[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English - NOTE: update 67-69 added

Features:
http://translate.goo...idu.com/feature

Changes:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://bbs.rom.baidu.com/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D54725%26extra%3Dpage%253D1%2526filter%253Dauthor%2526orderby%253Ddateline%2526orderby%253Ddateline&usg=ALkJrhj6Mob8nloLkZhY2qwxFnhQuO10XQ

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.rom.baidu.com%2Fthread-145531-1-1.html&edit-text=

- reverted to the old audio sounds, instead of the new chinese ones
- fixed the 3G data for some 128KB "funny sim" card types
- no more of that misleading "random offset" message
- added busybox and init.d scripts support
- changed the default settings to english
- renamed the device back to U8815 for play store
- using google network location (thanks to bruno)
- removed chinese characters from contacts and dialer (thanks to narkoman88)
- google services are already included, but no individual apps (get them from play store)
- added Huawei DLNA, TouchPal Input, Flash Player, Baidu Browser (english) and Play Store (latest) as user apps (can be uninstalled)

Required: baseband version 2030, and TWRP - do not use CWM versions newer than 6.0.4.0 (R3)

Instructions (if your old rom is also baidu, then just wipe cache and dalvik - if not, wipe everything):
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Mounts and storage: format /cust
- Mounts and storage: format /data
- Advanced: Wipe dalvik cache
- Install zip: Choose zip from external sdcard -> BaiduCloudROMbetaV49.zip
- Install zip: Choose zip from external sdcard -> BaiduCloudROMbetaV49Update67-69.zip
- Install zip: Choose zip from external sdcard -> GpsFix.zip
- Reboot system now
(if you get a prompt, then select "no" - it will not flash custom recovery, but install init.d scripts support)

menu button -> home settings -> bulletin off (desktop news)
settings -> security -> screen lock -> anything other than the hot word search
settings -> about phone -> privacy settings -> CEIP off

Not working - nothing at all, other than some leftover options in the settings for the removed chinese apps and baidu services (there are no chinese characters left, and google services are used instead).

Link: http://goo.gl/8YaOT

Addons:
- V6SuperCharger scripts by zeppelinrox (my repack): same link as the rom
- Internal SD card as the default storage (by me): same link as the rom
- Revert to the default kernel (by me): same link as the rom
- Old style Dialer, Contacts and Messages (by me): same link as the rom
- Custom kernel with overclock (by bruno - everything works in this one): http://www.4shared.c...4_kernel_1.html
- HSPA:11 modem drivers (by jsevi83 - read the whole thread first): http://www.modaco.co...a11-in-any-rom/

Edited by pOcHa

Guest smweb

thanks pOcHa, was awaiting this, reputation added!

Edit: Can't find the download link in this thread :o

Can you please put the link here

Edit 2: Thanks pOcHa for adding the links!

Edit 3: yaqh: If time permits and I can play with the ROM today, then would post my comments tomorrow (or later)

Edited by smweb

thanks pOcHa, was awaiting this

I wouldnt mind testing this as i quite liked the v20 version, could you post your comments on this once you have tried it, I am currently on stock+

Guest pOcHa

@dakok: file manager is present, so just install your own

@smweb: was uploading till now (btw, don't care about the rep, this repack was for me)

@yaqh: haven't been through all the options yet (there are more than in all other roms combined), and a performance comment from me will not be objective...

Installed, Initial reaction:

UI - more polished

Stock apps: more responsive and polished

No FC so far.

thanks for the feedback, is there much difference and is there any Chinese stuff remaining?

Guest pOcHa

not a single chinese character left (even on the default lockscreen - which can be disabled now)... i skipped the v21 and v22 versions, but everything is much nicer looking even on the default theme, and in the changelog there are even exact percentages for how much is anything faster than before - and it very noticeably is

not a single chinese character left (even on the default lockscreen - which can be disabled now)... i skipped the v21 and v22 versions, but everything is much nicer looking even on the default theme, and in the changelog there are even exact percentages for how much is anything faster than before - and it very noticeably is

do i need to install all three zips?

