1296 replies to this topic

stephen m

stephen m

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Nexus 7 & Xolo x900

Its your choice, but in my opinion, 270 looks best.

Can you upload a photo of this!

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
240 and 270 side by side, first screen of each pair is 240

Attached Files

Edited by jikobutsu, 18 November 2012 - 04:52 PM.

stephen m

stephen m

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

240 and 270 side by side, first screen of each pair is 240

Thanks jikobutsu. Nice explanation here http://www.androidta...-explained.html for those want to know what LCD Density is.

stephen m

stephen m

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Guys. Some help with this please. Thought I'd change the density to 270. Connected via AIO San Diego Tools and getting this 'unable /chmod/system/default.prop'. Density still at 270??

ashutosh00074

ashutosh00074

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:android, ios , custom firmware for symbian phone
  • Devices:xolo x900
  • Twitter:@ashutosh00074
Can we use pen drive or something like that (hard drive ) with female usb. I have tried and keyboard and mouse are working fine but flash drive are not showing then I use usb host controller which shows that flash drive are connected but unable to mount.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

Can we use pen drive or something like that (hard drive ) with female usb. I have tried and keyboard and mouse are working fine but flash drive are not showing then I use usb host controller which shows that flash drive are connected but unable to mount.

Already covered on another thread, the answer was no I believe.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

VanCrack

VanCrack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:OSF/ZTE Blade
I'm gonna have to give up on this now, the download instructions for the new tool are proving unhelpful. At least I got rooted and for that I'm very grateful.

stephen m

stephen m

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Guys. Some help with this please. Thought I'd change the density to 270. Connected via AIO San Diego Tools and getting this 'unable /chmod/system/default.prop'. Density still at 270??

Thought I'd install one of the themes, but same error message 'unable /chmod/system/default.prop'. Why??

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982
stephen m why because you must of selected the wrong option we have tested this tool for 4 for days and we found no bugs so it must be user error

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

stephen m

stephen m

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

stephen m why because you must of selected the wrong option we have tested this tool for 4 for days and we found no bugs so it must be user error

I agree, as I used it effectively quite soon after release that's what puzzles me. Ok, I'll re-download and re-try. Thanks though.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

I agree, as I used it effectively quite soon after release that's what puzzles me. Ok, I'll re-download and re-try. Thanks though.

You've checked the usual? USB debugging on, ADB(both boxes checked)? Deodexed?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982
any one that has unlocked there osd could you pm me how Meny digits there is in the unlock code with there used unlock code

thanks

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

any one that has unlocked there osd could you pm me how Meny digits there is in the unlock code with there used unlock code

thanks

As soon as it comes through.

stephen m

stephen m

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

You've checked the usual? USB debugging on, ADB(both boxes checked)? Deodexed?

Yeah. Strange thing is it only gave the error message when trying to install a theme and LCD Density. Every other option was ok?

Edited by stephen m, 20 November 2012 - 08:32 PM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Yeah. Strange thing is it only gave the error message when trying to install a theme and LCD Density. Ever other option was ok?

I've not tried a theme or LCD density mod myself yet.

ferrari35

ferrari35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yeah. Strange thing is it only gave the error message when trying to install a theme and LCD Density. Every other option was ok?

I only rooted my phone but I downloaded everything check the main directory for the tool what I found in mine was the the themes had made folders in there but the zips did not install in those folders(the theme zips stayed in the main directroy) if you unzip the theme zips in the right folder it should work.

Edited by ferrari35, 21 November 2012 - 04:14 AM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

I only rooted my phone but I downloaded everything check the main directory for the tool what I found in mine was the the themes had made folders in there but the zips did not install in those folders(the theme zips stayed in the main directroy) if you unzip the theme zips in the right folder it should work.

Looking at the SanDiego.bat file :-

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\themes\red\system /system/

so the themes are installed in the correct directory. They certainly are in mine and I've merely downloaded using setup without actually using any of them.

@stephen m, you did use setup to download ALL the mods didn't you?

technomole

technomole

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Slightly off topic (but may affect root I guess) but I turned my phone off and on again last night and noticed that the mobile update software said there's an update available, it's 27mb, any idea what it could be ? don't want to install it and then have to mess about re-rooting and such like, that's if it actually does affect root.

I haven't been able to find anything on the xolo webiste about it, and I'm not sure where to find info about updates for this phone on the orange website.

cheers.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Slightly off topic (but may affect root I guess) but I turned my phone off and on again last night and noticed that the mobile update software said there's an update available, it's 27mb, any idea what it could be ? don't want to install it and then have to mess about re-rooting and such like, that's if it actually does affect root.

I haven't been able to find anything on the xolo webiste about it, and I'm not sure where to find info about updates for this phone on the orange website.

cheers.

http://www.modaco.co...date-available/

They're looking at it at the moment. I would hold off installing it yet. It may block root. It looks as if you can't install unless you're un-rooted and not changed any system files anyway.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
Please do not use the update until it is confirmed it is not to block root.......that is if you want to keep your root, and I am sure you all do :)

I found in mine was the the themes had made folders in there but the zips did not install in those folders(the theme zips stayed in the main directroy) if you unzip the theme zips in the right folder it should work.

The color theme folders in tools directory are from testing stages, the correct folder is C:\SanDiego\tools\themes\

If the themes are not unzipping and staying in tool directory are you using right option in setup 32bit or 64bit ? that is what happens if you use wrong option.

If you use 32bit option on 64bit pc it wont work as the 7zip is not same.

The tool was fully tested before release and works fine, if it does not work it is maybe because your adb is not contected.

If you have adb setup on pc do this before running tool, open cmd and cd to your adb, and type adb devices, if you dont see your device or get a device offline message, power off device and power back on, not reboot.

If you dont have adb setup on pc do this before running tool, open task manager and kill adb server like in screenshot. If that does not work then power off device and power back on and try then, but not reboot, only power off fixes adb (dont ask why, I have no idea)

You should not need to do this, but if having problems this will most likely solve it.

Attached Files

Edited by jikobutsu, 21 November 2012 - 09:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users