How do i downgrade my phone

Guest oJOK3Rx

Guest i am not a hacker

Use the AIO Tool and apply the Orange ROM. Or you could download the Orange ROM.zip and apply an update.zip through the settings of the phone.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Use the AIO Tool and apply the Orange ROM. Or you could download the Orange ROM.zip and apply an update.zip through the settings of the phone.

No, no, no, no. If he does that he'll brick it. He needs to install the Orange logo, then install the Orange ICS update.zip via the AIO tool.

Guest BlueMoonRising

The Orange zip is a patch upgrade not the full rom as the Xolo one is. That's why the fixbrick option installs the Xolo rom.

In order to go to Orange or Xolo from the other you have to have the required logo up first, something to do with the signing check I guess.

Guest guyh1

Sort of relevant to this topic and I didn't want to start a new thread - how would I go about deleting the /system folder so as to get a completely clean install? This is following on from my posts in http://www.modaco.co...bad-gps-on-ics/ - since trying to fix my GPS I have run out of options - I've ended up re-flashing (xolo and orange ics) but still have the same problem - not locking on to any satellites. I'm now thinking I need to start from scratch. (Will this make any difference?)

I assume I can't delete /system from Root Browser on the phone - so how would I go about doing this from my pc?

Many thanks

Edited by guyh1

Guest guyh1

Thanks for that BMR

Pretty bad news though - I now have a phone without a system folder or update.zip on the sd card, that won't connect over USB :wacko:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but am left each time I connect the phone with:

i5hJNEg.png

(and of course the '-waiting for device-' in the AIO tool)

My inclination would be to dig the internal sd out of wherever it's hidden in the phone and put a rom on it, but I can't see myself being able to find the bloody thing

Any suggestions? my gps problem has got somewhat out of hand!

Edited by guyh1

Guest BlueMoonRising

The internal memory is in the form of a chip and not an actual card.

The Intel software driver is obviously nothing to do with the phone itself, that's a problem with your PC. You need to uninstall and thoroughly clean any reference to it before reinstalling. Try CCleaner to clean out your reg file. Do you have access to another PC or laptop? If so try that to get the zip onto the phone.

Guest guyh1

The internal memory is in the form of a chip and not an actual card.

I was afraid of that!

The Intel software driver is obviously nothing to do with the phone itself, that's a problem with your PC. You need to uninstall and thoroughly clean any reference to it before reinstalling. Try CCleaner to clean out your reg file. Do you have access to another PC or laptop? If so try that to get the zip onto the phone.

I thought that but the phone always worked on my pc up until that point - and showed up on AIO tool etc - right up until the point that I deleted /system. I did try it on a different computer and the same thing happened. (up to this point it's worked on many different computers just plug & play) I'll try ccleaner but the fact it used to work makes me nervous. Could it be that when I deleted /system in some way I deleted the mechanism that the phone uses to connect over usb?

One strange thing that happened on top of this was that on my main computer the USB driver itself went wrong after this and required a re-install.

I'll try ccleaner and report back

Thanks for your help by the way BMR, much appreciated.

Edited by guyh1

Guest BlueMoonRising

I was afraid of that!

I thought that but the phone always worked on my pc up until that point - and showed up on AIO tool etc - right up until the point that I deleted /system. I did try it on a different computer and the same thing happened. (up to this point it's worked on many different computers just plug & play) I'll try ccleaner but the fact it used to work makes me nervous. Could it be that when I deleted /system in some way I deleted the mechanism that the phone uses to connect over usb?

One strange thing that happened on top of this was that on my main computer the USB driver itself went wrong after this and required a re-install.

I'll try ccleaner and report back

Thanks for your help by the way BMR, much appreciated.

Peculiar I'll grant you, but the screenshot you posted definately seems to be a problem with the PC. It's been awhile but when installing the Intel drivers the first time it doesn't actually require the phone to be plugged in at any time(as far as I remember).

Edit :- why is the zip not on the internal memory? Can you not access it via the droidboot?

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest guyh1

Peculiar I'll grant you, but the screenshot you posted definately seems to be a problem with the PC. It's been awhile but when installing the Intel drivers the first time it doesn't actually require the phone to be plugged in at any time(as far as I remember).

It doesn't need to be plugged in no - however as far as I can tell what is happening is that it's not recognsing that the driver is relevant to the phone, as it tries to download the driver when it's plugged in. I've looked in device manager when it's plugged in and the device coming up doesn't map to the relevant driver. I've uninstalled and browsed to the driver as installed from the intel site (1.1.5) but it doesn't connect. When I then unplug and re-plug, the same happens again.

Edit :- why is the zip not on the internal memory? Can you not access it via the droidboot?

I wiped the cache and restored factory settings at some point in all this - since then have looked back many a time with regret at this decision :blink:

Guest BlueMoonRising

You beaut! Thank you! I'd actually come to terms with shelling out another £60 - I'll raise a drink in your honour tonight pal!

Lol, no trouble.

Edit :- BTW, are the Intel Medfield drivers working now?

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest guyh1

BTW, are the Intel Medfield drivers working now?

They are indeed - magically started working again afterwards. So something in /system relates to how the phone communicates over usb

Edited by guyh1

Guest BlueMoonRising

They are indeed - magically started working again afterwards. So something in /system relates to how the phone communicates over usb

Cheers, good to know for the future.