How good is the G510 without bloatware?

Guest Brianrh

Guest Brianrh

In several reviews of the Ascend G510 the authors commented on how the phone was a bit sluggish at times. I was wondering if you guys who have rooted and removed the bloatware from your phones have noticed any appreciable improvement in this area?

Thanks.

Brian

Guest KenBW2

All the claims of sluggish are frankly wrong, even with the bloatware. As I've stated elsewhere, the phone doesn't lack processing power at all and everything you do is snappy and responsive.

As has been noted a lot, the 512MB RAM is what it is. You're gonna open a few apps and find that the one you opened let's say 4 apps ago has been killed off, and that hasn't especially changed with or without bloatware. I find the phone running at ~150MB of free RAM at any one time. But as you probably know Android does a good job with the whole letting apps persist their state in some way, and the decent CPU means they're restored quickly.

It's fast and responsive with the task at hand, just that apps get killed off quicker than you might like.

Guest andy/newbie

I did find it a bit stutery scrolling around .but installed nova set scrolling to relaxed uninstalled what I could a disabled useless running background prossess and to be honest its fast snappy and no lag what so ever .with a stripped out ROM or cm it would be very very good its got big potential as CPU has enough horse power for android tbh .

Guest KenBW2

I did find it a bit stutery scrolling around .but installed nova set scrolling to relaxed uninstalled what I could a disabled useless running background prossess and to be honest its fast snappy and no lag what so ever .with a stripped out ROM or cm it would be very very good its got big potential as CPU has enough horse power for android tbh .

Here, have some full stops and commas on me (.... ,,,,,). :P

Seriously though, you speak the truth. All the graphical crap makes it seem more juttery than it really is. A custom launcher and it's all nice and quick. CM would be great, when I have some time (ha!) I'm thinking of having a play in this direction. I've never really done anything like that but hey, it's worth starting at least