• Please log in to reply
703 replies to this topic

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

you should do the whole guide from the start so proper drivers are installed, although you could try flashing the recovery straight away

it replaces the useless stock recovery and replaces it with cwm

stock recovery can't do anything useful, where as cwm recovery can truly bring your phone back from "soft" bricks with ease...
as well as making proper backups, its a "must have" to fair.

i include the stock recovery image in the package though so it can be replaced the same way cwm is flashed.

Lovely OK sweet, thanks Tillaz, I will try the guide, I presume a windows 7 PC is better than Windows 8 for this sort of thing yes?

I tried the rename by the way, no joy...

Edited by Sere83, 20 June 2013 - 07:27 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X
anyone know if "MobileUncle MTK Tools" is compatible with MTK6589, if so you can use this to flash the recovery image from the SDcard

Please don't just jump in and try as it could be dangerous...

https://play.google....S50b29sYm94Il0. it was last updated on 18th June 2013

Edit

this forum on xda talks about using it on MTK6589, so it actually might be compatible

post #731
http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=42239537

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
Hey Tillaz,

I started guide and got to ......

Shut down your vowney v5 and remove the battery, press the "read back" button shown below in the screenshot (next to stop)

now plug your phone into the PC (with the battery still out) and it should start to pull the recovery.img from the phone

But when i plug phone in it says 'Device driver software was not successfully installed'

Also the text file I loaded from the the extracted RAR at the start says EMMC unlike the screen shot in the guide and the app says EMMC at the bottom, is this normal?

Edited by Sere83, 20 June 2013 - 07:52 PM.

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969

anyone know if "MobileUncle MTK Tools" is compatible with MTK6589, if so you can use this to flash the recovery image from the SDcard

Please don't just jump in and try as it could be dangerous...

https://play.google....S50b29sYm94Il0. it was last updated on 18th June 2013

Edit

this forum on xda talks about using it on MTK6589, so it actually might be compatible

post #731
http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=42239537

by looking at the reviews it seems to qork on mtk6589 phones

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Hey Tillaz,

I started guide and got to ......

Shut down your vowney v5 and remove the battery, press the "read back" button shown below in the screenshot (next to stop)

now plug your phone into the PC (with the battery still out) and it should start to pull the recovery.img from the phone

But when i plug phone in it says 'Device driver software was not successfully installed'

Also the text file I loaded from the the extracted RAR at the start says EMMC unlike the screen shot in the guide and the app says EMMC at the bottom, is this normal?

yes, that's normal my screenshots are just different because i had no phone plugged in at the time.

your problem is drivers for sure, have a read of the end of the thread, you will find a guide to install the drivers manually

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

yes, that's normal my screenshots are just different because i had no phone plugged in at the time.

your problem is drivers for sure, have a read of the end of the thread, you will find a guide to install the drivers manually

This one? >>

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2206421

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

This one? >>

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2206421

yeah, i think bryfly ended up getting it work after that.. its seems that drivers are a pain for some people to get installed (took me 4 or 5 times)

Eureka..........cracked it........cheers

downloaded some more drivers and went back to windows 8, drivers in this time and went fine now got cwm, can it be updated to the newer one that you use your finger to scroll it?

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5

Hello,
I want to know if this mobile phone has a LED for notifications or needs an app to do it?
What do you think about the camera?
What about the velocity of the processor?

Led notification yes as standard no extra apps needed, camera is outstanding , and UI and speed is very good no lag at all

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

yeah, i think bryfly ended up getting it work after that.. its seems that drivers are a pain for some people to get installed (took me 4 or 5 times)

I am actually on a windows 8 computer now but was trying to install on a windows 7 computer. Shall I just switch to windows 8 that im on now and give that a go instead?

UPDATE: Ok tried on Windows 8, now get no error message but Flash tool does nothing just stays on 0%

Edited by Sere83, 20 June 2013 - 08:17 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

I am actually on a windows 8 computer now but was trying to install on a windows 7 computer. Shall I just switch to windows 8 that im on now and give that a go instead?

UPDATE: Ok tried on Windows 8, now get no error message but Flash tool does nothing just stays on 0%

what did the error actually say on win 7, did it go to 100% in blue then fail?

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

what did the error actually say on win 7, did it go to 100% in blue then fail?

No it was an error from windows itself saying that the drivers could not be found when i plugged in the V5, the tool stayed on 0%

You rekon try and install drivers on win 7 or win 8? Win 8 pc is quite new so old VCOM drivers

Edited by Sere83, 20 June 2013 - 08:27 PM.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Just got 2 full days from my vowney with reasonable use , just come up with 15% battery left, so can't argue with the battery life, this I need to add your cwm recovery tillaz, but mine is already rooted, would be interested with the mobile uncle, I used that app on my 2 hero v6888 but there mt6577

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

No it was an error from windows itself saying that the drivers could not be found when i plugged in the V5, the tool stayed on 0%

You rekon try and install drivers on win 7 or win 8? Win 8 pc is quite new so old VCOM drivers

i would try on win 7, use the usb review tool to remove all traces of MTK and VCOM, reboot and try again.

if it still fails you will need to manual install the VCOM drivers then reboot http://forum.xda-dev...56&d=1362307671
if you don't know how to install the .inf manually let me know its easy.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

I need to add your cwm recovery tillaz, but mine is already rooted, would be interested with the mobile uncle, I used that app on my 2 hero v6888 but there mt6577

from what i have seen on the app reviews and posts on xda it looks like it does work with MTK6589, root is required though.

moorish

moorish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, G300

pandawill is now stocking the vowney and also the proper cases and screen protectors and a lot cheaper than merimobiles , ive just ordered a case and pk of 2 screen protectors

http://www.pandawill...wney v5&x=0&y=0

Just had a online chat with Eric at Pandawill, he told me the V5 is out of stock, as are all the accessories.

Perhaps they have just run out of stock..shame as i wanted to get the case and screen protectors. It would be good to know if anyone has found them elsewhere.

Edited by moorish, 20 June 2013 - 08:56 PM.

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

i would try on win 7, use the usb review tool to remove all traces of MTK and VCOM, reboot and try again.

if it still fails you will need to manual install the VCOM drivers then reboot http://forum.xda-dev...56&d=1362307671
if you don't know how to install the .inf manually let me know its easy.

Ok i got the drivers installed! Tool verified, bar went up to 100% ALL OK!

Now i will try and flash CMW, do you start with phone plugged in or not?

Edited by Sere83, 20 June 2013 - 08:59 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Now i will try and flash CMW, do you start with phone plugged in or not?

same as before ;)

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Just had a online chat with Eric at Pandawill, he told me the V5 is out of stock, as are all the accessories.

Perhaps they have just run out of stock..shame as i wanted to get the case and screen protectors. It would be good to know if anyone has found them elsewhere.

Eric , does sound like a typical Chinese name lol, I ordered case and protectors about 5pm , all showed in stock then

BollyBalls

BollyBalls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Led notification yes as standard no extra apps needed, camera is outstanding , and UI and speed is very good no lag at all

Great!.
What is the best things about the Verne V5?

Edited by BollyBalls, 20 June 2013 - 10:26 PM.

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969
Quick question. Were you able to track your order as soon as you received the tracking number or did it take a day or two before you could track it . Apparently my number is not valid (I received it today)

Edited by kieranswhite, 20 June 2013 - 09:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users