[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

The yesterdays update (20130913) messed up the storage settings.

It changed the default storage to internal SD, so I lost my apps that was on SD card and I have to install it again.

Anyway it's nice to set the default to internal, so there is only my stuff on external SD, but as an upgrade, it won't work.

If the ROM stays with this settings, I'll make a clean install of it later.

Guest fussyfella

The yesterdays update (20130913) messed up the storage settings.

It changed the default storage to internal SD, so I lost my apps that was on SD card and I have to install it again.

Anyway it's nice to set the default to internal, so there is only my stuff on external SD, but as an upgrade, it won't work.

If the ROM stays with this settings, I'll make a clean install of it later.

please keep us posted, that's the reason I did NOT install the update, for fear of what happened to you happening to my phone -- I've got too much stuff on my SD card to lose it all - of course, I always do a backup of the ROM installing before installing a new version, BUT ....

Guest HofiX-CZ

I have realy BIG problem! The problem is maybye bricked... :-(

Yesterday I installed cm-10.1-20130905-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip after full wipe and then installed GAPPS. Everything was OK. So I made some settings in new installed ROM to picture of mine (including compcache to 18% and some other things in "Performance" settings). Then I rebooted the phone (everything seemed absolutely normal). So I run Titanium Backup and started recovery of apps. It went OK, but at 53% (or 58%?) it stuck on app "GPS Status. I didn't do anything and went watching TV and when I came back to my phone, the screen was black (but on - it was shining). Phone didn't react to anything so I pulled battery out.

Since that phone is absolutelly dead and don't react to anything. Battery isn't dead, because i measured the voltage and it's 4V on it. Also before recovery via TB battery was on 80%. When i put out the battery and connect phone to charger it also do anything. I tried to remove the battery for whole night and then start phone...without any diference. Also I tried to enter RECOVERY or fastboot mode....without any success. :-( When i connected phone to PC without battery the PC started to install new USB device, but didn't recognize it. The phone didn't do absolutely anything. (No vibration, no change to screen).

Now I don't have any idea what to do next. Only to try to apply warranty.... Also my second problem is that I have all backups on internal SD...yes I'm asshole i know... :-(. Does anybody even think what can I do? I would appreciate ANY HELP!!!

I think it doesn't anything to do with ROM, but here are a lot of clever people, so I would be really happy, if anyone could give me advice.

Guest dubois1998

Guys, I need a little bit of help.

I'm a novice at installing a custom rom, but I've just done it on my Huawei ascend g300 (the latest nightly one from 16/9/13).

However, now I have no keyboard installed on my phone (can anyone help?!) and also the back and more options buttons at the bottom of my phone aren't working (the home button is, but not the other two).

Thanks.

Guest solrakk6

Hi, im actually on 4.2.2

1- Just wipe cache, dalvick and install the cm10.2 and gapps for 4.3?? Or it's requiered full wipes??

2- The 4.3 is full working on G300 like 4.2.2?

3- The 4.2.2 have the green bug solved? (when take pictures)

Thx adavance :unsure:

Edited by solrakk6

Don't think so. Search the thread and there are lots of mentions of the green screen/lag with the stock camera app. The solution seems to be to use another camera app.

Guest solrakk6

Don't think so. Search the thread and there are lots of mentions of the green screen/lag with the stock camera app. The solution seems to be to use another camera app.

thx !!! What apk are you using dalyer?

Hi, im actually on 4.2.2

1- Just wipe cache, dalvick and install the cm10.2 and gapps for 4.3?? Or it's requiered full wipes??

2- The 4.3 is full working on G300 like 4.2.2?

Thx adavance :unsure:

Edited by solrakk6

Guest papadkostas

guys i dont know why, but while i was using this rom(im not trying to blame anyone!!)

and my phone just died while charging. no O/C or anything.

anyway i got it repaired for free. but i wonder if this is beeing caused from non official bootloader or just faulty boards.

did anyone herd of someone's phone died with stock bootloader ?

Edited by papadkostas

Guest papadkostas

I have realy BIG problem! The problem is maybye bricked... :-(

Yesterday I installed cm-10.1-20130905-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip after full wipe and then installed GAPPS. Everything was OK. So I made some settings in new installed ROM to picture of mine (including compcache to 18% and some other things in "Performance" settings). Then I rebooted the phone (everything seemed absolutely normal). So I run Titanium Backup and started recovery of apps. It went OK, but at 53% (or 58%?) it stuck on app "GPS Status. I didn't do anything and went watching TV and when I came back to my phone, the screen was black (but on - it was shining). Phone didn't react to anything so I pulled battery out.

Since that phone is absolutelly dead and don't react to anything. Battery isn't dead, because i measured the voltage and it's 4V on it. Also before recovery via TB battery was on 80%. When i put out the battery and connect phone to charger it also do anything. I tried to remove the battery for whole night and then start phone...without any diference. Also I tried to enter RECOVERY or fastboot mode....without any success. :-( When i connected phone to PC without battery the PC started to install new USB device, but didn't recognize it. The phone didn't do absolutely anything. (No vibration, no change to screen).

