• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

jaceq

jaceq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
So, are there success stories of above?
I am considering buying a blade3 from orange but would need to unlock it :)

I can re-translate it into a bit more proper english if someone wants.

KenBW2

KenBW2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300 & G510, ZTE Blade

So, are there success stories of above?
I am considering buying a blade3 from orange but would need to unlock it :)

I can re-translate it into a bit more proper english if someone wants.

I'm in a similar boat to you. A translation would be appreciated

Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 + Root Tweaks > FusionX > CM10 > CM10.1 > CM10.2 > CM11 | Clockwork Recovery
Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 > CM 10.1 Sisco 1.0 kernel > TouchMeZ v1.4.1 > b190 Firmware Update > CM10.1 | TWRP Recovery
Huawei G510 Stock 4.1 > TouchMe v7 + AOSP Mod
Z.T.E. Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > CM7 > [GEN1>GEN2] > Ginger Stir Fry 9 > Blue Ginger V2 > [GEN2 > GEN3] > CM9 Alpha 5 > Simple Stir Fry Lite b27 > CM9 ColdFusionX 28/02/12 > KonstaT's CM10 > KonstaT's CM10.1 | Clockwork 5.0.2.0
Z.T.E. Blade OLED Stock 2.1 > JJ RLS5 > CM7 RC1 > Ippe H's Honeycomb A5 > Finnish Fillyjonk RLS6 > CM7 RC1 > Stock 2.1 | Clockwork 2.5.1.8 > 3.0.0.5
ZTE Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > MCR r3 | Clockwork 2.5.1.3 (
Replaced)
T-Mobile Pulse (Lots) > FLB2 > CM7 > CM6.1, Clockwork Recovery

jaceq

jaceq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I'm in a similar boat to you. A translation would be appreciated

Ok I did what I could, keep in mind that I am NOT a russian speaker, let me know if you get any progress.

!! Each point is there for a reason, don't miss anything! Before you start playing, read everything and make sure all is clear to you! If oyu have any questions, look for answers of other users before you ask.
Make sure there is no problem with driver on your PC. If you're unsure about something do not take the risk.
1. Make sure phone is charged in at least 50%, remove back cover for whole process (so you won't have to do it 5 times).
2. Make a backup of QPST (only for 4th paragraph)
3. Extract dump 2.3.6 and DFU tools into a separate folder. Enter phone into DFU-mode: take battery out and in, press and hole '+' and '-' buttons, put USB cable in, press POWER button while holding
'+' and '-' keys, at this stage you have to get ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) (COMx). (If phone is seen as unknown device on computer, install driver from ZTE package)
4. Start DFU Tools, on the right side put the path to dump 2.3.6, on the left select all boxes. Check box on the right is selected. Click the left button as the bottom and wait for completion.
On success phone will go into FTM-mode. It is very important to mark right boxes
5. Close DFU tools, after phone reboot Chinese firmware will load, you can change language in settings to english (gray letter A in settings).
6. Download the modified Russian 2.3.6 firmware
7. Switch on debugging mode on the phone, and connect to Pc, download CWM, run recovery 5.0.2.8.exe, keep pressing enter until window closes.
Switch the phone off, switch it back on holding (don't get which keys) to put phone into recovery mode (Chinese one ;) ):
a) In chinese characters select menu item 5, in the menu you will see four options - first two are choice of firmware files and last two need to be adjustes since you will need to disable signature verification for firmawre and scirpt.
Press - and see which character appeared (probably a chinese one), open the menu below - and get the same character appear.
Next, in the first two rows seleft firmware file from step 6 and acknoledge, wait untill progress bar is completed and three charactes will appear.
Reboot via CWM or by removing batter. (If flash does not work, than last two rows were selected in opposite meaning)
8. Next select update.zip to install after reboot to root, in settings select Update and update to 4.0.4
9. (Sorry I don't get this one) orig: .S QPST help restore previously removed backup radio module tab Restore (checkbox is not selected.)

Edited by jaceq, 19 February 2013 - 10:26 PM.

KenBW2

KenBW2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Ok I did what I could, keep in mind that I am NOT a russian speaker, let me know if you get any progress.

Thanks for that. As I hinted, I don't actually have a Blade 3, but I'm keeping my eye on the sim lock situation before I get one

Anyone brave enough to give this a go?

Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 + Root Tweaks > FusionX > CM10 > CM10.1 > CM10.2 > CM11 | Clockwork Recovery
Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 > CM 10.1 Sisco 1.0 kernel > TouchMeZ v1.4.1 > b190 Firmware Update > CM10.1 | TWRP Recovery
Z.T.E. Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > CM7 > [GEN1>GEN2] > Ginger Stir Fry 9 > Blue Ginger V2 > [GEN2 > GEN3] > CM9 Alpha 5 > Simple Stir Fry Lite b27 > CM9 ColdFusionX 28/02/12 > KonstaT's CM10 > KonstaT's CM10.1 | Clockwork 5.0.2.0
Z.T.E. Blade OLED Stock 2.1 > JJ RLS5 > CM7 RC1 > Ippe H's Honeycomb A5 > Finnish Fillyjonk RLS6 > CM7 RC1 > Stock 2.1 | Clockwork 2.5.1.8 > 3.0.0.5
Replaced)

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
In the same boat here. My G300 got stolen a few days ago and am now in need of a replacement. Would be good to get back to the Blade. :)
I'm currently stuck using my original Blade while I look for a replacement. :/

KenBW2

KenBW2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

In the same boat here. My G300 got stolen a few days ago and am now in need of a replacement. Would be good to get back to the Blade. :)
I'm currently stuck using my original Blade while I look for a replacement. :/

Interesting that you'd switch to the Blade 3. I'm having a deliberation over whether to consider the G300 or the Blade 3. They're both essentially the same phone, only real differences being the G300 has a flash, whereas the Blade 3 has native ICS.

Care to explain why, having had a G300 you'd consider the Blade 3 over a new G300?

(Going a bit Off Topic here, maybe might be good to move the discussion elsewhere)

Replaced)

pmcx9

pmcx9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300
My G300 screen went funny last week. Tesco gave me full refund (£90) even though 7 months old. I bought a blade3 from virgin for £67 delivered and ordered an unlock code for £15 but unfortunately they said it takes 5-7 working days to arrive by post so bear this in mind for anyone considering buying this phone hoping to get it unlocked quickly.

£82 for an unlocked phone with guarantee so not too bad. I know the G300 is £100 at amazon but I fancied something different as I always found the G300 sluggish once I went to ICS no matter which rom I used

Hopefully the Blade3 will be slightly more responsive.

Edited by pmcx9, 20 February 2013 - 02:07 PM.

xondrax

xondrax

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G510 4.1.1 Stock
pmcx9:where You find Blade 3 for £67?

KenBW2

KenBW2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

pmcx9:where You find Blade 3 for £67?

£77.99 on VM's website, which includes £10 credit, so £69.99. If pmcx9 knows of a place selling them for £67 without the need for the £10 credit then I'm all ears.

Replaced)

jaceq

jaceq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
So, did anyone from who has the device already, would you be willing to try to unlock it with method mentioned here?
Problem for me is that operator here (orange in CH) will not give out the code before 2 years have passed, and since I don't want to be on orange I can't just buy the phone and
figure out that I can't unlock it...

(A bit back on topic ;) )

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III

Can somebody tell me what this means, and if its an unlock put into regular english

Nothing. It's just a tool that you can use to flash low level firmware to your device. Problem is that there are no files for this device. Like I previously said there's firmware available for V889D/V880E (dual-sim variant of this device) and N880E (CDMA variant of this device).

jaceq

jaceq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hiya,

But @hecatae attached DFU.zip file in this topic... is this one not good either?
@hecatae maybe you can clarify things a bit?

Thanks

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III

But @hecatae attached DFU.zip file in this topic... is this one not good either?

Yes, that is the tool. But there is no files to flash with that tool.

I'd probably think twice before flashing ZTE V889D gingerbread (referred as dump 2.3.6 in the guide) on to Blade III. ;)

@hecatae maybe you can clarify things a bit?

Yes please.

mrrog

mrrog

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E2, omc, nexus7

Nothing. It's just a tool that you can use to flash low level firmware to your device. Problem is that there are no files for this device. Like I previously said there's firmware available for V889D/V880E (dual-sim variant of this device) and N880E (CDMA variant of this device).

thanks, and by the way your swedish snow is the best

KenBW2

KenBW2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

your swedish snow is the best

I beg to differ. Android 4.2 on a device only officially on 2.1? I know where my allegiances lie

Replaced)

pmcx9

pmcx9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300
Posted Image

Here is my email from virginmobile to clarify how I got it at £67.98 delivered

jaceq

jaceq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Here is my email from virginmobile to clarify how I got it at £67.98 delivered

Here (in CH) you can get it for 100chf which is 70GBP too... but unlock is the problem :)

zanzoul

zanzoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I tested the application toolbox5irom.apk I managed to backup my imei, but the problem I can not put it in the phone memory, I managed to unlock Huawei G300 with this method without DFS Tool, see the topic:
http://www.modaco.co...lock-your-g300/

I am currently testing another method.

Excuse my English

My friendships.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,157 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez

Yes, that is the tool. But there is no files to flash with that tool.

I'd probably think twice before flashing ZTE V889D gingerbread (referred as dump 2.3.6 in the guide) on to Blade III. ;)

Yes please.

I'm not going to upload files that could brick your device.
Currently curious if that dfu.zip will work on V788 ZTE Kis.

Still checking a couple of things

JohnnyZTE

JohnnyZTE

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco II
Bump

How are we getting on with the Sim lock guys?

N97 lost interest after Nokia did
3 x San Francisco II in this household all on Fish & Chips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users