[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.0 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2014]

4409 replies to this topic

c01v1p4q

c01v1p4q

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Y300

It's not hard to find out, that in order to use root permissions you have to activate it in the developer option, which you first have to activate by tapping on the build number a few times. I found that out before installing it.

So, wait ... are you saying that it is not hard to find out that the su binary will not work without any error messages or warnings or negative exit codes, as if it was malfunctioning like you know it from a failed root exploit, because there is a specific option in System Settings->Developer Options->Debugging->Root Access to invoke exactly that behavior, instead of something more transparent with causes ascertainable by the user (e.g. a mere message "sorry, disabled in options") implementable by virtually equal efforts, if you could only see that option because it will be entirely invisible and can only be made accessible by first going into System Settings->About Phone and tapping a dozen times on the "Build number" text label for no apparent reason at all... which merely opened an easteregg picture in past android versions and didn't do anything meaningful in the Android version you used previously .. but wait just a second there: if you had only known of such a necessity, because the submenu you will find that option in was visible when you first booted the ROM to begin with and it hid itself at random later on, making you wonder where the settings you are looking for suddenly went to, in the zillion menu and submenu tree structure labyrinths of Android, which you are not even used to and have not memorized yet, because you switched to a new version and everything is potentially ordered in a slightly different manner - just like the path to the easteregg now doesn't open an easteregg anymore but something entirely different. But you did already configure everything in that submenu so you don't really recognize where something you can now think of and need is missing, except for that one new option you don't even know to exist yet. If there was only a documentation about those menus and features, but you can't even google it, it is 'documented' in source code and random blog posts and news articles on page 300 on google, some only reachable over archive.org or from the google cache because of MySQL database error and most importantly because no one cares. Even more so, if you google your current issue you will only find that SuperSU is broken in Kitkat apparently indistinguishable to the way it currently appears on your phone, leading you to believe you need to upgrade your binary... on a user-build ROM with an OS (sub-)version so new possibly 99% of the phones don't have it, that was made possible by leaked firmware where conditions and errors unaccounted for are rather to be expected... But no, it is a new feature, how would you not notice that instantly?

Damn, that's like ... you know that stuff even before you buy the phone in the store dude! So easy even a fetus would instantly find it. Before you were even born, that logic emerges from the laws of physics.

Btw. I am really thankful for the mod and I know it costs a lot of effort to do one. As you see all those bugs and problems I complained about are issues with android itself or apps from other developers. But they are still there and huge and firstly the "why and how" is important, for people who care anyway. Like tech-savvy audiences or something.

Edited by c01v1p4q, 11 August 2014 - 05:36 PM.

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100
The Slim did the mess with integrated costume SU! & gees what? You cant even replace it. Yes it's all on the forum!
I am certain that you will find all of that in SU log. & yes settings & where they are placed in Slim is more than confusing bat there are & some nice & useful features added (not much of them).

Edited by ZolaIII, 11 August 2014 - 04:55 PM.

LotR656

LotR656

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510

Hi guys,

I have some issues with build 6.4 (and some previous ones) on G510. If Google now / location reporting is active then I get huge battery drains.

The same problems seems to appear on other roms/phones as well. Wakelock Detector shows that the phone is unable to go into deep sleep due to a wakelock related to location reporting.

Disabling Google now (and location reporting) solves the issue... most of the time. Indeed, from time to time I also experience battery drains.

I have the feeling that this is related to Google services.

Also I can't get the stock calendar to sync with Google calendar unless I also install Google calendar from the market.

(I have tried with both banks gapps and slim gapps full)

What is your setup? Which gapps are you using? Which launcher do you use? Do you use frequency scaling (which governor and settings)? 

It would be great if you could recommend some working settings.

I dont know which gapps you flash, but I suppose Full.

After flashing ROM flash this gapps https://s.basketbuil....4.4_signed.zip

after that flash this https://s.basketbuil....4.4_signed.zip and this https://s.basketbuil....4.4_signed.zip

With this you will not  have Google Now and you will have working stock calendar. You cant really disable Google now, because all Google apps have a permission to wake up phone and to start app again (like Keep, Googles, Chrome and Facebook too). If you really want to disable that you need or to turn off Location or to change permission in Google Play Servise (dont allow location). Also you can disable "Keep awake" in permissions, this will stop app when you close it + it will save you RAM.

Sorry if I make mistake in writing, English is not my primary language.

Thank you for your understanding.

Karakura Red

Karakura Red

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300, HTC Wildfire

So, wait ... are you saying that ...

