Chinese G510 t8951 Mediatek mt6577 help

Guest soapdroid

Guest soapdroid

Hello, I am an American living in the Philippines, and I purchased the G510-t8951 (Mediatek chip mt6577) when they first came out back in January. At the time, using Chinese forums, I was able to root the phone and install CWM. Since then, I've been patiently waiting for a 4.1 (or 4.2!) Jelly bean release, but as of now, none are available!

Are there any other t8951 users out there with the same problem?

I have tried installing many of the ROMS available here, but none of them seem to work with my model. Does anyone have any advice to get them to work? How difficult would it be to modify one of the ROMS to get them to work on my phone? Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Guest Hassams

Its pretty hard but one can do this if he had proper knowledge about Android. Both devices have different chipset, Modem etc. I advice you to stick to your stock ROM or search Chinese forums, maybe there you can find your device but never try any ROM which is not meant for you device

Guest soapdroid

Thanks for the response Hassams.. I'm really disappointed that there is no Jellybean available yet for the T8951. I feel like I could potentially make this work. A Chinese forum has linked to this source for the kernel: http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDIyMzQ=

I'm wondering if I couldn't take a CyanogenMod build made for the Euro G510 and build it with that kernel? What else would be involved?

Guest Hassams

Thanks for the response Hassams.. I'm really disappointed that there is no Jellybean available yet for the T8951. I feel like I could potentially make this work. A Chinese forum has linked to this source for the kernel: http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDIyMzQ=

I'm wondering if I couldn't take a CyanogenMod build made for the Euro G510 and build it with that kernel? What else would be involved?

Can't say anything about that. You should ask any DEV who's working on these devices, he will guide you better.

BTW you won't get any replies in this Sub-forum because its only for Development purpose. Ask mod/admin to move this thread to the general section of G510/y300.

• 1 month later...
Guest TeddyElan

@soapdroid, I am in France and I brouhgt my T8951 in China. Same as you, I succeed to use different ROMs. I'm using JacK's bootloader but it is in Chinese and I always wonder if I'll do some mistakes when using it.

I would be interested by a english CWM.

Technically, I should be able to do your requested porting. Unfortunatelly, it request a lot of time that I don"t have.

I don't know the distribution I'm using currently (not Lewa, not MIUI, ...)

I will try again the latest MIUI version I found (v4b5). The previous one v4b4 has too much phone Force Close with my SIM.

• 4 weeks later...