Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest tillaz

pandawill is now stocking the vowney and also the proper cases and screen protectors and a lot cheaper than merimobiles , ive just ordered a case and pk of 2 screen protectors

http://www.pandawill...wney v5&x=0&y=0

thanks,

looking at this i might just grab one... assuming its available in all black like below (including the buttons)

sku41873.jpg

did anyone make a video of the v5 ?

Guest Sere83

thanks,

looking at this i might just grab one... assuming its available in all black like below (including the buttons)

sku41873.jpg

Yeah I ordered the black cover from merimobiles, they also got it at Ibuygou now for same price as pandawill..

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-vowney_v5_quad_core_android_4_2_5_0_inch_smartphone_mtk6589_hd_screen_otg_ota-5057-usd.html

Its a great phone for the price, much slimmer in real life. I'm gonna try and flash your rom then if I can work out how to use the video camera make a video!

Guest ChrisPNE

As I said on the China phones thread, my V5 was waiting for me when I got home from work tonight. :)

Took less than 5 days from dispatch to arrival. I'm pleasantly surprised by how thin it is and it's quite light as well. The screen seems really good as well.

@tillaz Anything you'd like me to do with my completely stock phone before I install CWM etc?

Guest Sere83

Hey Tillaz, I wiped and then tried to flash the rom but it just said

'error, Install aborted'

Is it because it is an older version of clockwork mod?

Any ideas?

also '4. mounts and storage / format system' is not an option, options are:

Android system recovery (3e)

reboot system now

apply update from ADB

apply update from sdcard

apply update from cache

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

backup user data

restore user data

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

Hey Tillaz, I tried to flash

'error, Install aborted' Any ideas?

Are you using cwm?

if so did the error have (bad) at the end?

This normally means that the zip has been corupted when copied to the sdcard,

Guest blaster99999

thanks,

sku41873.jpg

Yes they have all black in, the volume and power buttons are part of the rear removable cover , so which ever colour back cover you choice the buttons will be same colour, strange cost conversion on pandawill to pounds is £115 but on the other site ibuygou conversion is £112 still very cheap, pandawill have 2x original screen protectors for just over £2 and the original case for just over £5

Guest Sere83

Are you using cwm?

if so did the error have (bad) at the end?

This normally means that the zip has been corupted when copied to the sdcard,

I updated my post above ^^^, shows you options i have in recovery. I will try again and see what the exact error was

UPDATE: Ok the error message just says

Error!

Installation aborted.

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

Hey Tillaz, I wiped and then tried to flash the rom but it just said

'error, Install aborted'

Is it because it is an older version of clockwork mod?

Any ideas?

also '4. mounts and storage / format system' is not an option, options are:

Android system recovery (3e)

reboot system now

apply update from ADB

apply update from sdcard

apply update from cache

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

backup user data

restore user data

i don't even think that is cwm, looks like its the stock android recovery.

all i can suggest its rename the rom .zip slightly and add to the sdcard (so its not overwriting, sometimes this causes corruption) then trying to flash it,

if it still fails you should try and install the proper cwm.

Guest Sere83

i don't even think that is cwm, looks like its the stock android recovery.

all i can suggest its rename the rom .zip slightly and add to the sdcard (so its not overwriting, sometimes this causes corruption) then trying to flash it,

if it still fails you should try and install the proper cwm.

When you say rename the rom .zip? Rename it to Anything in particular, maybe update.zip?

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

When you say rename the rom .zip? Rename it to Anything in particular, maybe update.zip?

just remove a letter or two, makes no difference really, just so its not overwriting the old one.

to be fair though i'm sure its because you dont have clockwork recovery, that's why you have no mounts and storage option

Guest Sere83

just remove a letter or two, makes no difference really, just so its not overwriting the old one.

to be fair though i'm sure its because you dont have clockwork recovery, that's why you have no mounts and storage option

Ok cool, will try that.

But if that does not work do I simply follow the second part of your guide to install clockwork mod? Do I need to still pull the stock recovery?

Will clockwork mod interfere with the recovery console that is currently on my v5?

Edited by Sere83

Guest Rico_89

Sere83, I would seriously advise you to install CWM and make a nandroid backup before you install anything.

Yes they have all black in, the volume and power buttons are part of the rear removable cover , so which ever colour back cover you choice the buttons will be same colour, strange cost conversion on pandawill to pounds is £115 but on the other site ibuygou conversion is £112 still very cheap, pandawill have 2x original screen protectors for just over £2 and the original case for just over £5

Is pandawill reliable and trusted? I got my V5, 11 days after purchase from Merrimobiles and they have it in black too, listed at £118.30, However it's paypals exchange rate you'll be paying.

Guest BollyBalls

Hello,

I want to know if this mobile phone has a LED for notifications or needs an app to do it?

What do you think about the camera?

What about the velocity of the processor?

Guest Sere83

Sere83, I would seriously advise you to install CWM and make a nandroid backup before you install anything.

