[ROM][4.4.] MIUI v5 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest msbomberman

Hi there...

I am moderator and translator for MiuiPortugal in the Huawei U8800 area as a phone tester for TMN Portugal. At the moment I am testing both TMN A15 (ZTE Skate Acqua) and TMN A18 (ZTE V970)... The differences between original rom and yours (CM10.2) for Acqua are colossal, it doesn't even seem to be the same phone when it comes to performance... Fluid, fast and responsive, the only con I seem to get is touch sensitivity, sometimes it seems I have to almost scratch the screen so the touch knows I am there.

And now what I wanted to ask... I would like to ask your permission to translate your MIUI V5 for Blade III so the portuguese users from MiuiPortugal can experience for themselves the differences between original firm and enhaced... Credits go to you, of course, wouldn't do things any other way...

P.S. - I am sure if you got some work done with ZTE V970 it would purr louder than a Galaxy S4... Your roms kick ass.

Cheers

Paulo Brito Costa

Guest derossi16

KonstaT, is there any chance you could release your porting tool you wrote about earlier? Last version of Blade III MIUI you released is rock stable for me since I've flashed it, but with the help of your tool, even if you don't have free time, someone else could port on weekly basis from N880E and release it here...Anyway, many thanx for your work and for giving our phone stable, daily driver roms :)

Guest boros2222

As I read there isn't Hungarian language in this rom, and I think there isn't anything else language. Konstat, I know you said, you won't support this rom and we should fix our problem, but I can't modify roms anyway. Please make a last build with languages added. I have a pretty good idea for that. Before ZTE Blade 3, I had Motorola Defy and there is MIUI for really long time. There is a MIUI build (by a Hungarian developer, Wajk) and he implemented many languages already in his rom. My question is, Can you grab those languages and import them to this build?

I would say one thousand thanks, if you do it.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1161110&highlight=miui

Edited by boros2222

Guest boros2222

I flashed it... Unfortunately, the wifi doesn't connect. I tried reboot, turn off-on wifi, but doesn't work. I tap on my wifi, type my password and doesn't connect..

Guest D4NY3L

why have you abandoned this rom. you did not put the multilanguage pack ç_ç and you do not fix little bugs.. whyy ç__ç i then smooth and fast rom.. more of cyanogen rom

Guest KonstaT

Hi there...

I am moderator and translator for MiuiPortugal in the Huawei U8800 area as a phone tester for TMN Portugal. At the moment I am testing both TMN A15 (ZTE Skate Acqua) and TMN A18 (ZTE V970)... The differences between original rom and yours (CM10.2) for Acqua are colossal, it doesn't even seem to be the same phone when it comes to performance... Fluid, fast and responsive, the only con I seem to get is touch sensitivity, sometimes it seems I have to almost scratch the screen so the touch knows I am there.

And now what I wanted to ask... I would like to ask your permission to translate your MIUI V5 for Blade III so the portuguese users from MiuiPortugal can experience for themselves the differences between original firm and enhaced... Credits go to you, of course, wouldn't do things any other way...

P.S. - I am sure if you got some work done with ZTE V970 it would purr louder than a Galaxy S4... Your roms kick ass.

Cheers

Paulo Brito Costa

Sound all good to me. You can do what ever you want just as long you don't do what this fool did.

KonstaT, is there any chance you could release your porting tool you wrote about earlier? Last version of Blade III MIUI you released is rock stable for me since I've flashed it, but with the help of your tool, even if you don't have free time, someone else could port on weekly basis from N880E and release it here...Anyway, many thanx for your work and for giving our phone stable, daily driver roms :)

It's already something that anyone with winzip and a text editor could do if they really wanted to.

As I read there isn't Hungarian language in this rom, and I think there isn't anything else language. Konstat, I know you said, you won't support this rom and we should fix our problem, but I can't modify roms anyway. Please make a last build with languages added. I have a pretty good idea for that. Before ZTE Blade 3, I had Motorola Defy and there is MIUI for really long time. There is a MIUI build (by a Hungarian developer, Wajk) and he implemented many languages already in his rom. My question is, Can you grab those languages and import them to this build?

