[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Pyntux

You need to go to developer options and enable option to have "reboot to recovery" in reboot menu...

Unlock with volume buttons I did not see eather in those "hidden" CM10.1 versions, so...I do not know... :(

@Dazzo

What to do with that fixed settings.apk, just to replace "old" one with this new?

Edited by Pyntux

Guest rebas

In the settings / display - missing the last option (in R2 was) the possibility of awakening using the volume button up/down.

edit: hehe, Dazz was faster. :-)

Edited by rebas

Guest Andymac1969

Yeah, just replace it. I obviously didn't get the memo early enough. :P

I have replaced the old settings.apk, with the new one in /system/app/ and now settings won't open, anyone tell me what 'me' the idiot has done wrong?

Guest rebas

I download Settings.apk to SD card. But in Total commander - copy this file to: /system/app - su error: could not create target file /storage/sdcard1/download/settings.apk

:-(

Guest rebas

I have replaced the old settings.apk, with the new one in /system/app/ and now settings won't open, anyone tell me what 'me' the idiot has done wrong?

I have same problem :-) now.

Guest Andymac1969

You might have to reboot, I've already had reports of success with it so it should be okay...

Sorry mate, two reboots, no joy :huh:

Guest Andymac1969

Sorry mate, two reboots, no joy :huh:

I will go sit in the corner with the 'D' hat on, please just ignore me, all ok now

Andrew

Guest dakok

Everything looks fine (much more than fine :)).

Have one problem, though, Cant set weather on lockscreen.

It wont accept location in settings???

Guest Andymac1969

use COPY, not COPY TOO that was my mistake lol

Just noticed that after every reboot system settings does not work, I definitely have the new settings.apk installed as I now have the volume wake, but It says system settings not installed after every reboot

Guest Higgy69

Thanks for info on 'Recovery Menu'.

Regarding 'Volume Wake' I tried allsorts of overwriting etc but no luck. In the end I just overwrote the old Settings.APK in the ROM .zip in WINRAR and have just reinstalled ROM. Volume wake is now working :D

Just got to reinstall Apps using GoBackUp.

Cheers & nighty night.

Guest Andymac1969

Thanks for info on 'Recovery Menu'.

Regarding 'Volume Wake' I tried allsorts of overwriting etc but no luck. In the end I just overwrote the old Settings.APK in the ROM .zip in WINRAR and have just reinstalled ROM. Volume wake is now working :D

Just got to reinstall Apps using GoBackUp.

Cheers & nighty night.

Good call, i'll do that myself

Guest rebas
In the end I just overwrote the old Settings.APK in the ROM .zip in WINRAR and have just reinstalled ROM. Volume wake is now working :D

Thanks, now I Got it. :-)

Guest thomanski

Yup, while Bluetooth tethering is still not working (according to my very brief test, perhaps because of the advertised existing Bluetooth issue), setting up a Wifi hotspot works beautifully in R3. Not tested much else but really really happy about this. Thanks Daz, kra1o5 and whoever else has contributed to 10.1 in general and specifically to the G300 port.