OEMINFO-Hack-Tool-v10 (install any update.app) [20/03/2013]

Guest jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

I made a tool to be able to install any UPDATE.APP using the imei hack method with ADB. I think it's easier to use than 5irom, and it works in Windows and Linux (in Linux you have to double click the files and run in a terminal).

- You have to Root your phone (if it isn't already) to use this tool.

- Enable USB Debugging in Developer options.

- If you are using a stock rom, disable quick start in settings.

- If you are using CyanogenMod, enable Root access for ADB in Developer options.

STEPS:

1) Download the zip, extract it to your computer and open the folder. Connect USB cable to your phone.

2) Backup your imei using the file "1-imei-backup-". It will create a folder called IMEI-BACKUP in your sdcard and in your computer.

3) Hack your imei using the file "2-imei-hack-".

4) Copy the folder "dload" containig the update.app to your sdcard. Power off your phone and then power it on while pressing both volume buttons.

5) Once installed, you have to ROOT again, enable USB debugging and disable quick start. Also, set default storage to sdcard if that's where you imei backup is.

6) Restore your imei using the file "3-restore-imei-".

7) Disconnect USB cable and restart your phone.

WARNING: this is only for Huawei G300, do not use it in other devices.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.solidfile...m/d/0783d1fb35/

Edited by jsevi83

I made a tool to be able to install any UPDATE.APP using the imei hack with ADB.

Just to clarify (if I'm not being too dumb! :blush:) so using this you can start with any ROM (stock or custom) and baseband version and go to any GB or ICS stock update.app version (and associated baseband) obviating the need for, say, the Huawei official ICS to GB two step downgrade of the 5irom zeroize IMEI approach etc.? If sounds good! :)

Guest jsevi83

Why double click on Linux? :) I think you must first chmod those files, then run them in konsole...

The files were packed with executable permissions, so double click and run in a terminal is the easiest option. But do as you like.. :P

EDIT: Tool updated to add a warning in case you are trying to hack your imei before making a backup.

EDIT 2: Tool updated to add "@ECHO OFF" in windows bat files. Instructions text file improved.

EDIT 3: Tool updated to check at the end of the script if backup was properly done.

Edited by jsevi83

Guest vibracopilu

Probably because there is no "dload" folder in your sdcard with an UPDATE.APP inside.

Yes there is...and I tried to put it first on sd card, then on internal memory, and then on both; still didn't work...I copied the entire dload folder with the UPDATE.APP inside it, tried even the method of updating from storage...I am starting to suspect my micro SD memory card: it's only 1gb, can it be related to this?

Update: Is it normal that my IMEI is not 0 after running 2-imei-hack? It is just different than the previous but not 0... I never manage to make it 0, not even in CDMA tool...

Edited by vibracopilu

Guest jsevi83

Yes there is...and I tried to put it first on sd card, then on internal memory, and then on both; still didn't work...I copied the entire dload folder with the UPDATE.APP inside it, tried even the method of updating from storage...I am starting to suspect my micro SD memory card: it's only 1gb, can it be related to this?

Update: Is it normal that my IMEI is not 0 after running 2-imei-hack? It is just different than the previous but not 0... I never manage to make it 0, not even in CDMA tool...

Yes, it's normal that it is not 0, it will be 0 after installing an update.app. Did you try formatting your sdcard before copying the dload folder in it? Maybe it helps.

Guest vibracopilu

Ok, I will try now

EDIT: Doesn't work,; pink screen...I think I just might throw this mobile phone against the walls, it would make me feel very good for the moment (even if after, maybe not)

Edited by vibracopilu

Guest vibracopilu

OMFG IT FINALLY WORKED!!!! I removed the micro SD from the mobile phone, connected the phone to the pc, formated the internal storage then put the dload folder in the internal memory and then turned off the phone to do the Vol+- update!!! So it works without the micro SD! This must be pinned somewhere for people having the same issue!

jsevi83, can you please, when you are updating scripts, put something like version 1, version 2 or similar, to know if I have old realese...?

P.S. Sorry for tarzan english...

Guest jsevi83

jsevi83, can you please, when you are updating scripts, put something like version 1, version 2 or similar, to know if I have old realese...?

P.S. Sorry for tarzan english...

Sorry, i know i should've done that, but i thought every version would be the last one. Lets consider this one v1, if i update it again it will be v2.

And sorry for my tarzan english too. ;)

Just to clarify (if I'm not being too dumb! :blush:) so using this you can start with any ROM (stock or custom) and baseband version and go to any GB or ICS stock update.app version (and associated baseband) obviating the need for, say, the Huawei official ICS to GB two step downgrade of the 5irom zeroize IMEI approach etc.? If sounds good! :)

Did anyone answer this? I would also like to know.