I would say one thousand thanks, if you do it.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1161110&highlight=miui

hey bro.. i want the italian language pack..pls konstat insert multilanguage in this rom  :o

MIUI is not open source. I haven't built this ROM. I've just ported it from N880E which is very similar device to ours. In practical sense it's impossible to add any language support to any prebuilt ROM (also applies to stock based ROMs such as Aurora Borealis).

In practice it would mean decompiling every single system and framework apk (77 in this case to be exact), finding suitable translations (also decompiling same amount of files for xxx language from here and yyy language from there) and adding them, recompiling every single system app and doing this again and again every week for a new MIUI update. Do you really think that is reasonable thing to ask for me to do, especially since I've never even used this ROM myself?

Guest boros2222

You're fully right. I didn't know, how this works. I wanted to use this rom and I didn't care with English language.. but there is this wifi issue. Wifi can't connect to any wifi hotspot. It starts to connect, then it's not connected. I would be very happy, if you fix this issue.

I did everything how it's written down in instructions and I also tried reflash the rom. It hasn't worked.

Edited by boros2222

Guest KonstaT

You're fully right. I didn't know, how this works. I wanted to use this rom and I didn't care with English language.. but there is this wifi issue. Wifi can't connect to any wifi hotspot. It starts to connect, then it's not connected. I would be very happy, if you fix this issue.

I did everything how it's written down in instructions and I also tried reflash the rom. It hasn't worked.

How am I supposed fix issues that don't exist to begin with? Just to be absolutely sure I installed this ROM myself and I can connect to two individual wifi networks without any problem. So far you've only managed to completely waste half an hour of my time. Why should I even bother trying to help you after that, especially when 'doesn't work' has never been a proper way to report issues anyway?

1) There's something wrong with your network. (Have you tried rebooting your router? Have you tried using different encryption method?) 2) You've broke wifi by restoring system data/wifi passwords using e.g. Titanium Backup or Google account backup. 3) There's something wrong with the hardware on your device. 4) There's something wrong with the user of your device. (How is it always only you that has these random issues with every single ROM?)

Guest boros2222

Well, I tried reboot the router and nothing changed. I thought the rom should be, because wifi works perfect with CMs. I don't know why you think that I am the only one who has problems with roms. Everyone reports many issues. Probably, I see small bugs that others don't and the bugs annoy me, so I change. The best so far is the CM10.1. What system does is not on me, so it's not my fault if I have problems with it. Go back to my issue. Scroll back and you will see, someone else has this wifi issue too..

Edited by boros2222

If you really think there's a problem with the Wi-Fi in this ROM at least give a logcat, if you don't know how, google it. So it could actually be found out where the problem originates.

Guest derossi16

It's already something that anyone with winzip and a text editor could do if they really wanted to.

Ok, KonstaT, I can understand you're frustrated with vast number of morons who don't even bother to read/follow the instructions, and then just say "hey mate, it's not working, can you help me?" or with people who steal/repack without even giving proper credit for your time and effort, but what I can't understand is this kind of arrogant reply to me. I was just being polite asking about something I've never done before (successfully). Basically,it's the same thing as if you were a musician and you say to me : "Hey dude, I like the kick drum in your new song, can you send me .wav sample of it?" and I respond to you with : "It's already something that anyone with a single sinus wave oscillator and a modulated pitch envelope applied to it could do if they really wanted to."  It doesn't mean that I'm lazy and that I haven't already tried to do it - following tutorials, or with the help of tools someone else wrote, it's just that, in the end, ported rom is barely, if at all, usable, cause I've probably made several mistakes along the way not even knowing :)

Peace

Guest KonstaT

Ok, KonstaT, I can understand you're frustrated with vast number of morons who don't even bother to read/follow the instructions, and then just say "hey mate, it's not working, can you help me?" or with people who steal/repack without even giving proper credit for your time and effort, but what I can't understand is this kind of arrogant reply to me. I was just being polite asking about something I've never done before (successfully). Basically,it's the same thing as if you were a musician and you say to me : "Hey dude, I like the kick drum in your new song, can you send me .wav sample of it?" and I respond to you with : "It's already something that anyone with a single sinus wave oscillator and a modulated pitch envelope applied to it could do if they really wanted to."  It doesn't mean that I'm lazy and that I haven't already tried to do it - following tutorials, or with the help of tools someone else wrote, it's just that, in the end, ported rom is barely, if at all, usable, cause I've probably made several mistakes along the way not even knowing :)

