• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

jingang

jingang

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Samsung wave (s8500 has a stonger cpu and cpu). it is 3 generations after our cpu. for this cpu samsung released native android 2.3 and so drivers. for our phone's chipset samsung only released android 2.2 drivers. programmers managed our chipset to run up to android 4.0 (ics). but never run jelly bean or kit kat. theoritically it is possible, if you have enough programmers for writing a proper kernel, proper drivers, framework etc

But we do not have them. and even if we had them, our phone has only 256mb of ram, plus resistive screen, plus slow cpu

An example. on antutu our phone can give the most 1250 points. Wave can give more than 1850. 50% more. Wave has 390 mb RAM. so for a number of reasons our phone can not run kit kat or jelly bean

Even for ics, do not feel jealous of newer versions of android on old phones, because most of these portings are crippled. many functions are lost.

Our phone already has a proper 2.3 android running. but since it lacks camera, wifi, etc i prefer to have froyo on my phone, that has almost all functions working.

i would be happy to see more people even as testers on our phone.

Version 8 of CM6NEW ROM V8,the link 0f it was wrong now,can you upload it again or give the version 8 file to me?thanks

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
CM6NEW version 8 with 2.6.32.9 kexec kernel
It is the same on everything with normal cm6new v8 (with kukafei kernel), except the kernel. New features are
- used the kernel and modules from here http://www.modaco.co..../#entry1953158
- About 5% improvement in speed.
- Unfortunately a bit more power consumption i think
- removed some apps
- added honso multiling keyboard that has arrows and is very helpful with our resistive screen
- added touchpal contacts for faster calling
(two last features can be uninstalled for lighter experience)

No new photos

installation instructions same as here
http://www.modaco.co...-9#entry2191511
link for download in the first post.

Edited by argentinos, 26 November 2014 - 02:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users