[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.9 for ZTE Blade III

Guest KonstaT

Guest LAWREN91

Okay, yes you're on a stock ROM (that is the ROM that came with your phone. Don't worry about recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img for now. It's probably a bit harder for you to do that just yet, but keep the file anyway. I only know this because your recovery (android system recovery 3e) is the recovery you use to install a Stock ROM.

I need to know what country your phone was made for (phone company). Apparently some of the stock ROM download links are missing (ZTE has stopped serving some of the downloads). You can try to find your particular one here. Hopefully you can just flash it to your phone. Don't forget to do a factory reset first in recovery (3rd option down?). Then flash the ROM that is downloaded to your SD card, and you should be ready to go. Let us know how you go. Good luck.

which one should i choose and why is it zte blade 3 stock rom?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

which one should i choose

One of the non branded builds in the first post. The most recent are posted first (0B12). You cannot flash CWM from this recovery. Only if you already have CWM installed can you install CWM using the zip file from the first post. Follow the instructions.

why is it zte blade 3 stock rom?

Because you cannot install ClockWordMod using 3e recovery.

You need to install Stock ROM.

Then you must root your phone. (Have you done this?)

Then you can install CWM.

Guest LAWREN91

One of the non branded builds in the first post. The most recent are posted first (0B12). You cannot flash CWM from this recovery. Only if you already have CWM installed can you install CWM using the zip file from the first post. Follow the instructions.

Because you cannot install ClockWordMod using 3e recovery.

Then you can install CWM.

can you show me step by step ? because i dont understand the instruction on this site http://www.modaco.com/topic/361786-zte-blade-iii-stock-roms/

Guest KonstaT

i cannot flash my zte aqua please help when i flash it it stuck at boot (zte logo)

No one can help you if you can't even properly describe the problem you're having.

Why would anyone need to install a stock ROM to install a custom recovery? Why would anyone install a Blade III stock ROM to an Acqua (or V880E or whatever it is)?

Why would you need to 'root your phone'? Only thing you need is an unlocked bootloader accessible with fastboot (which all of these devices already have).

Guest MJonMoDaCo

No one can help you if you can't even properly describe the problem you're having.

And so the problem began. Personally, I don't think he's going to be able to install fastboot drivers if he doesn't even get the instructions to get his stock ROM installed again.

Why would anyone need to install a stock ROM to install a custom recovery? Why would anyone install a Blade III stock ROM to an Acqua (or V880E or whatever it is)?

Why would you need to 'root your phone'? Only thing you need is an unlocked bootloader accessible with fastboot (which all of these devices already have).

Because trying to explain how to install CWM (which I'm pretty sure he shouldn't bother trying, come to think of it) via fastboot is going to be utterly painful, without having the drivers installed, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't have. I think he ought to just get the right stock ROM tbh, and leave it at that. Unfortunately, the vast majority of ZTE ROMs from http://ztedevices.com/support are hosed, as you're aware, but not his apparently. But...  It's odd.. the only entry under Malaysia (Digi) is only 18MB!!

Surely that wont do. Perhaps you can explain it to him, and you'll see what I mean. What to do Konsta? Because he won't be likely to want to use the adb interface to get this job done...

Guest KonstaT

And so the problem began. Personally, I don't think he's going to be able to install fastboot drivers if he doesn't even get the instructions to get his stock ROM installed again.

Because trying to explain how to install CWM (which I'm pretty sure he shouldn't bother trying, come to think of it) via fastboot is going to be utterly painful, without having the drivers installed, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't have. I think he ought to just get the right stock ROM tbh, and leave it at that. Unfortunately, the vast majority of ZTE ROMs from http://ztedevices.com/support are hosed, as you're aware, but not his apparently. But...  It's odd.. the only entry under Malaysia (Digi) is only 18MB!!

Surely that wont do. Perhaps you can explain it to him, and you'll see what I mean. What to do Konsta? Because he won't be likely to want to use the adb interface to get this job done...

What do you mean 'get his stock ROM installed again'? How can you get it uninstalled? It's simply impossible to get the device to a non-booting condition following instructions here.

Most likely scenario: 'adb reboot bootloader' -> device 'freezes' to zte logo as reported (= bootloader, exactly where he/she should be) -> no Windows fastboot drivers installed -> can't execute fastboot commands -> comes here for help giving very little useful information.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

How can you get it uninstalled? It's simply impossible to get the device to a non-booting condition following instructions here.

Most likely scenario: 'adb reboot bootloader' -> device 'freezes' to zte logo as reported (= bootloader, exactly where he/she should be) -> no Windows fastboot drivers installed -> can't execute fastboot commands -> comes here for help giving very little useful information.

