Not sure how to open a dedicated section here on Modaco.
I found an
(oops, scratch that, think it's just a Google Translate from French).
I updated the translation a bit and also modified some parts to comply with forum rules.
Before you start this, consider saving your apps and data to avoid re-installation.
You could use Helium app for this (make sure you UNCHECK "App Data Only" to save both data and the apps themselves).
NOTE: With this method, you have one big advantage, you can unroot afterwards and still keep the expanded memory settings.
EDIT: Check first for any OTA updates and instal them first. Go to About phone/System Update/Check Now
Second, download the files: https://mega.co.nz/#...lmh1sr_XAeR52GcHow to ROOT & expand the internal memory - FOR ACER E2 Liquid DUO1. Install drivers:
First, start by installing the drivers that go to our beloved E2 liquid. Please install the drivers from driver1.zip
- In case of problems with the drivers above, try the other package driver2.7z
- Go to your System Settings, About phone, and click Build Number until your phone will again ask you to click four times more on build number to view options for developer. Once activated, go back to Settings and you will see a new option Developer Options, enable Usb Debugging. While there, I recommend enabling Allow Mock Locations too (optional).
- You can now connect your phone to the PC. After a short search, it will tell you that there's been an error.
- Open your device manager in other devices, you will have a yellow exclamation point, with the name MT65XX android device.
- Make right click on it, then make drivers day search for a driver on my computer and specify the folder where you previously extracted USB driver, then next.
Your drivers are now days.
2. Root your Acer E2
- Open and extract the file Root.zip
- Connect your phone to the PC.
- Connect it as USB STORAGE
- Open the previously unzipped folder, and run the run.bat
- Press any key to continue ... Your phone must be recognized.
- Wait until the process finishes, and even press a key. Congratulations, your phone is Rooted.
3.EXPANDING THE INTERNAL MEMORY
- Install Rom Toolbox and go to ROOT BROWSER (you might need the paid version)
OR if you don't have Rom Toolbox, just use ES file explorer or Total Commander or any other file explorer with Root access rights and a text editor.
- Find Vold.fstab file and open it (System\etc)
- Choose RT text mode(Text Editor).
- At the top right, edit and change the red numbers:
dev_mount sdcard / storage / sdcard "1
" EMMC @ fat / devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 / devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 / storage / sdcard "0
" auto / devices / platform / goldfish [color = # FF0000] _mmc.1 / devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host
*Change only the two values between ""
- Restart, and check in Settings, Storage, phone storage must be increased.