Unlock your bootloader

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

The G510 has (by default) a locked bootloader.

you can check your device by putting it into fastboot mode (remove the battery, reinstall it, and then hold down Volume Up and Power for a couple of seconds) and then using the 'fastboot oem get-bootinfo' command:

post-764508-0-30814500-1366232088_thumb.

To unlock your bootloader you need to need to request an unlock password from Huawei, via this url:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/servicePolicy.do?method=toApplyUnlock

Once you get your unlock password, follow the instructions from Huawei to unlock:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/servicePolicy.do?method=getUnlockStep

Guest KenBW2

Wow, nice to see Huawei actively support unlocking the bootloader, at our own risks of course.

You stated in the other thread that it's Windows-only. I can't help noticing you're using OSX, and assumedly this extends to Linux. Confirmation either way?

Edit: also, the G510 isn't in that there list of phones, does any of them work?

Edited by KenBW2

Guest Sebastian404

You stated in the other thread that it's Windows-only. I can't help noticing you're using OSX, and assumedly this extends to Linux. Confirmation either way?

There is a program on the Spanish forum that apparently you can use that will generate the code for you, but it's Windows only.. I've not linked it since I cant confirm what it does.. I was kinda hoping someone else would look into that.

If you can get the unlock code (from whatever source) fastboot will work on any (supported) OS

Guest Sebastian404

Oh so the actual unlocking can be done anywhere? Just need to get the unlock code from the Windows program? If so I'll just fire up a VM

yeah, once you have the code it's just a 'fastboot oem unlock <code>'

I guess I could run up a copy of windows in VM, but last time I tried that in the office I got people laughing at me.

Guest KenBW2

yeah, once you have the code it's just a 'fastboot oem unlock <code>'

I guess I could run up a copy of windows in VM, but last time I tried that in the office I got people laughing at me.

Meh, using Windows doesn't have to be a cardinal sin, it's good to use it every so often, otherwise you end up like the people I work with where all their criticisms haven't been true since the XP days. Good to keep up with the alternatives, even if it's not your OS of choice. So screw your colleagues :P

Guest dam ZTE

Hi, i´m user of spanish forum HTCmania, and for now isn´t posible to get the bootloader unlock code by other way that official support of Huawei. Best regards.

Guest Sebastian404

Hi, i´m user of spanish forum HTCmania, and for now isn´t posible to get the bootloader unlock code by other way that official support of Huawei. Best regards.

My spanish is terrible, but what does the 'Unlock Huawei Device GUI' program do?

Guest dam ZTE

Ok, now!, it´s just a GUI for Fastboot, you don´t need to type nothing in cmd.exe.

Someone said that maybe the unlock code has a direct relationship with the IMEI, but nobody is working on that.

Edited by dam ZTE

Guest Sebastian404

Ok, now!, it´s just a GUI for Fastboot, you don´t need to type nothing in cmd.exe.

Someone said that maybe the unlock code has a direct relationship with the IMEI, but nobody is working on that.

Ah, thanks I did wonder, but yeah I tried it now and I see its just a Fancy wrapper around adb/fastboot :)

Guest KenBW2

Ah, thanks I did wonder, but yeah I tried it now and I see its just a Fancy wrapper around adb/fastboot :)

So no need for the Windows program?

Guest jimwormold

Any idea how long the request takes? I put mine in a couple of days ago, but haven't heard anything, and it's hotting up in here!

Guest hecatae

I'm having difficulty with this part, I don't see G510 in the list of models. Can we just choose anything from the list?

U8950 would do it I think

Guest Sebastian404

I'm having difficulty with this part, I don't see G510 in the list of models. Can we just choose anything from the list?

I picked 'HUAWEI U8950-51'

Guest jimwormold

I picked 'HUAWEI U8950-51'

I'm pretty sure I did too, last Thursday. Has anyone had any success with this yet?

I noticed that there is a chinese version of the webpage which has the U8951-0010, but it doesn't allow me to submit so I presume something doesn't match with this model and the IMEI, SN and product number of my phone

http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/servicePolicy.do?method=preUnlock

Guest dam ZTE

After you send the info in the cuestionary, usually the send to you an answer that you send the incorrect model, just reply this mail with corrects model, imei, etc.. and wait. Some people get it in a few hours, others waits for days.

Edited by dam ZTE

Guest xondrax

I tried this site to fill unlock request http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock ´cos there is G510 in mobiles list.but it ended with error message in chinese,so send mail straight to huawei with all needed informations(model id,imei etc.)

The Spainish users unlock their bootloaders with U8950-51 option?!?

Edit 26.4. I have got a response for my mail

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

We has retailed your needs to our correlative department.

And there will have expert to help you with your needs in three working days.

Please wait a period of time.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

Edited by xondrax

Guest Andymac1969

Same problem here, 3 requests sent since Monday, just tried that link in your post G510-0010 is listed but it will not send, it just errors :angry2:

post-407498-0-29863800-1366913932_thumb.

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest Sebastian404

I requested mine last Friday, not heard anything back yet

Im going to be seeing some guys who work for Huawei next week I might ask them what's going on.. see if they have a contact I can bother