[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

I don't know

I don't understand what happen

I only reported a bug

Reporting a bug is fine and absolutely welcome.

I was just upset about that ironical comment of you I've quoted before. It isn't fair to become "barefaced" because of such a rather minor inattention ;)

@modding33k

I read about the kgsk driver update with adreno 2xx in their forum

In a qualcom post a dev say that the kernel must be ion for implement the new driver

So the question is : is this kernel ION or not ??

This kernel is making use of ION, yes. Upgrading the kgsl is however not an option for now, since it's very work intensive and there things like hot-plug which got currently more priority for me.

Upgrading the driver for the FM radio were only a few changes inside one kernel driver module.

Upgrading KGSL requires updates to DMA, IOMMU, ION, KGSL + Adreno. Once I touch one of those things it's required to adopt those changes for the LCD/Framebuffer drivers, too and so on ... so it's really quite a lot of stuff to do.

Well, here is the re-upload (with enabled SWAP this time): http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/79664733/file.html

Please check and report if I've overlooked something else. After that I'll mark it as stable again smile.png

• revert back to MP-Decision hotplugging, until fine-tuning of the kernel's auto-hotplug is done. currently I'm far from being satisfied with it.
  • revert back to stock ondemand (need to work on it along with auto-hotplug; i've also noticed some regressions related to one of the cpu-frequency modules which I need to track step-by-step)
  • optimized huawei's kernel battery driver a little bit (ex. increased battery status polling delay from 5s to 60s, which saves 660 ticks per hour compared to default settings)
  • some minor performance related updates & fixes.
Edited by Guest

Guest luca020400

So we need to test this and report if it can be stable ??

For me this build is fully working and can be stable

Edited by luca020400

Guest Romagnolo1973
  • optimized huawei's kernel battery driver a little bit (ex. increased battery status polling delay from 5s to 60s, which is 720x less per hour than per default settings)

could be 5 sec to 60 min if it is 720 time less frequent

I'm testing and seems ok

Doing math in the middle of the night is probably not such a good idea blush.png

What I tried to to mention in passing was:

• original interval of 5s = 720x per hour
  • new interval of 60s = 60x per hour
  • ----------------------------------------------
  • that's 12 times less, regardless if per minute or hour of course happy.png

Thx for pointing that out.

So we need to test this and report if it can be stable ??

It's voluntary of course ;)

But just in case I forgot to re-enable something else, I'm waiting for feedback and confirmation this time.

I've revised the kernel sources. That's why I created a new config file, which was lagging the SWAP feature before for example.

I'd not touch those binaries in there. They are required for an successful boot.

• adbd: ADB deamon
  • check_root: the name says it already
  • e2fsck_s, resize2fs_s, resize2fs_wrapper: are all required to maintain correct partitioning setup and for error-checking

One hint for doing proper benchmark to gain comparable results:

• disable MP-Decision
  • enabled the 2nd score through sysfs -> echo 1 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
  • set the governor to performance
  • use a scheduler like noop / sio / deadline

Guest davef7

The last Stable version 16/08/2014 (in mediafire folder) isn't no longer compatible with G330?? Beacuse my phone don't boot after flash this version...

Guest davef7

I remember you. I already disabled G330 once, right? rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry, going to re-enabled it and update the link and download files.

Yes, that's me! :D 

A loyal user of your fantastic kernel. :)

Thansks in advance!