Peace

I'm sorry but your analogy is terrible. I've already given you the .wav sample (ROM .zip). Now you're asking if you can come by my studio and walk out with my Akai MPC2000. :P

You're wrong if you're expecting some windows one-click solution. I wrote a linux shell script that does nothing but what already mentioned (unzip, copy/remove few files, sed few lines of text, zip), nothing too special really. So far it has also needed some maintenance for every time I've used it since MIUI releases are not very consistent (even starting with the name of the ROM package itself). I wrote that tool to make porting easier for me, it still doesn't mean it's going to make it any easier for anyone else. What's next? If I release it, I get sh*t for writing a bad script because it doesn't necessarily work with next weeks MIUI? Do I have to provide support and updates for anyone who wants to use my porting tool (like there wasn't already enough stuff people expect me to support and maintain)?

I've never said I wouldn't help if someone wanted to do it can explain specific problems in a technical manner. How about start with diffing 3.8.9 N880E ROM to the 3.8.9 Blade III port I've released and see what's really changed. It's already stated in the first post that I've used Blade III proprietary files (all of them). There isn't too many files changed besides those (and most of them are obvious). Few lines of text is changed in build.prop and updater-script, diff those too.

Guest KonstaT

screwed FM stations running search and auto search but no sound (how to fix?

Huh, what? FM radio is not even supposed to work and there isn't even a FM app included in the ROM. FM support needs to built into Android framework and since MIUI is not open source, this will never happen.

Of course, you help everyone who asks your help, however you couldn't check my log to probably find solution for my wifi issue.. Thanks.

Lol, yeah because I don't fix something that I (and probably anyone else) can't even reproduce on something that I don't use (and ever even plan to use) in 48 hours! You clearly don't get any of this sh*t. I don't work for you - try to get that into your thick scull! You can either fix things yourself (like it's said in the first post since the day one) or use something that works on your device (I'd highly recommend sticking with stock ROM for you).

Saddest part about this community is that you get +1's for your trolling/harassing/pestering posts (yes, I've read every single one of your 54 posts and you've done nothing else), but when I release something that actually has things fixed that people have been bitching and whining about, I don't get a single thank you or a +1!

I'll find other ways to continue my hobby but I'm done with internet message boards. I'm out.

Saddest part about this community is that you get +1's for your trolling/harassing/pestering posts (yes, I've read every single one of your 54 posts and you've done nothing else), but when I release something that actually has things fixed that people have been bitching and whining about, I don't get a single thank you or a +1!

I'll find other ways to continue my hobby but I'm done with internet message boards. I'm out.

Please dont give up this, because of some assholes. There are so many people, who appreciate your work, and grateful for your updates/fixes, even if you say you have made it for yourself.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I'm sorry but your analogy is terrible. I've already given you the .wav sample (ROM .zip). Now you're asking if you can come by my studio and walk out with my Akai MPC2000. :P

*riotous laughter* :lol:

Make it stop! My sides are aching!

Okay. That did it. I've just installed this, and the WiFi works, sans compatibility patch. So my advice for you Boros, is not to reboot your router, but reset it. That is of course, if it doesn't work with any other installed ROMs. I'm sure you've tried? I wouldn't have thought WiFi was a ROM related problem unless its an ongoing thing. Try what KonstaT suggested, and try another encryption method (even try open for a while and see if it works and if so, then change it back). But leaning on him like this 24/7 without digging a bit yourself is piling on too much pressure for a ROM he doesn't use (nor want to I guess).

Guest boros2222

I will try, but rom must be, because it works perfect with CMs.

For Konstat: I also appreciate your work, really. But if there's an issue and you can't reproduce, that means for you it doesn't exist. I'm not trolling or anything.. You look every people who asks any help like a dumb.. I won't ask your help anymore, because you always mess with me. You see, I understood, you can't reproduce any wifi issue, probably that's why I attached a fuc*ing log?

Edited by boros2222