My goal was to create a ROM that most of us wish the Y300 had of been sold with originally. I achieved that goal by converting the stock Huawei ROM back to AOSP, but I also improved some things and fixed a few bugs that are found in Android 4.1.1 and all other stock based ROM's.
So are you looking for the best performance out of your Y300 or G510? Give this ROM a try. It'll run flawlessly and it's great for games.
home.png 156.33KB 545 downloads apps1.png 235.88KB 499 downloads apps2.png 167.67KB 469 downloads call.png 46.09KB 468 downloads
- Xposed framework with GravityBox pre-setup
- My own script to keep things running smooth
- Full hardware acceleration
- Exchange Email (Android 4.4.2)
- Messaging (Android 4.4.2)
- Clock (Android 4.2)
- Camera (Android 4.3)
- Working face unlock
- Working "Ok Google" (enable it in Nova settings)
- Working voice navigation in Google Maps
- 14 notification widget buttons with 2G and 3G selection
This ROM uses the stock B209 kernel with added init.d support. It uses this kernel because Huawei hasn't released an updated kernel source and without an updated kernel calls made over bluetooth won't be routed correctly.
You can install the CeXstel, Synopsis
or my own improved version of the CeXstel kernel but you might run into unexpected bugs caused by these kernels. Huawei is to blame for most of these bugs as the kernel source that they provide doesn't match what they've used in their newer firmware updates.
Compared to other stock ROM's as of 14/06/2014:
- My cameras gallery doesn't force close when editing an image
- My clock app doesn't have the timer text cropped or badly displayed notifications
- The carrier text is displayed on the notification screen even without a data connection
- The data indicators don't get stuck if you disable data while they're displayed
- My APN menu is correctly aligned and uses the holo blue selected colour
- I've applied dithered backgrounds to eliminate colour banding
- Call vibration correctly enables and disables
- There's no force close if you enable WiFi and then create a WiFi hotspot and then try to enable WiFi again (with notification widget buttons)
- Did you notice my AOSP call screen? That was a lot of work, but totally worth it
- There's no Huawei errors being created or logged
And lots more...
- ViPER520 and zhuhang for ViPER4Android
- rovo89 for Xposed framework
- C3C0 for GravityBox
- SimpleCity for Shuttle Music Player
- jtschohl for Android Firewall
- ES APP Group for ES File Explorer
- Ceastel for sharing the CeXstel source
- fonz93 for testing my changes to the cust partition
- Tillaz for a few changes he made that saved me some time
- PayPal donators (if you want your name displayed drop me a private message)
You can download the IRS Starter Pack for ViPER4Android from here. Personally though I use TRacks DeEssed Master 2 which you can download from here.
Remember to enable compatibility mode in ViPER4Android if you use any other sound mods, although you probably don't because ViPER4Android is the best thing out there anyway.
If music is choppy for you when viewing the launcher then disable Ok Google in the Nova Launcher settings. It's not a ROM issue.
- Wipe everything except your SD card
- Install the ROM and reboot
Update for people who installed the ROM before the 15th of October:
Update changes (15/10/2014)
-- Made the notification menu use the GPU (the only stock based ROM to have this 100% working)
- Suggestion: Existing users should also set wallpaper scrolling in Nova Launcher to "Force"
-- Added a build.prop option (persist.sys.force_highendgfx) to enable smoother rendering for all apps at the cost of more RAM
- Suggestion: If you enable smoother rendering then you should optimize your minfree values
If you like the ROM then please consider a donation. I've put a lot of time into fixing a lot of the bugs and getting things like the AOSP call screen working correctly. Thank you.
Edited by H3ROS, 15 October 2014 - 10:54 PM.