U8818_BAIDU23.zip

BaiduUpdate.zip

GMS-C8812_U8818_U8860-signed-20130108.zip

Guest pOcHa

pOcHa, do you have any news about Baidu`s support for U8818?

I didn`t expect to see this release on official download page???

i already posted about that here:

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2094708

it seems that atx team are those independent developers - and someone would argue that they even did a better job of it, by including the custom performance scripts, that would otherwise simply be unacceptable in any official rom

do i need to install all three zips?

U8818_BAIDU23.zip

BaiduUpdate.zip

GMS-C8812_U8818_U8860-signed-20130108.zip

only the first two, the third are gapps (needed for network location - but any other gapps for ics would do)

and i just reuploaded the first file, so that it doesn't need the second one anymore

Edited by pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

i myself prefer that keyboard as i got used to on win mobile to gesture up on letters for upper case, gesture down for a number or a symbol, gesture right for space, and gesture left for backspace - that was pretty much the norm there, and on android this is the only keyboard with those features, all others felt like a big downgrade without it

anyway, just disable the typing speed measuring feature, and anything else you are not using (it has a ton of options, swipe support too), and it should feel much faster - or just use any other instead of it

and yes, the notification toggles are less useful then in the previous version (particularly in landscape), and that new custom tab in the settings also - but otherwise everything else is pretty much spot on

Guest smweb

@yaqh: are you referring to the pull-down options or the android settings panel?

Status Bar switch will only display 4 items there (which kind of feels more uncluttered to me).

Settings panel has two tabs - common and all.

For me, Swype serves well for typing.

And apart from the Baidu search bar or instruction screens, I did not find Chinese characters elsewhere. The only difference I have found so far is the amount of free memory. v20, which I was using previously using, had more free memory.

Edited by smweb

Guest GOlteanu

The only difference I have found so far is the amount of free memory. v20, which I was using previously using, had more free memory.

But all that aside, how does it behave, cause I'm seriously thinking of flashing this one, and want to know, comparing this one and the version that dakok first put (I think that it was the v20?!?!) how it behaves...

I personally think the old one was better, overall experience is nice, certainly a new experience from the norm, It's not as quick as stock+ which is way i have gone back to that. It would be nice to integrate this and stock together, what way to will have the speed of stock but with badui experience, there's some nice feature here but certain area it lacks.

Guest uxxmall

Flashed this ROM yesterday. This is the first custom ROM I try. No problems so far only good things, coming from GB this ROM is awesome. It uses about 50% memory on default.

Guest TangerineTractor

I actually quite like it, but I don't like the network traffic notification constantly in the notification list... it really irritates me. If there was a way to remove this, I might give it a run...

Guest pOcHa

Pitty that Cyda, Tillaz or Kyan didn`t try to take baidu rom into their miracle workshop. :(

It really diserves it.

well, the only thing that makes those roms better than stock is really just the custom kernel...

so you could try the new Ouch custom kernel, it seams to have fixed many things from paul milbank's, maybe now data will work on baidu with it?

I actually quite like it, but I don't like the network traffic notification constantly in the notification list... it really irritates me. If there was a way to remove this, I might give it a run...

nope, it stays there even if you remove the traffic monitor app itself

Guest TangerineTractor

well, the only thing that makes those roms better than stock is really just the custom kernel...

so you could try the new Ouch custom kernel, it seams to have fixed many things from paul milbank's, maybe now data will work on baidu with it?

Data working for me, needed battery pull after first boot.

Guest pOcHa

are you using the latest Ouch v1.3 version? if so - then great!

could you possibly be bothered try me infiltrator with it, as that is the only game on baidu that lagged when there are many enemies at once (test it with the first firefight on the second level) - although shadowgun and deadspace both run great