Yes, that's quite possible. On the other hand, he hasn't mentioned whether or not he has managed to get to reboot the phone or not. I was under the impression that it was bootlooping? Hard to say, and I don't know if he's going to (say) either...

Guest LAWREN91

Yes, that's quite possible. On the other hand, he hasn't mentioned whether or not he has managed to get to reboot the phone or not. I was under the impression that it was bootlooping? Hard to say, and I don't know if he's going to (say) either...

so what should i do now with my phone?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

so what should i do now with my phone?

*smh* What have you DONE with your phone is the question. Is it booting to Android (no cables attached?)

Guest The_Real_Crash0verride

KonstaT, i cant thank you enough for ur port (y) (y) i have 2 Medion P4012 or ZTE whatever they are called and i rooted them already. (Farmaroot) I have searched for custom roms a lot, mostly on XDA but no one have done those i think till i looked here and found ur post. Ofcourse i needed a custom recovery aswell, and this one was zo easy to install with the terminal emulator. I was actually gonna try it with the Android SDK kit for windows but that was to much work. Anyway, all went smooth and nice, well done man. Still i have some suggestions for the custom roms u made but that i gonna post in the specific thread :)

Guest LAWREN91

*smh* What have you DONE with your phone is the question. Is it booting to Android (no cables att

what is smh? and what is booting to android no cables attached?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

what is smh? and what is booting to android no cables attached?

*Shaking My Head* (I'm STILL shaking my head)

and what is booting to android no cables attached?

You know... Turning your phone ON. What happens to it?

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest LAWREN91

*Shaking My Head* (I'm STILL shaking my head)

You know... Turning your phone ON. What happens to it?

NORMAL LA WHEN I TURN ON MY PHONE GOT ZTE LOGO?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I don't consider that normal. Making a phone call with the phone is normal. But you can't do that, can you?

@KonstaT If that's the case, then I think that answers your question.

Guest LAWREN91

I don't consider that normal. Making a phone call with the phone is normal. But you can't do that, can you?

OF COURSE I CAN MAKE PHONE CALL

Guest KonstaT

LOL, no one has absolutely no clue what's going on with that device. :D If your device is working normally (like it would now appear) just continue using it and forget that any of this ever happened. Installing ClockWorkMod just turned out to be too difficult task for you and no one can even help you if you can't describe the problem you're having.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

surrender.gif

:D If your device is working normally (like it would now appear) just continue using it and forget that any of this ever happened. Installing ClockWorkMod just turned out to be too difficult task for you.

badcomp.gif

Guest MJonMoDaCo

i got another problem my phone keep restarting i dont know whats the problem u know the solution?

1) Start a new topic. This is to do with ClockworkMod, which I'm sure you won't get until you understand how - or get a friend to do it for you.

2) How am I going to know why your phone is rebooting? So the answer is: no I don't know.

I'm having a problem installing CWM. The problem is my ZTE Blade 3 won't connect properly with my pc. PC keeps identifying it as ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) (COM3) and it won't appear as storage?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I'm having a problem installing CWM. The problem is my ZTE Blade 3 won't connect properly with my pc. PC keeps identifying it as ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) (COM3) and it won't appear as storage?

Do you have the adb drivers installed? That might be a good start... I don't know why you'd need to use that interface for it, but there are other methods to get it to install... but you'd need the adb drivers and usb debugging mode to get it going anyway...

Edit: Here's the link to the drivers in case you don't have them?

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Drivers are not the problem. They are installed. The problem is that for some reason the PC keeps identifying it as ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) (COM3) and not as portable device, or android device or whatever. The conclusion I have reached for now is that when I've had my phone serviced, they put in faulty motherboard.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Drivers are not the problem. They are installed. The problem is that for some reason the PC keeps identifying it as ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) (COM3) and not as portable device, or android device or whatever. The conclusion I have reached for now is that when I've had my phone serviced, they put in faulty motherboard.

Are you sure you have the ADB debugging mode on? That's curious to say the least.

This is most unusual. Perhaps you could try uninstalling the drivers and trying again probably wouldn't fix it, but if you can't get the adb interface going, then there isn't really any way that you can do this. Are you able to adb sideload in the recovery? Can't remember if you have the ability to. Not familiar with FTM mode (never had to use it), but IIRC that's only an Emergency to get your phone going again back to Stock ROM, which you've already got?? The shop you took it to ought to give you advice on why this is happening, as they were the ones that put the motherboard on...

Edited by MJonMoDaCo