[Q] Backporting to 2.3.6

Guest bogdanwp

Guest bogdanwp

Hey guys , i have a question . Can 2.3.6 roms including CM 7 be ported on Y300? I only see 4.1.1+ roms, that`s why i`m asking. That would be cool. Not that i don`t like Jelly Bean or anything but 2.3.6 is much much faster than ICS or JB. Cheers.

Guest bogdanwp

Well nobody . I just figured that`s the case since i come from Galaxy Gio , a phone with 800 mhz processor and came with 2.3.6. It had available for flashing stable versions of modified stocks , CM 7.2`s , 9`s , 10`s and 10.1`s , AOSP , AOKP , PAC ... which i tried them almost all in the 2 year period that i used the phone . The difference in snapiness was huge not to mention that anything based on 2.3.6 didn`t even go to full 800 mhz it stayed around 667 for most of the intensive operations , ICS and JB stayed constantly at full speed :)). I`m not an expert i`m just saying from experience. Sorry if i`m wrong :D

L.E. Oh , MadHatterRyu , thanks for the Sister Communities topic , that really helped when i first moved here to MoDaCo :D

Edited by bogdanwp

Guest ZolaIII

It whose the case with single CPU socs especially with Arm v.6 architecture... Google fixed CPU multitrading on ICS 4.0.4 so all up versions work faster on multi CPU socs. From JB 4.2.2 all things use Neon FPU extension. When Google implement the "hard flout Neon" support that is found in 4.6+ Linux kernel we can expect future performance improvement in floating point calculations (multimedia, 2D...). The Neon FPU have bigger performance improvement impact on more basis CPU cores like A5!

I think it would be cool to port a CM7 build (2.3.7) to Y300!

It's probably the easiest to do this from G300 port.

Guest bogdanwp

Ha i just looked through the G300 forum and it has so many roms :D maybe someday we will have too

Edited by bogdanwp

• 5 months later...

Gingerbread is not really supported by app devs

If we took Greenify as example it has only support for 4.0+ ROMs

And some xposed modules as Gravitybox :wub: doesn't support 4.1- Roms

So..i think what we have is now perfect :D

Getting higher version will only increase the perfectness :)