrunc

seems to have worked but it's shifted a bit to the right, hmm

edit: nvm used gimp to save the picture instead and I got no "shifting", all is good.

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

Guest DanAndroid

How do I known that the flashing was succesfull? I can't get to cwm recovery mode. Either android recovery mode or ftm mode. I also tried "adb reboot recovery" but it goes normal android recovery mode. When flashing it says two times OKEY OKEY if i remember correct. Phone is ZTE blade 3.

All help is welcome.