Y300 4.1.1 Can't find all animation settings

Guest spaceboy_psy

Guest spaceboy_psy

Hi all,

I'm trying to speed up my Y300, on 4.1.1, by disabling animations. In Developer Options I have the Animation Duration Scale options, the effect of which I can't discern yet, but no other animation settings. I gather that other ICS/JB users also have settings for 'Window Animation Scale' and 'Transition Animation Scale', but I can't find them! Does anyone know what's going on? Are they disabled/moved/renamed for us Y300 users? Is there a sneaky way to change it?

Thanks for your help!

Guest jackosterman

Are you running B174? I'm missing the same options. For now I've resorted to enabling the built in Power Saving Mode and then readjusting the changed settings (eg. screen timeout, wireless). This will disable all animations and will fortunately remember your changed settings at boot. The primary downside for me is that it'll add another notification icon to what can be an already cluttered status bar. I'm still looking for a better fix; I've searched the build.prop but there doesn't seem to be anything relevant in there.

Guest spaceboy_psy

Great idea, thanks for that! I think that actually crossed my mind a while ago, but I totally forgot about it.

Seems like a good workaround. I wonder what it means, though, by 'Background Data will be off'? Because another new quirk of this software (as compared to Gingerbread which I had before) is that it doesn't seem to have a background data control like GB had. There's 'Restrict Background Data', but that doesn't seem to be the same thing (proven I think because it doesn't become activated in Power Saving Mode). So I'm confused about that.

My build number ends B182.