Want to Unlock Y300 to Work on Any Carrier

Guest garrywhite1123

Guest garrywhite1123

Hi,

I have an unlocked and rooted Y300 running cyanogenmod11.  I do not have a backup of the stock firmware.

I want to unlock the phone to work on any carrier.  Normally when you insert a SIM from a different carrier the phone will ask you for an unlock code.  This doesn't happen on cyanogenmod11.  What are my options?  I tried downloading firmware from Huawei website but I couldn't install it.

Can someone please help me, I am new to all this stuff and I searched the forum but could not understand what to do.  Some basic step by step instructions would be great.

Thanks,

Garry

Guest wbrambley

Hi,

I have an unlocked and rooted Y300 running cyanogenmod11. I do not have a backup of the stock firmware.

I want to unlock the phone to work on any carrier. Normally when you insert a SIM from a different carrier the phone will ask you for an unlock code. This doesn't happen on cyanogenmod11. What are my options? I tried downloading firmware from Huawei website but I couldn't install it.

Can someone please help me, I am new to all this stuff and I searched the forum but could not understand what to do. Some basic step by step instructions would be great.

Thanks,

Garry

Try DC Unlocker. Tutorials on website and it was cheaper than doing it via the carrier( for me $30 through Vodafone, about $11.50 through DC Unlocker.

Guest garrywhite1123

Hey so I figured it out.  I just loaded the FusionX rom on my phone, and it gave me the unlock code entering option when I put the SIM in.  Problem solved :)