APN settings won't stay the same

Guest Pia23

Hi I'm about ready to chuck this irritating phone out of the window for a number of reasons... The biggest one being I can't access the internet until I've manually changed the APN settings back every single time.

I'm on giffgaff and found out that to get the internet to work I have to delete the localhost and proxy and leave blank but they won't stay this way so I have to do it every time.

Any advice on this please?

Guest bladebuddy

Are you pressing menu and then save for your settings. Sorry I do not have your phone but have owned a few android devices and have never heard of anything like the apn settings changing.

Hi I'm about ready to chuck this irritating phone out of the window for a number of reasons... The biggest one being I can't access the internet until I've manually changed the APN settings back every single time.

I'm on giffgaff and found out that to get the internet to work I have to delete the localhost and proxy and leave blank but they won't stay this way so I have to do it every time.

Any advice on this please?

Apologies if you've already tried this, but there is an app to help with giffgaff APN setttings: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paulshirley.android.giffgaffsetapn

Are you pressing menu and then save for your settings. Sorry I do not have your phone but have owned a few android devices and have never heard of anything like the apn settings changing.

OMG, lol! I daren't admit this but yes you are right. Well don't I feel dumb :P In my defence i've come from a G300 where the giffgaff app did the settings and i never had to touch that bit. Thank you so much :)

Hmm, maybe that didn't fix it after all... I've been using wi-fi all day but just tried to use mobile internet and had the dreaded message "could not connect to the proxy server"

To fix it yet again need to manually remove the text "localhost" from proxy and do the same for port. It seems to keep re-adding the text on its own. :wacko: