the "perfect" y300 rom

Guest dexterul

Guest dexterul

Hello to everybody , i am looking for the perfect rom , by perfect i mean stable , as smooth as it can be , decent batery life and with all the functions working flawlessly.i have tried for the past months a few roms more or less a week each one of them , without having too much luck.the roms that i have tried are :

-SymAnd B196

-FusionX

-Fluffy Rom CM 10 V1 (it says on his page that V2 doesnt work well with Y300)

-Dazzozo CM 10.2 or 11 cant remember exactly which one

-Fluffy KitKat - tried installing with twrp and cwm latest versions with no luck

Even if i dont exactly recall where and which rom had the problems i do remember the problems on this roms which eventually lead me to keep trying new roms over and over :

- bad battery life (only one of them had a very good battery life)

- microphone problem on all of them i think (not sure) the microphone would drop dead in the middle of the conversation

- huge hang time sometimes i would need to remove battery

- random restarts or automatic restarts after long hang times

Please recommend some roms , this next week ill try CM 10.1 by Kra1o5

Guest fmeskal

Hi Dexterul,

I was on similar way as you. I also tried some custom (CM) ROM on my Y300. Some days ago I put the SlimKat v4.9 ROM on my device. It seems like stable, there wasn't any random restarts, everything works well. The battery life is a little bit weaker than under a CM rom (it's my experience, I tried joestone's version), but I think the stability is more important. In SlimKat v5 the FM works, too, as they wrote (I plan to upgrade my system in the next few days). So, my vote is SlimKat!  :)

You find it here.  ;)

Guest dexterul

im not interested in the media that much , i take a picture now and then , and maybe from time to time i find myself searching YouTube for a video due to lack of a computer at that moment , i mostly use my phone for Viber , facebook some times , maybe games some times ... i`ll keep that rom in mind and if this one doesn't pleases me i`ll try that too

i went on that link to read about it , i had no idea that so many people use the radio on their phones , i don't think i ever used the radio on any of my phones

Edited by dexterul

Guest SH3H1

Slimstock-Nice battery life ,Great performance

Use swap or zram with it for better multitasking and fluidity :)

Or better go for GamerROMv3X-Speed at the end ^_^

So the list is...

1.Slimstock

2.GamerROMv3X

3.Expert(Battery a bit weak)

• 3 weeks later...

FusionX is what I consider the perfect custom ROM. My device is G510, though.

What makes it perfect for me is because it's stock-based, and I like stock-based ROMs because they are tailored to work for our device hardware so there are less bugs than anyone out there. I don't always trust non stock-based custom ROMs. Next is the UI. It feels like you're using vanilla Android or any AOSP-based custom ROMs. The battery life is the best one on any custom ROM that I've tried.

Guest oerWouter

@Kevin: Sounds good but its based on Android 4.1.x and the reason I want a custom rom is because I want a more recent version of Android (heartbleed...)

Edited by oerWouter

Guest tomtruckie

@Kevin: Sounds good but its based on Android 4.1.x and the reason I want a custom rom is because I want a more recent version of Android (heartbleed...)

B200 is patched for heartbleed. There is also a patch for B199 on these forums.

• 2 months later...
Guest imhashir

Only FusionX and Fluffy Rom v1are stablest one...

But I love Fluffy Rom v1 (with all three updates) beacause it has many features and looks great....

Go for it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dexterul

soooooooo ... i've tried Slimkat , good rom overall , the only problem is that after about 15 dirty flashes(updates) it went downhill pretty hard , no more fluidity , no more stability , and bugs started appearing .. so the only way to use it is going clean install at every update ...

P.S the method they post on the website about the dirty flash doesnt work , i tried it and it deleted everything

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

After unloacking bootloader and installing a custom ROM my phone is it seems still SIM locked I thought flashing a ROM would remove the SIM lock is this not hte case?

Would really appreciate if someone could give me more info on this.

THanks

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Coreyz0rZ

hi,

i tried many kitkat rom but no one install successfully,can anybody help me

Hi, what is the version of your recovery? CWM or TWRP it doesn't matter, but I can upload a more recent recovery for you to flash.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest killadroid

aosp mod is the best because it has no bugs,everything works as it should plus it's really smooth

Edited by killadroid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest killadroid
bump!

what's the best ROM atm for this phone? I tried CM and Tesla but both are very slow or freezing all the time, making the mobile useless :(

Try this stock based rom,it's smooth and doesn't have bugs [emoji6]

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I´m looking for a new rom for my sisters and mothers Y300-0100. Right now they´re using the old stock firmware, which is pretty laggy and open for exploits like stagefright.

So, could you recommend me a rom, which is as stable and smoth as possible? Features doesn´t matter that much, the focus should be that the phone is "working" properly on daily basis. Looking to those needs a AOSP-based rom seems to fit best, but after a while reading around here, I´m a bit overwhelmed of the number of different roms and not sure which one to choose. In theory I´d prefer a LP/MM-rom, but maybe the old KK one`s are just more stable?

Sorry, that my first post here is a request!

I´d really appreciate if you could give me any tips or hints!

Greetings

Edited by L3nNi