[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest SH3H1

My brother has it in his galaxy young and it don't get him out :(

My doubts - IP changes causes it (Is it possible?)

Edited by SH3H1

Guest sueboy

g510 can use, because my phone is g510.

Before I have a question about ram, today see this topic, someone say try synopsis more fast. so I try to flash kernel.

Now get better for ram. why? because this kernel use swap. I know many topics say "swap", slow, no good, zram no good.

But it's important that ram is too low, only near 100mb. I don't play game, use usually: Line、google map、google translate、google drive、Skype、WeChat, some time use youtube、gmail、google caldender. And I change to solo lanuch to save memory. and remove facebook app, change use facebook web.

Not swap, use skype,then open Line and gmail are same time. only three apps are very slow. even skype or gmail is crash or reopen. I need wait 1 min...2min....or always black screen. always wait. 

Now open swap, three apps can run same time, and more apps run same time. Yes, open too many apps are slow, but can run.

I know computer, so OS don't have more ram. OS must do somethings to move app to HD (flash), then ram have free spaces, put running app. so android is same.

So I post this, because I don't understand and worry :wacko: . Use swap or not ? or Zram?

If new phone have 1 or 2 G ram, I don't need think this.  :)

Guest luca020400

Then why I have crashes with Nova? I flash it and first thing that appears is crash of launcher.

I think because the launcher isn't locked in memory

Guest H3ROS

I've tried everything, uninstalled Google Play serices and put the old version, formatted the internal memory, deleted data and cache, nothing goes the same... help please :'(

I'm not sure. You say your friend has the same issue on a totally different device so it's possibly a Google bug.

Chrome logs me out of Mcent at every start (close n start)

I don't know if it has something to do with host files?

Chrome shouldn't log you out, but it might be the websites detecting that an advert has been blocked and so it's logging you out? You can always download AdAway to disable the blocklist.

Then why I have crashes with Nova? I flash it and first thing that appears is crash of launcher.

Did you follow the install instructions in the first post? It's very important that you do the wipes.

@ sueboy

Some people say that zRAM works better and some people prefer to use a swap. The main difference between the two is that swap can perform a little better, but it can also wear down your memory over time where as zRAM won't. If you use zRAM then it should only be around 50MB in size. Anything more than that can impact your performance as well as your battery life as it'll take more time to compress the memory.

What uses up a lot of memory for our devices is things like Google Play Services, Google Search and anything with a background service e.g. Skype. You can't even use Chrome properly because it takes up memory and can end up being killed if you switch to another app.

The Y300 and G510 doesn't actually have 512MB of RAM, at least how you'd hope that it does. If it did then things would perform a little better, but it actually only has 393MB available to Android as 119MB of it is reserved for things like the GPU.

Changing the launcher has almost no benefits by the way. For example Nova Launcher is 4.2MB and Solo Launcher is 6MB. They both use about the same amount of RAM, yet Nova has noticeably smoother animations.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Domino2115

The Y300 and G510 doesn't actually have 512MB of RAM, at least how you'd hope that it does. If it did then things would perform a little better, but it actually only has 393MB available to Android as 119MB of it is reserved for things like the GPU.

why gpu and other things need that amout of ram? on other 512mb ram devices has more than 450mb for example alcatel ot m pop has about 460-470mb instead 392mb as we have, can you explain me it?

Edited by Domino2115

Guest ZolaIII

@ sueboy

I actually recommend using file swap on fat 32 SD card (class 10 & a good quality one).

This is not the fastest solution as same on ext4 will perform around 30% faster.

Advantage of it is that you can move (recreate) file when you do annual cleaning of SD card & by that minimize impact on NAND life circle spin.

I also recommend changing sysctl tunable memory_ overcommit to "0" with usage of swap (in any form) or Zram. Bat you must disable it (put it back to "1") before disabling swap (Zram). It will basically allow more RAM to be allocated (then physical present) to vmalloc & by that functioning of larger apps or browsing more will work better even this approach can hurt performance in some scenarios when swap space is added & in use with vmalloc.

The 2-3 GB of ram are not in enough as some apps & browsing contain't can spend more like Facebook for instance.

Guest LotR656

Did you do all of the necessary wipes?

Everything except SD card.

Did you follow the install instructions in the first post? It's very important that you do the wipes.

Yes. I installed this ROM before.

I flash it successful. I think problem was old TWRP 2.7.0.1, after update it works fine.

Guest Romagnolo1973

which has bug? bug?

AOSP is bug free

The only things is brightness in dark room, sensor increase light and this is the opposite behaviour in this situation, but is a Huawei fault because this is exactly the same occour in stock original rom. H3ROS will solve this issue in a future update

Guest Sportfreunde

Is it possible to upgrade from B200 to B209 without diong a system wipe etc? I wouldn't mind upgrading tired of resetting my phone.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Is it possible to upgrade from B200 to B209 without diong a system wipe etc? I wouldn't mind upgrading tired of resetting my phone.

probably the update file does not needs wipe but for safe :use TWRP and made a backup for the DATA pattern, then flash the update and see what appens, if it start from zero then via twrp restore the data and you will have your settings

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Just a little question: Does Viper4Android fully work for you? I can't hear any difference when I activate the Convolver no matter which IRS I use. Anybody got this working?

Guest H3ROS

@ luca020400

As fonz said, why? There's a toggle for it that works perfectly and I hate to double up on options, which is why I avoid CM.

@ Sportfreunde

The update contains all previous updates, so it will update you from B200 to B209 without any wipes if you use that.

@ Romagnolo1973

The radio is already included :)

@ AssaSsiNMiLeS

Yep, I use it for my headphones. Have you checked the driver status?

I always use either the moderate or expert mode. I know that the convolver works too as I had a large pack and some of them either don't work or adjust the audio in a way in which I don't like.

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

The driver status is normal. I'm using expert mode and the convolver doesn't do anything no matter which IRS I use (I downloaded the TRacks pack).

Guest H3ROS

I'd hope this is for headphones or earphones, but does adjusting the output gain also not work for you?

If you're using the expert mode then I doubt you'd slip up and not forget to actually enable the "master power". Uninstall the driver and reinstall it if you've not already. Just be sure you use power save mode.