Some pointers regarding custom roms.

Guest Half-Life_4_Life

Guest Half-Life_4_Life

Hi guys.

My mom bought this phone and has infact bought same phones for me and my sis and the phones will be arriving tomorrow.

My stepfather is using the ZTE Blade III and while this phone is great for the price and has a decent camera (well except the video recording, I wish it was at least 854:480 at 30p) I tried Minecraft PE Demo on both devices and ZTE beats the hell outta this phone performance wise!!

Sooo.. I want a great rom with full HWA, nice speed and battery life. I don't care for the other stuff, I just don't like the Emotion UI and sluggishness of this device. Like when Chrome crashed while I was typing this.

Thanks. Bye, Alen.

Edited by Half-Life_4_Life

Guest ZolaIII

Some costume ROM based on stock B199 & a castels kernel with swap (in a file form as a suggestion) if you really intend to play games. Fusion x or any other that is stock B199 based! Apex or a Smart launcher are my recommendations!

You can find all needed things & instructions hire at forum & there is a brand new topic about best ROMs with voting!

Guest ZolaIII

Thanks. I will stick around that and do a little more research until I get the device.

I can generate my own bootloader unlock keys right?

Yes with ID unlocker you have instruction somewhere around on forum or you can watch a YouTube video with instructions on official site.

Guest Half-Life_4_Life

I unlocked my btldr, rooted and installed TWRP and flashed the FusionX rom. Everything is fine but I think I need to flash GAPPS cause I don't see some apps like music, notes..

And how can I set up swap the easiest way? :)

Thanks to some of you for helping, I used the guide thread but I forgot the link somehere. :)

Guest Half-Life_4_Life

I found out I need to manually install gmail and the other two apps. Also I will instal Cextels kernel tomorrow. And what then, what app do I use for swap?