[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

I've come up with a solution to the date problem.

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/text/format/DateFormat.html

Previously it used getLongDateFormat which would format dates as "27, SEPTEMBER 2014" or however your local handles it. If I switch over to getMediumDateFormat then it formats the date as "27 SEP 2014" or 27/09/2014 depending on however your local handles it. Portuguese and Spanish use the 27/09/2014 format though because that's how they've translated the strings.xml entry for abbrev_month_day_year.

If people don't want the short date format then I need to know how your dates normally formatted when you write it out. Like here in the UK we write the date as "Saturday 27th September 2014" where as in America it would be written as "Saturday September 27th 2014".

Edited by H3ROS

I added an edit to my previous post. I also just tried Italian and found that it formats the date as "27/SET/2014". So it seems as though the translations aren't consistent :rolleyes:

If I changed this...

<string name="abbrev_month_day_year" formatted="false">%d/%b/%Y</string>

To this...

<string name="abbrev_month_day_year" formatted="false">%-e %b %Y</string>

Then it would output the date as "27 SET 2014" instead. I've not actually confirmed if it is that string for sure, but the same thing would apply to a different string if I've got it wrong. So should I update a few of the translations so that it outputs a short month for most languages or should I leave it alone?

Edited by H3ROS

I've put some extra effort into this. I've still got a lot of strings to correct, but it works exactly how I want it to now :)

post-954400-0-54067000-1411856209_thumb.

I've completely changed how the date gets added and I'm having to create a new string for every single language.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest huehue90

i have some suggestions about this issue

maybe it would be better if settings button is aligned with right side of screen, far to the right. and clear notifications button is displayed left to it when is needed

post-1035384-0-96304900-1411857425_thumb

in this particulas case, with portugese language, it would look like this

post-1035384-0-54232900-1411857418_thumb

if settings button is far to the right, date is always fully visible. although when clear button is visilble, it obscurs date, but i think that shouldn't be problem because we always immedately clear notifications when we can clear them, so it's not big deal

and some optional suggestion. as height of quick settings bar is 72 px, and notification bar height is 95 px, maybe it would be more estetic if quick settings bar height is also 95 px. and the maybe enlarge icons. as i said it's optional. maybe it's just me, as i am perfectionist ;)

post-1035384-0-93086000-1411857431_thumb

@ huehue90

I've just done what was done in newer versions of Android and merged the strings and stripped off the year. Doing that allows it to fit everything, but should it not fit something I can now shorten the length of the month for a specific language.

The size of the quick settings bar is the same size as the bar above it. I themed it to blend like a notification and glow when pressed, but I didn't want it to take up the same size as a notification as that would be wasted space.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest huehue90

@H3ROS

that's ok. thank you on your effort, but i personally think that's wrong. because we're dealing with regional settings, it's defined as is and should not be modified. every country has it's own way of representing date and it should be like that. in my opinion i think it's better if clear and settings buttons are moved far to the right, as it is in first example in previous post.

I've basically backported how newer versions of Android do it, so the date format changes depending on your regional settings. I now have total freedom to customize that whole area too where as before I couldn't because things were hardcoded.

I'm a fan of the settings button being on the left and the clear button always being on the right, so I much prefer the official solution to gain more screen space which is to remove the year. It's the one piece of information that's not needed.

English UK:

post-954400-0-67027900-1411861149_thumb.

English US:

post-954400-0-40136700-1411860718_thumb.

Spanish:

post-954400-0-98211900-1411860773_thumb.

Portuguese:

post-954400-0-24201300-1411861121_thumb.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Tonal4Nagual

Is there is a way in this ROM to set default storage location and also install location.

ES File explorer see my SD card as sd0 and internal memory as sd1.

Is that correct or I messed something?

ohh one more thing i remembered H3RO dude... i asked u to make status bar to go up from touching anywhere on it like its in Cm 10.1....

@H3ROS Bro u didnt replied would you do this mod when you feel better  ??? sorry for asking again :(

Guest MarioKralj

Why in facebook messenger i can't get notifications and sounds when someone text me.... i need to enter application always to check messeges -.-... its annoying kinda, any solution?

why i cant get messeges in background

Why in facebook messenger i can't get notifications and sounds when someone text me.... i need to enter application always to check messeges -.-... its annoying kinda, any solution?

why i cant get messeges in background

When I was using messenger everything was working fine. Check if messenger is greenified maybe.

@H3ROS

Can it be made that battery percent goes left from the battery not right?

post-1040382-14119039073312_thumb.png

Is there is a way in this ROM to set default storage location and also install location.

ES File explorer see my SD card as sd0 and internal memory as sd1.

Is that correct or I messed something?

The default storage location is your SD card because when you download files you're not going to run out of space that way. It can be changed by changing the following line in build.prop:

persist.sys.main_storage=external_sd

Into this:

persist.sys.main_storage=internal_sd

As for the install behaviour that's set to auto. That means that most apps are installed onto the system memory unless they're very large (a game that downloads extra content) and for everything else you'll get the option to move the app to your SD card only if the app supports it. Having it setup like this means that there's going to be no stability issues or apps crashing unexpectedly.

You can adjust the install behaviour by using Link2SD. In it's settings there's an option to change it between auto, internal and external.

@Nomm

I've seen it, but I can't do that yet. It's actually a large change that requires multiple files to be edited. I'll try to get it done, but it probably won't be for this next update.

@MarioKralj

Check that the ringtones are setup correctly. I don't use the facebook app myself, but I'm pretty sure it installs them to the SD card.

Edited by H3ROS