The XDA thread is at http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2306025
Hey everyone. This is my first real app for Android which I've been working on and off on for quite a while now. It's called LightIRC and it's a Holo IRC client for Android (4.0 and up only I'm afraid!). Since I will have some time over the next few weeks, I can put some effort into it and really bring it up to scratch.
Basically my motivation for creating this is simple - I felt all IRC clients fell into two categories - overloaded with features and not enough focus on design or not open source. What I've tried to do is stay on the correct side of both the items.
Things that you need to know before installing:
How to help me:
- This is an alpha - it's almost bound to be have some crashes
- 4.0+ ONLY
- If you want to help me to fix an issue, a logcat is essential
- Multi-server support
- Fully open source!
- As above - for fixing an issue, a logcat is essential
- If you know how to work with Android then please feel free to fork https://github.com/tilal6991/LightIRC and send me a pull request
- Join #testingircandroid to ask me questions or just for a chat
Multi server support - no. 1 priority Add option for servers on non-default ports
- Much more stuff
v0.7.0 - http://d-h.st/j1x
v0.5.0 - http://d-h.st/avi