Now I don't have any idea what to do next. Only to try to apply warranty.... Also my second problem is that I have all backups on internal SD...yes I'm asshole i know... :-(. Does anybody even think what can I do? I would appreciate ANY HELP!!!

I think it doesn't anything to do with ROM, but here are a lot of clever people, so I would be really happy, if anyone could give me advice.

just send it to service, tell them it died while charging, nothing more, you'll get phone board replaced. in my case it came back with zero imei. and i recovered it with cdma tool 

Guest bidzapfc

just send it to service, tell them it died while charging, nothing more, you'll get phone board replaced. in my case it came back with zero imei. and i recovered it with cdma tool 

If your board got replaced you then have a different IMEI

Hi, I installed latest version and all works OK. It's great ROM. I tried swap external storage with internal and it work, but then stopped working USB mass storage. I modified file vold.fstab . Does someone have any idea how enable USB mass storage with swapped storage? Please help me.

Thanks

Sorry for my English.

Guest twain1979

I updated my g300 with the 10.2-20130923-nightly rom and after that i have some problems:

-i can't find the app for the camera

-google apps (hangout,google+,etc etc) can't start and this message appears "the application google services play is stopped in an unusual way" SOLVED with a new installation of the gapps for jb 

Can you help me please???!!!

Edited by twain1979

Guest twain1979

I'd like to help you by reporting a bug or a wrong setting of the new rom (10.2-20130923-nightly).

I install an app on my G300 and then I would carry it in the sd card to free some space in my smartphone, but I find that the app has been moved into the Internal storage (2 gb) and not in the sd card (16 gb)

have you any solution?

Wrong thread? This is the CM10.1 thread but you seem to be talking about CM10.2?

Anyway - isn't that behaviour simply down to the storage changes in CM10.2/Android 4.3 as mentioned in the CM10.2 thread? e.g.:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/364708-jb-43-cyanogenmod-102-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-10#entry2158531

http://www.modaco.com/topic/364708-jb-43-cyanogenmod-102-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-11#entry2159491

Edited by dalyer

Guest fussyfella

What's happening with the latest update (20130927)??

Tried to install it as usual OTA, went through setting up the CM account -- nice feature to have -- but most of my apps were not "installed" -- had 5 pages of apps, went back to 2 1/2 -- huh??

Can;t remember the details, I'd done a full backup before installing the update, so quickly went back to restoring that, without problems

repeated the exercise thinking it might have been due to problems downloading the ROM, but same result

so back to "the previous version" (haven't seen much point in upgrading over last couple of weeks, but the Find / Wipe Phone feature would be nice

currently using version of 20130906 - any changes since then I need to take account of??

Edited by fussyfella

I haven't find untrusted word, in this topic... so i have a question.

When I start an update (this morning nightly) via OTA and restart it to recovery (which is the latest) it comes an error message: "Install Untrusted Package? THIS VAN NOT BE UNDONE."

I can say: - Yes - Install untrusted zip

but than is says aborted, and restart the original version.

What's the problem? what's the solution?

PS.: Sorry for my very bad english!

:) i found a solution:

i installed the downloaded zip in cmupdater folder... 

I haven't find untrusted word, in this topic... so i have a question.

When I start an update (this morning nightly) via OTA and restart it to recovery (which is the latest) it comes an error message: "Install Untrusted Package? THIS VAN NOT BE UNDONE."

I can say: - Yes - Install untrusted zip

but than is says aborted, and restart the original version.

What's the problem? what's the solution?

PS.: Sorry for my very bad english!

What's happening with the latest update (20130927)??

Tried to install it as usual OTA, went through setting up the CM account -- nice feature to have -- but most of my apps were not "installed" -- had 5 pages of apps, went back to 2 1/2 -- huh??

Can;t remember the details, I'd done a full backup before installing the update, so quickly went back to restoring that, without problems

repeated the exercise thinking it might have been due to problems downloading the ROM, but same result

so back to "the previous version" (haven't seen much point in upgrading over last couple of weeks, but the Find / Wipe Phone feature would be nice

currently using version of 20130906 - any changes since then I need to take account of??

From 20130913 build, the name of the sd card changed and the default storages is now the internal SD. So basically, you lost the apps that was on the SD card. http://getcm.thebronasium.com/get/cyanogenmod/167/CHANGES.txt

Guest fussyfella

From 20130913 build, the name of the sd card changed and the default storages is now the internal SD. So basically, you lost the apps that was on the SD card. http://getcm.thebronasium.com/get/cyanogenmod/167/CHANGES.txt

Many, many, many thanks -- was beginning to think that must have been it, but didn't "know"

that's a reason I haven't moved to 10.2, knowing the change had been made to that, and had hoped 10.1 had been "spared"

again, many thanks, that's a "relief"