[ROM] B196-slim-v1

Guest antonynext

Guest antonynext

Hello guys, on the website of HTCMania I found this fantastic rom!

Many system apps have been removed. The system runs smoothly and quickly without ever manifesting lag. The free ram is amazing and remains free because the system does not have a lot of useless applications. With AnTuTu showed a score of 7491. At the moment I can not find bugs. I'll post the link of the discussion on HTCMania:

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=676565

all credit goes to jordilopez94.

I preferred to remove the stock launcher and installed nova launcher and greenify.

Sorry for my bad english. :)

Edited by antonynext

Some screens pls..

If you have the phone with you then you know how a stock rom looks like and you also know how good is your preferred launcher looks like :)

@OP

Thanks for sharing and Thanks dev/modder for the ROM. Hope to see more customized rom's instead lite version of stock.

Guest TangerineTractor

It is very fast. Definitely the fastest Rom I've tried.

Removed emotionui, installed nova, set up exactly as with other rooms, it is just faster. Stock on speed. If you're happy with stock look and feel, or customising yourself from a stock base, it's worth giving this a go.

It is very fast. Definitely the fastest Rom I've tried.

Removed emotionui, installed nova, set up exactly as with other rooms, it is just faster. Stock on speed. If you're happy with stock look and feel, or customising yourself from a stock base, it's worth giving this a go.

The widget loosing from the homescreen problem is present in this rom too? All stock based rom has this problem : after rebooting the phone the 3rd party widgets gone from the homescreen if i using non-stock launcher.

Edited by Sigray

Guest TangerineTractor

The widget loosing from the homescreen problem is present in this rom too? All stock based rom has this problem : after rebooting the phone the 3rd party widgets gone from the homescreen if i using non-stock launcher.

Never had this issue.

There are some apps that have issues, like light flow, which never retains accessibility after a reboot on all stock based... I get round this by using Rom toolbox to make a backup of the app in question, uninstalling it, and restoring the backup. This seems to resolve the issue, so might work for your widgets. I use minimalistic text widget on nova or apex with no issues.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Never had this issue.

There are some apps that have issues, like light flow, which never retains accessibility after a reboot on all stock based... I get round this by using Rom toolbox to make a backup of the app in question, uninstalling it, and restoring the backup. This seems to resolve the issue, so might work for your widgets. I use minimalistic text widget on nova or apex with no issues.

I tried a lot weather widgets with Apex on stock based roms. All widgets gone after reboot...only the preinstalled widgets remained...Strange.

Guest TangerineTractor

Have you tried one widget at a time?

Like I said, install rom toolbox, use the app manager, backup the widget, then uninstall it and restore it from the backup (app only, not data). That works for me for lightflow and for swype, both of which don`t reload fully after a reboot if installed from Play store.

Guest TangerineTractor
hi

thanks for sharing this rom!!!

can i ask you which system apps have been removed???

If you read the OP, it`s just a link to the dev on HTCmania.

You need to go look on there for more info, it`s not fair to expect other people to go looking things up for you.

Guest tomtruckie

I have installed this ROM on my y300-151 using latest twrp. I have had no issues or bugs. Removed more hideaway crap sy as weather and music and running nova prime.