1295 replies to this topic

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
i have got there :D :D :D

redoing the setup.exe worked once it had finally fully downloaded, it created the path C:\SanDiego\tools\xolodx

thank you very much everyone for your help especially BlueMoonRising would not have been able to do without your help mate.

Massive thank you to Ricky for making the tool , your all heros ;)

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

this path does not exist C:\SanDiego\tools\xolodx)

only C:\SanDiego\tools

when i select option 5 in the setup.exe XOLO dedeox i have watched it recreate the file into the directory C:\SanDiego\tools naming the file "deodex-xolo.7z" should i create the folder xolodx and move the file into here please?

It should do it itself although I see you're running XP which may be the problem. Use 7zip and unzip them into C:\SanDiego\tools\xolodx then.
You should end up with 2 directories populated with files C:\SanDiego\tools\xolodx\app & C:\SanDiego\tools\xolodx\framework

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Can I remove the update.zip from root now I have finished or is it best left there if I ever needed to recover?

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Can I remove the update.zip from root now I have finished or is it best left there if I ever needed to recover?

Leave it there.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
If I used the swap memory function in the tool would there be any way to revert this?

I assume swapping memory will default install apps direct to microsd instead of the "internal" partition (from what I think I have understood)

steelx

steelx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Intel XOLO X900
  • Twitter:@steelx
great job mate. really appreciate ur work. If it works I wud love to donate something

steelx

steelx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
the root screen keeping running nothing happens even after i click on "Restore data" on my phone.. phone says.. restore started... and then restore end.

But after that nothing happening :/

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

the root screen keeping running nothing happens even after i click on "Restore data" on my phone.. phone says.. restore started... and then restore end.

But after that nothing happening :/

Have you tried manually rebooting your phone? Just shut it down and restart after the restore has given the completed message.

steelx

steelx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Have you tried manually rebooting your phone? Just shut it down and restart after the restore has given the completed message.

Thanks for tip.

I tried what u said, it went ahed. now stuck on this screen

http://i.imgur.com/iSwpy0T.jpg

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982
ok are you using orange, xolo did you upgrade over ota

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

steelx

steelx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

ok are you using orange, xolo did you upgrade over ota

yes XOLO, i did update that 27MB 2 months back. should i roll back ? I think thats the issue. !

Also, Im taking backup with ur AIO right now, will that help me restore my apps when I roll back to ICS update.zip ?

Edited by steelx, 21 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

yes XOLO, i did update that 27MB 2 months back. should i roll back ? I think thats the issue. !

Also, Im taking backup with ur AIO right now, will that help me restore my apps when I roll back to ICS update.zip ?

Ahh, you do need to "downgrade" in order to root. I wouldn't worry about your apps right now, they should be fine anyway. You really do need to read the manual and flick through these posts before using the tool. It'll stop you making the same mistakes as all those before you.

Edited by BlueMoonRising, 21 January 2013 - 03:10 PM.

steelx

steelx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Ahh, you do need to "downgrade" in order to root. I wouldn't worry about your apps right now, they should be fine anyway. You really do need to read the manual and flick through these posts before using the tool. It'll stop you making the same mistakes as all those before you.

ok im reading manual.rar

can u point me the page, in case.

also.

i read the manual.

(q2) why dose the aio to say "remount not permitted"

(a2) did you give adbd unsecure root access and tick both boxes then remove USB then plug back in and wait 1 minute

but thats all i found about my problem. and downgrade option doesnt work.

Edited by steelx, 21 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
adbd won't work if your not rooted your best option is to copy the xolo update.zip 299mb to your root of your sdcard then go to setting about phone » system update » update from usb storage

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

steelx

steelx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

adbd won't work if your not rooted your best option is to copy the xolo update.zip 299mb to your root of your sdcard then go to setting about phone » system update » update from usb storage

thanks, I did that :) im rooted again now.

Edited by steelx, 21 January 2013 - 04:13 PM.

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Hey Ricky. Did you manage to add those kernel changes that allow for USB OTG? I'd really appreciate it if you managed to integrate it into the AIO tool :)

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
new tool coming with new stuff eg

* you can now extract edited and repack your
your adb backups
* cleaned the menu abit more

:)

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator

Hey Ricky. Did you manage to add those kernel changes that allow for USB OTG? I'd really appreciate it if you managed to integrate it into the AIO tool :)

I think iv done it but Im waiting for my otg cable to come but if you wait to try it you have to copy a file to system/etc/init.d with a root explorer

brit07

brit07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
hi guys i cannot for the life of me flash over to orange ics every single time i get asfar as the blue droid with the thing in his tummy then it errors out and aborts leaving me to fixbrick

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Would it be safe to flash the orange logo after rooting , dedoxing , flashing ICS xolo just realised I have a dead pixel and light sensor does not work :'(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users