There are no official EMUI roms for G300 but, luckily, some chinese developers used the one from the similar phone - C8812 and transplanted it to our G300.
Firmware is a fresh one, C92B949 from official update.app v.B002
I have to admit that it is not feature rich as Baidu is, but it is very smooth and a fast rom.
It has Paul`s OC kernel and some other moddings (streamlined, V6...)
It has No Lock option in lockscreen.
Everything works fine. Multilanguage.
I deleted about ten chinese based apps and made wake by volume buttons.
I don`t know if you saw the newest huawei keyboard, but this one is a pleasant surprise.
- You have to have ICS (baseband 2030), rooted, unlocked bootloader and a recovery (cwm, maybe twrp)
- Download zip file (rom), gapps for ICS, and transfer that to SDcard
- Turn on debugging on your phone, turn off fast boot, turn off phone (some folks remove battery now:))
- Press vol. up and power button together for 10 seconds.
- You are in CWM now (probably)
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Mounts: Format System, Cache, Cust, Data
- Advanced: Wipe Dalvik cache, battery stats if you have them, Reboot recovery
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip)
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> gapps for ICS (zip)
- Reboot to system
Leave your phone now for 5 minutes, let it take a breath.
Go to Developer options in settings and switch off animations.
Huawei toggles from Cyda
(remove CM toggles and restore Huawei toggles - warning: this addon will factory reset the phone and wipe all data):
CM style power toggles from Tillaz - flash in recovery without wipes
(rom should have it`s own toggles but they don`t show to me - dunno why - help needed)
If you don`t want vol. buttons wake, just use root explorer to find system/usr/keylayout/7x27a_kp.kl
file and long press and select edit option. Find the lines with numbers 114 and 115 and replace word POWER with
WAKE_DROPPED. Save and reboot.
Root is not perfect. If it trows an error on root request, go to Permission Manager and mark the app.
Afterwards, it plays nice.
Tillaz (CM-style power toggles)
Cyda (HW-style toggles)
Don`t ask for improvements and other stuff. I`m not a dev, I`m just
finding some interesting roms and presenting them here on modaco
Edited by dakok, 10 May 2013 - 08:34 PM.