3409 replies to this topic

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

How can I install this please? Won't let me install it.

Just follow posts from this page:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2186734&page=19

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

colehole

colehole

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Just follow posts from this page:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2186734&page=19

Cheers all done

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

Maybe because it does not use your data allowance and eat your battery like 3g does ?

No but it means having your headphones in and listening to local radio stations that are far worse then streaming station like tulin e.t.c. just my 2pennys worth. There are better and easier stations out there . Get on giffgaff as it opens things up a lot more regarding data . Also you can buy a decent in ear radio for less then a 10 pound note

Biohazard

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
One need for FM is for local radio football coverage - licensing prevents local BBC radio stations from streaming commentary online, so if you want to listen to your local team while watching your kids messing about on the park, you need FM.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 05 April 2013 - 10:49 PM.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

No but it means having your headphones in and listening to local radio stations that are far worse then streaming station like tulin e.t.c. just my 2pennys worth. There are better and easier stations out there . Get on giffgaff as it opens things up a lot more regarding data . Also you can buy a decent in ear radio for less then a 10 pound note

I have used giff gaff in the past it costs £10 a month, i am now on Ovivo Mobile it cost me £5 6 month ago and i still have £5 of credit, At the minute this gives me 150 mins call 150 text and 400 mb of data which is good for me, why pay £10 or more a month? It has cost me f/all :).

Still using Spirit FM is more for battery conservation than anything else.

langerhead

langerhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascent g300
the cLock app (ver 2.2) still wont display any weather for me and the clock on the lockscreen remains the same (non bold numbers) no matter what i do, even though the clock on the home screen has both bold and non bold numbers. The lock screen settings work for adding shortcuts to the lock ring etc but nothing makes a difference to the clock, i also tried dashclock but it was the same. Is this the same for everyone? not a deal breaker on an otherwise great ROM but i'm curious.

buzzo42

buzzo42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Still eats too much battery even in sleep mode, from fully charged to 86% overnight, R1 with the same setup takes 2-3% max. Oh well, back to R1, I don't notice any other differencies anyway.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Still eats too much battery even in sleep mode, from fully charged to 86% overnight, R1 with the same setup takes 2-3% max. Oh well, back to R1, I don't notice any other differencies anyway.

There are actually lots of differences, if you read the change log you would know that.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

buzzo42

buzzo42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

There are actually lots of differences, if you read the change log you would know that.

I said I hadn't noticed any, especially those that would make me ignore huge battery drain difference with my setup. Ok?:)

ptoner

ptoner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Had an issue with this and some other ROMs. Echo on some calls. Had it on the latest version of SLIM v11 and also CM10.1 v3.
What happens is when I call someone, I hear my own voice echoed back to me whilst the caller at the other end hears does not hear the echo.

Is this a known issue on 4.0.3 and 4.2.2?? Or is it just my phone?

Edited by ptoner, 06 April 2013 - 10:09 AM.

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Huaweii U8815

I'll answer my own question after doing some digging, updating on the play store to the latest Google Search, kills Google Now, it makes it slow as hell, and a real pain to use, the one that comes when you flash the ROM and Gapps is fine.

Andrew

I went through the recommended procedure for rooting then upgrading ROM, as listed on the UK Huaweig300 website (copied from MoDaCo) -- which installs CWM 6.01 BUT NOW ....

I too have a dysfunctional Google Now / Voice Search -- in testing, I've gone back to ICS and prev version of CWM 6.01.02 -- when I upgrade to 10.1, it still works, but when I flash CWM to 6.02 Google Now refuses to start -- someone suggested this upgrade of CWM as a way to do OTA upgrade to CM10.1 -R3 -- but doing so kills Google Now, so it looks like a need to go back to old version of CWM -- does anyone know of a zip version of it? I went through the computer-based way of installing it originally, do I need to go that path again?

sidjacksarkari

sidjacksarkari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
trying now from cm10... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

sidjacksarkari

sidjacksarkari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
no problem with signal so far

colehole

colehole

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

the cLock app (ver 2.2) still wont display any weather for me and the clock on the lockscreen remains the same (non bold numbers) no matter what i do, even though the clock on the home screen has both bold and non bold numbers. The lock screen settings work for adding shortcuts to the lock ring etc but nothing makes a difference to the clock, i also tried dashclock but it was the same. Is this the same for everyone? not a deal breaker on an otherwise great ROM but i'm curious.

Did you delete the old one? Have you resized the widget?

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Android

Not had the loss of signal yet, and CM9 suffers from non functional auto brightness which is not too good. After using so many roms and different versions of those roms like slim, stock+, cm9, cm10, cm10.1 and so on i have lost the plot as to which had the less faults.

I really like this rom i can live with the battery but the in call voice amplification is too strong and distorts, it may have something to do with volume+ i have installed but i doubt it. I have also noticed on this rom that if you look at the screen in a indoor environment the brightness fluctuates, this is while i am stood still btw.

I completely agree - it would be very nice to have an overview of all the ROMs and how well they work. Then people could check that the features they need actually work.

Would you like to post one? Somehow I feel that a Wiki would be a better place than a forum for it - it makes editing much easier.

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Im a techy who tests phones to the max!!
  • Devices:Xperia SP, GalaxyTab 2 7.0"
Only issue I have got is this
Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1365263327951.jpg   81.71KB   203 downloads
Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1365263352266.jpg   67.56KB   189 downloads
Don't know why it says that

I was once a noob like you.... until i bricked my G300. ^_^
If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

Johnnyd1979

Johnnyd1979

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Weirdly all my google contacts disappeared. And I can't get them to update. The alarm clock crashes. And a couple of programs stopped working. Google now is also crashing.

Instead of the usual clean install I did an OTA from the previous version. Tomorrow I'll try a clean install to see if most problems are solved.

Also battery life is poor, as usual in this phone and in most releases. I wonder if there's a bigger battery then 1500mAh that fits the G300 on sale...

Edited by Johnnyd1979, 06 April 2013 - 04:38 PM.

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Weirdly all my google contacts disappeared. And I can't get them to update. The alarm clock crashes. And a couple of programs stopped working. Google now is also crashing.

Instead of the usual clean install I did an OTA from the previous version. Tomorrow I'll try a clean install to see if most problems are solved.

Also battery life is poor, as usual in this phone and in most releases. I wonder if there's a bigger battery then 1500mAh that fits the G300 on sale...

Hi Johnny, always pays to check previous posts -- I've reported this problem of Google Now crashing when upgrade is done via OTA (likely due to problem with CWM Recovery) but no boffins have replied to this yet.

samjam

samjam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
I said that on a 2nd boot 11 more apps are upgraded and then the Google stuff works again. But after the ota update you could also try flashing the latest gapps

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I said that on a 2nd boot 11 more apps are upgraded and then the Google stuff works again. But after the ota update you could also try flashing the latest gapps

If you're referring to my post -- sorry, that didn't work -- Google Now still crashes whenever I attempt to open it --- only thing changed in the experiment was the CWM I used -- if there's a different one I should use, no one's suggested what it is, or if there's a zip version of the "original" as provided via the UK Huaweig300 site (theirs being 6.0.1)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users