Is pandawill reliable and trusted? I got my V5, 11 days after purchase from Merrimobiles and they have it in black too, listed at £118.30, However it's paypals exchange rate you'll be paying.

Hmm, personally i'd go merrimobiles or ibuygou before pandawill.

Rico_89 Have you installed Tillaz' Rom yet? Have you installed CMW? Did you just follow Tillaz guide? Is pulling stock recovery necessary?

I've made a backup using the normal recovery console already, does CMW wipe the normal recovery?

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

But if that does not work do I simply follow the second part of your guide to install clockwork mod? Do I need to still pull the stock recovery?

you should do the whole guide from the start so proper drivers are installed, although you could try flashing the recovery straight away

Will clockwork mod interfere with the recovery console that is currently on my v5?

it replaces the useless stock recovery with cwm recovery

stock recovery can't do anything useful, where as cwm recovery can truly bring your phone back from "soft" bricks with ease...

as well as making proper backups, its a "must have" to fair.

i include the stock recovery image in the package though so it can be replaced the same way cwm is flashed.

Guest Sere83

you should do the whole guide from the start so proper drivers are installed, although you could try flashing the recovery straight away

it replaces the useless stock recovery and replaces it with cwm

stock recovery can't do anything useful, where as cwm recovery can truly bring your phone back from "soft" bricks with ease...

as well as making proper backups, its a "must have" to fair.

i include the stock recovery image in the package though so it can be replaced the same way cwm is flashed.

Lovely OK sweet, thanks Tillaz, I will try the guide, I presume a windows 7 PC is better than Windows 8 for this sort of thing yes?

I tried the rename by the way, no joy...

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

anyone know if "MobileUncle MTK Tools" is compatible with MTK6589, if so you can use this to flash the recovery image from the SDcard

Please don't just jump in and try as it could be dangerous...

https://play.google....S50b29sYm94Il0. it was last updated on 18th June 2013

Edit

this forum on xda talks about using it on MTK6589, so it actually might be compatible

post #731

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=42239537

Guest Sere83

Hey Tillaz,

I started guide and got to ......

Shut down your vowney v5 and remove the battery, press the "read back" button shown below in the screenshot (next to stop)

now plug your phone into the PC (with the battery still out) and it should start to pull the recovery.img from the phone

But when i plug phone in it says 'Device driver software was not successfully installed'

Also the text file I loaded from the the extracted RAR at the start says EMMC unlike the screen shot in the guide and the app says EMMC at the bottom, is this normal?

Edited by Sere83

Guest kieranswhite

anyone know if "MobileUncle MTK Tools" is compatible with MTK6589, if so you can use this to flash the recovery image from the SDcard

Please don't just jump in and try as it could be dangerous...

https://play.google....S50b29sYm94Il0. it was last updated on 18th June 2013

Edit

this forum on xda talks about using it on MTK6589, so it actually might be compatible

post #731

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=42239537

by looking at the reviews it seems to qork on mtk6589 phones

Guest tillaz

Hey Tillaz,

I started guide and got to ......

Shut down your vowney v5 and remove the battery, press the "read back" button shown below in the screenshot (next to stop)

now plug your phone into the PC (with the battery still out) and it should start to pull the recovery.img from the phone

But when i plug phone in it says 'Device driver software was not successfully installed'

Also the text file I loaded from the the extracted RAR at the start says EMMC unlike the screen shot in the guide and the app says EMMC at the bottom, is this normal?

yes, that's normal my screenshots are just different because i had no phone plugged in at the time.

your problem is drivers for sure, have a read of the end of the thread, you will find a guide to install the drivers manually

Guest tillaz

yeah, i think bryfly ended up getting it work after that.. its seems that drivers are a pain for some people to get installed (took me 4 or 5 times)

Eureka..........cracked it........cheers

downloaded some more drivers and went back to windows 8, drivers in this time and went fine now got cwm, can it be updated to the newer one that you use your finger to scroll it?

Guest blaster99999

Hello,

I want to know if this mobile phone has a LED for notifications or needs an app to do it?

What do you think about the camera?

What about the velocity of the processor?

Led notification yes as standard no extra apps needed, camera is outstanding , and UI and speed is very good no lag at all

Guest Sere83

yeah, i think bryfly ended up getting it work after that.. its seems that drivers are a pain for some people to get installed (took me 4 or 5 times)

I am actually on a windows 8 computer now but was trying to install on a windows 7 computer. Shall I just switch to windows 8 that im on now and give that a go instead?

UPDATE: Ok tried on Windows 8, now get no error message but Flash tool does nothing just stays on 0%

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

I am actually on a windows 8 computer now but was trying to install on a windows 7 computer. Shall I just switch to windows 8 that im on now and give that a go instead?

UPDATE: Ok tried on Windows 8, now get no error message but Flash tool does nothing just stays on 0%

what did the error actually say on win 7, did it go to 100% in blue then fail?