No, I am saying that if I choose to install a custom ROM, I first check what it does, how it works, what the issues and flaws are. Even more so if I NEED the phone to work. Actually, I wouldn't even risk installing a custom ROM on a phone I need for work. Anyway, if you just have to install it and at least look around a bit on the Homepage of the ROM, you would see that in the FAQ it is explained how exactly to enable root. I can understand that it's confusing if the Developer Options were there but then vanished (which never happened to me, I always had to activate them) and when Superuser doesn't give error messages, but it's far from impossible to find out how to solve it.
That easteregg you're talking about is hidden behind the Android Version and is still there, it wasn't replaced.
But the main point is, SlimRoms and this port are distributed for free. If you want help, you don't come and insult everyone because it's not exactly as you expected.

Edited by Karakura Red, 12 August 2014 - 12:17 PM.

apvm

apvm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300

Weekly 7.2 is out

khasscorpio

khasscorpio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:y300

After installing my phone isnot recognized on any PC, usb connection doesnt pop up. tried enabling usb connection from storage, checking unchecking of android debugging but all goes in vain. please help whats the problem is.

okren

okren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

After installing my phone isnot recognized on any PC, usb connection doesnt pop up. tried enabling usb connection from storage, checking unchecking of android debugging but all goes in vain. please help whats the problem is.

AFAIK, the default setting on KitKat is mtp. Have you tried mass storage?

LotR656

LotR656

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Just pull down status bar and change to mass storage and then pull down again and choose "Touch to copy data..." (something like that). New window will appear and press turn on.

Steve Hill

Steve Hill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Anyone tried 7.2 sticking with 7.0 now been over a week since I flashed it and seems a country mile better than 6.8

Using Tapatalk

LotR656

LotR656

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Anyone tried 7.2 sticking with 7.0 now been over a week since I flashed it and seems a country mile better than 6.8

6.6 is much better.

apvm

apvm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Thanks for the update, installing 7.2 now

Hanzome

Hanzome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G330 U8825-1

anyone tried 7.2?? .. well my 7.0 .. works like charm .. i dont know why .. but after few reboot my .. past problems is now fixed .. hahaha .. will stick here first at  7.0 .. please post if someone tried 7.2

StewieTech

StewieTech

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Tits
  • Devices:Huawei Y300, BQ Aquaris E5 HD

Thanks! Great work and great rom. My days of flashing roms everyday are gone for now, i´m sticking with slimkat and enjoying it.

ivanepo

ivanepo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
First of all, guys, and esp. dev ofcourse, I just wanted to say thank you for a wonderfull ROM. I mean, sure it's not perfect, but after a day of using (no, overusing, torturing :-D) my phone, this seems like a very stable KK ROM, and I'm sure that's not an easy thing to achive.
I'm on 7.0, no problems or issues, except minor ones that are already mentioned here and are workaroundable, more or less.
Looking forward to future releases and I am once again very glad I own Y300. :-)
Btw, if I decide to migrate to 7.2, do I have to wipe everything before flashing it, or just cache/dalvik? Sorry for the noob question, I'm new.

LotR656

LotR656

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Btw, if I decide to migrate to 7.2, do I have to wipe everything before flashing it, or just cache/dalvik? Sorry for the noob question, I'm new.

After flashing wipe dalvik and cache.

But you also can wipe before and after flashing.

ivanepo

ivanepo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

After flashing wipe dalvik and cache.

But you also can wipe before and after flashing.

Thank you, hvala. :-)
I thought so, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

kalamppo

kalamppo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:G510

Is youtube live sream is working??

THANKS for that great rom

apvm

apvm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I flashed a file that a member posted here 1st (to keep all my link2sd settings) then the rom and after than wipe dalvik and cache and reboot, after that I went to settings to enable developer option and enable SU, once that is done, I update SU app by clicking normal and reboot.  Once that is done, I disable developer options and everything is fine.

7.2 so far so good.   I agree with the other poster 6.6 is better than 6.8-7.0

Youtube working fine.

Edited by apvm, 12 August 2014 - 08:20 PM.

LotR656

LotR656

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

I flashed a file that a member posted here 1st (to keep all my link2sd settings) then the rom and after than wipe dalvik and cache and reboot, after that I went to settings to enable developer option and enable SU, once that is done, I update SU app by clicking normal and reboot. Once that is done, I disable developer options and everything is fine.

7.2 so far so good. I agree with the other poster 6.6 is better than 6.8-7.0

Youtube working fine.

If you flash newest version over old and wipe cache and dalvik, all your data will be saved. Only things that will change will be kernel (if you flash other) and other .zip files.

apvm

apvm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

If I don't flash that file 1st, I'll have to reinstall all my apps since they are linked to 2ne partition of the SD using Link2sd

10 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Željko Kovačević, Nemanja92