Ascend G510 accessories

Guest Andymac1969

Guest Andymac1969

Had the usual trawl through Ebay and Amazon, most of the items are in China as you would suspect with huge delivery times, but managed to order some bits from an Ebay seller in Spain.

I have bought a TPU case, I have one on my Huawei G300 and it has kept it as new since I put it on it, and also some screen protectors, as even though it has Gorilla Glass I like to keep them scratch free and clean, if anyone is interested the item info is on the links below

Regards

Andrew

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

Guest rosco-85

Had the usual trawl through Ebay and Amazon, most of the items are in China as you would suspect with huge delivery times, but managed to order some bits from an Ebay seller in Spain.

I have bought a TPU case, I have one on my Huawei G300 and it has kept it as new since I put it on it, and also some screen protectors, as even though it has Gorilla Glass I like to keep them scratch free and clean, if anyone is interested the item info is on the links below

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andy,

How long did delivery take from Spain for the Gel case? Were you please with the quality?

I've just ordered my G510 from Vodafone today.

Edited by rosco-85

Guest Andymac1969

Hi Andy,

How long did delivery take from Spain for the Gel case? Were you please with the quality?

I've just ordered my G510 from Vodafone today.

I ordered it on Sunday, I have had an email saying it has been dispatched, and to expect it in 3-5 days (the email arrived on Monday) as soon as I get it, I will take some pics and let you know what it's like on here, it looked OK and the gel case I have on the G300 has kept it in mint condition so hopefully this one will do the same for the G510

Andrew

Guest rosco-85

I ordered it on Sunday, I have had an email saying it has been dispatched, and to expect it in 3-5 days (the email arrived on Monday) as soon as I get it, I will take some pics and let you know what it's like on here, it looked OK and the gel case I have on the G300 has kept it in mint condition so hopefully this one will do the same for the G510

Andrew

Thanks for the quick response. I took a chance and ordered one anyway. Figured it's only £4 so can't really go wrong. I noticed on the Huawei website they've now got a 'General Version' of the Firmware. That kind of sealed the deal for me with getting the G510, plus the unlock code is less than £4 also.

Guest Andymac1969

Thanks for the quick response. I took a chance and ordered one anyway. Figured it's only £4 so can't really go wrong. I noticed on the Huawei website they've now got a 'General Version' of the Firmware. That kind of sealed the deal for me with getting the G510, plus the unlock code is less than £4 also.

That is a very dodgy badge you have there on your avatar :P

Guest Voxpop2011

Thanks to Andymac for the steer towards the Spanish ebay site. I have bought a leather bookcase wallet, which I had seen on Amazon and other sites with shipping from China. Pleased I was able to get it 'locally', so to spek. :D

Guest Andymac1969

Thanks to Andymac for the steer towards the Spanish ebay site. I have bought a leather bookcase wallet, which I had seen on Amazon and other sites with shipping from China. Pleased I was able to get it 'locally', so to spek. :D

Cannot wait for mine to arrive, as I hate having a phone with no case on, I don't like damaging them, hopefully it will turn up soon :)

Guest KenBW2

Cannot wait for mine to arrive, as I hate having a phone with no case on, I don't like damaging them, hopefully it will turn up soon :)

One of the benefits of getting a budget phone is that I don't have to wrap it up in cotton wool. I hate the idea of having a really nice phone (such as a Nexus 4) but never getting to use it as-is as I'd have to have a crappy case round it.

Screen protectors on the other hand are mandatory. Still waiting for mine to arrive from Germany

Guest Andymac1969

One of the benefits of getting a budget phone is that I don't have to wrap it up in cotton wool. I hate the idea of having a really nice phone (such as a Nexus 4) but never getting to use it as-is as I'd have to have a crappy case round it.

Screen protectors on the other hand are mandatory. Still waiting for mine to arrive from Germany

I got rid of my Galaxy S2 for the same reason, cost me £450 when it came out, and was then to scared to use it properly, hence my new found love of budget phones

Guest KenBW2

I got rid of my Galaxy S2 for the same reason, cost me £450 when it came out, and was then to scared to use it properly, hence my new found love of budget phones

I mentioned in another thread, I briefly owned a Nexus 4, but when it arrived it was *too* nice, I loved that I was able to throw my Blade around and not care :P Luckily I sold the N4 to CEX for £50 profit, since it was just after they were really scarce :D

Trouble was, experiencing a Nexus 4, then going back to the Blade was painful. Once we get zRAM and/or swap on our G510s I'll be happy with the speed of my new budget, but performant phone :)

Guest Voxpop2011

For me a case is essential and it does not matter whether it's for a cheap(ish) Android or a high end device. Keeping the phone looking good also helps towards the resale value.

I hope I don't have to wait too long for delivery of my order from Spain.

Guest KenBW2

For me a case is essential and it does not matter whether it's for a cheap(ish) Android or a high end device. Keeping the phone looking good also helps towards the resale value.

I hope I don't have to wait too long for delivery of my order from Spain.

This is another thing I love about having a budget device: it's mine to do as I please with, without having to consider resale value (since one I'm done with it it won't have any!)

Guest KenBW2

Anyone had any accessories turn up yet? Still nowt here :(

I'm still waiting for my screen protectors from Germany, ordered on the 19th April

Guest Andymac1969

No sign of mine yet... Dispatched on Wednesday last week.

Mine was dispatched on Monday lol, long way Spain by plane, at least 2 hours :P

Guest Voxpop2011

I had an email yesterday from the seller on the Spanish ebay site. I had to put it through google translate to learn that it will be shipped soon and may take up to seven days to arrive. As Diehard pointed out, it's only two hours flying time from Spain. It took me longer last December to get back to London from Birmingham on a London Midland train. A complete farce.

Guest Voxpop2011

My case came today. :D As I suspected from the picture, it does not any clasp to keep the front flap closed but I can sort that.

Guest Andymac1969

My case came today. :D As I suspected from the picture, it does not any clasp to keep the front flap closed but I can sort that.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o still waiting for mine, and I ordered it three days before you :( :( :( :( :( :(

Guest Voxpop2011

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear this. I must admit there was a big smile on my face when I got home this afternoon and saw a small, brown package on the hall stand.

Do you think it's too soon to follow with the seller?

Guest KenBW2

I must admit there was a big smile on my face when I got home this afternoon and saw a small, brown package on the hall stand

I need to grow up