where did i go wrong, pls help

Guest nzmnisam

Guest nzmnisam

I tryed to prot this rom http://www.modaco.co...d-422-20032013/ and it turned out like this:

https://docs.google....t?usp=sharing�� .

Pls someone with more expirience than me check it out and tell me where i went wrong, cause it wont flash lol. This is my first port try :) and i realy wish to learn how to port :) so please direct me in the right way and tell me where i went wrong :) This is the guide i used : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1908008 .

Edited by nzmnisam

Guest nzmnisam

Just wait, I will most likely make a build of it soon.

Ok,ty but please if u can and have time and can u teach me to port, cause i dont think its a big deal, and i realy want to learn, so pls tell me where was i wrong. :)

Guest gbosh

Well I don't really do ports, I download the source and the device config from github and slightly make some slight changes to make them work together to put it in easy words, If you want me to tell you how to do that you'll have to wait a little bit

Edited by gbosh

Guest nzmnisam

Well I don't really do ports, I download the source and the device config from github and slightly make some slight changes to make them work together to put it in easy words, If you want me to tell you how to do that you'll have to wait a little bit

i used the guide that i gave the link abowe

Guest dimi89

It whould be great if someone could re-build CM7 od MIUI 2.3.7 for our phone since 4.x ROM ,to be honest, arent ment to be on our phones...

Guest nzmnisam

It whould be great if someone could re-build CM7 od MIUI 2.3.7 for our phone since 4.x ROM ,to be honest, arent ment to be on our phones...

Well, cm9 runs smooth, also as slimbean, and other simple 4.x roms, but on 2.3.5 everything works (both cameras and flash) and on cm7 wich is 2.3.7 it doesnt, same as 4.x roms. So if i would choose (for example) betwen cm7 and SlimBean i would sertanly choose SlimBean ;)

Guest dimi89

CM7 is more stable and 95% things work perfect ...On 44.x ROMs that isnt case ...SlimBeam is great rom maybe best 4.x rom for our phone but still - no camera flash-bluetooth...So i suggest developers should make 1 perfect rom for our phone...CM7 or FLB rom is great start...But that is just my opinion.

Guest nzmnisam

CM7 is more stable and 95% things work perfect ...On 44.x ROMs that isnt case ...SlimBeam is great rom maybe best 4.x rom for our phone but still - no camera flash-bluetooth...So i suggest developers should make 1 perfect rom for our phone...CM7 or FLB rom is great start...But that is just my opinion.

I respect ur opinion, but it would also be nice if some devs port more 2.3.5 roms from skate like H3blues or AtomicMod

Guest gbosh

The thing is that a lot 'devs' like me (I wouldn't consider myselft to be one but you probably do) like to use the bleeding edge and have some fun with the device find bugs and improve the ROM.

There is some stuff not working in 4.x but in stability they,or at least cm are sock solid

Guest dimi89

@gbosh and yes we consider u to be dev (at least i do since i tryed SlimBean) and i understand why devs avoid 2.3.x roms but still whould be nice to pack one with all goodies and make it good.... For example use FLB or CM9 and add some new goodies inside and that is it... And yes i whould prefer CM7 since battery life and some other things are better but FLB rom is awesome too.

I dont use daily SlimBean because maybe the moust iritating thing is when i go outside on sunny day i cant see anything and i dont have that problem on FLB rom...

Guest dodgetimmy

I have tested ports of Swedish snow, h3 blues, atomic mod and mui on here. None of them boot.

Try just using fish n chips with the jb inspirat theme. Otherwise there's a couple of other gb roms too!

Btw I think the light sensor problem you have may be because you have it set at a manual brightness instead of auto. If it's on auto, try using the app: velis auto brightness. I use it even when the Rom does switch automatically correctly, just because I find it works better, plus I can set my own values.

Why am I stuck on gb? Only because front camera doesn't work on ics or jb. Most of the problem is because zte didn't release the libs for the crescent, so all the internals have been copied from the blade 1(no front camera). Thanks to daz on here for all that work!!

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest nzmnisam

I have tested ports of Swedish snow, h3 blues, atomic mod and mui on here. None of them boot.

Try just using fish n chips with the jb inspirat theme. Otherwise there's a couple of other gb roms too!

Btw I think the light sensor problem you have may be because you have it set at a manual brightness instead of auto. If it's on auto, try using the app: velis auto brightness. I use it even when the Rom does switch automatically correctly, just because I find it works better, plus I can set my own values.

Why am I stuck on gb? Only because front camera doesn't work on ics or jb. Most of the problem is because zte didn't release the libs for the crescent, so all the internals have been copied from the blade 1(no front camera). Thanks to daz on here for all that work!!

Guy who ported them didnt ported them corectly, so if somone with more xperiance port them it would me awesome.

;)

Guest dimi89

No,i alwayse set brightness to auto and in SlimBean Rom u have brightness tweaks just i dont know how to use them and i dont want to badword up something.

Guest dodgetimmy

I think you're expecting the impossible guys, there's not much development on this phone anymore and not much interest, I think most people have moved on.

You can't easily get something working well that also looks good/offers a lot of features, namely because zte didn't release the libs for the phone.

Guest nzmnisam

I think you're expecting the impossible guys, there's not much development on this phone anymore and not much interest, I think most people have moved on.

You can't easily get something working well that also looks good/offers a lot of features, namely because zte didn't release the libs for the phone.

U are probably right, cause almost everyone moved from armv6 when there are much more better phones :(