Best looking UI/Homeescreen setup

Guest ivan41

Guest ivan41

Hi. I hate Huawei's emotion system UI, and love to customise my home screen. Theres been alot of discussion on the custom Rom thread of Y300/G510 about the possibility of porting a Nokia x Rom to our devises. Does anyone like it, and why? I don't Like the look of the Nokia x UI, it looks like an anorexic version of windows phone 8.1, but I do like other system UI like stock android on the Moto G, sense 5, windows phone 8.1, Sony Xperia, nature UX on samsungs, ect. Whats the best launcher? What do you use on your own phones? Does anyone use dedicated theming apps like buzz or themer? What do you think of apps like that? I set my own Y300 up so it looks like Sense 5 and blinkfeed using Nova launcher, flipboard and tapatu. I'm curious to find out what others use and see what is popular and find new inspirations for home screen set ups for myself. Please feel free to post screenshots of your home screen and a brief outline of what you use in your home screen set up.

Edited by ivan41

Guest TayoOnabule

Nice thread Ivan! it'd be really good to get some new ideas for personalisation... Cause nova/trebuchet can get a bit boring :s

Also, if anyone has cool wallpapers... Sharing is caring ;)

Guest Ernest83

I'm using nova without dock but with personalized PIE from bottom screen . Wallpaper with my daughter of course ;]. Standard dashclock with betterweather. That 's all ... finest and smoothest i think slim rom.

Just pretending to perform speed and battery saver settings.

Launcher .. i've tested most from play store .. like everybody i think . My prefered are Nova and Mini Launcher(it has folder management in drawer for free).

Edited by Ernest83

Guest rederik75

I'm using Atom Launcher. I tried many launchers, but this is by far the best. IMHO.

It's clean, elegant, light on resources but highly customizable, One of the most important features for me are the folders in the app drawer.

Guest tadopogi

I'm using Atom Launcher. I tried many launchers, but this is by far the best. IMHO.

It's clean, elegant, light on resources but highly customizable, One of the most important features for me are the folders in the app drawer.

i dont know man

but atom launcher drawer lags on my cm10.1 by kra1os.

Guest Gliwusss

That is mine, maybe no beautiful, but I like having quick access to apps which I use often :>

This is Nova Launcher on MIUI v5 with MIUI v5 iconpack.

post-1028321-0-84067400-1395177710_thumb

Edited by Gliwusss

Guest rederik75

actually, sometimes it does... but I put the folder management in the first place, when choosing launchers...

With my previous phone and Android 2.3 I was used to Nemus launcher, but it has some issues and it's not developed since late 2012.

I tried Solo Launcher, but to keep it free there's a lot of ads, so I discarded it...

Guest Ernest83

actually, sometimes it does... but I put the folder management in the first place, when choosing launchers...

With my previous phone and Android 2.3 I was used to Nemus launcher, but it has some issues and it's not developed since late 2012.

I tried Solo Launcher, but to keep it free there's a lot of ads, so I discarded it...

If you talking about folder management in drawer check mini launcher .. maybe not modern look like atom but lite fast smooth and with folders in drawer ;].

Edited by Ernest83

Guest rederik75

If you talking about folder management in drawer check mini launcher .. maybe not modern look like atom but lite fast smooth and with folders in drawer ;].

I'm testing it right now... The only thing I nave to complain with is that I can't rearrange folders once created...

Guest rederik75

i dont know man

I started to look at the drawer lags and compare them with other launchers, and... wtf! It lags too much! So, after some trials I decided to switch to nova, buying the paid version to get the folder management ... here is the result:

Icons are from Elegant icon pack, the widgets are slim's dashclock and minimal Any.do widget, the japanese sword picture ;) comes from wallbase.cc

Guest rederik75

I started to look at the drawer lags and compare them with other launchers, and... wtf! It lags too much! So, after some trials I decided to switch to nova, buying the paid version to get the folder management ... here is the result:

Icons are from Elegant icon pack, the widgets are slim's dashclock and minimal Any.do widget, the japanese sword picture ;) comes from wallbase.cc

Sorry, the screenshots ...

post-1029145-13957887199054_thumb.jpgpost-1029145-13957887384724_thumb.jpg