My goal was to create a ROM that most of us wish the Y300 had of been sold with originally. I achieved that goal by converting the stock Huawei ROM back to AOSP, but I also improved some things and fixed a few bugs that are found in Android 4.1.1 and all other stock based ROM's.
So are you looking for the best performance out of your Y300 or G510? Give this ROM a try. It'll run flawlessly and it's great for games.
- Xposed framework with GravityBox pre-setup
- My own script to keep things running smooth
- Full hardware acceleration
- Exchange Email (built into Gmail)
- Messaging with coloured emoji
- Clock (Android 4.2)
- Camera (Android 4.3)
- Working face unlock
- Working off state alarms (set an alarm and turn the phone off)
- Working "Ok Google" (enable it in Nova settings)
- Working voice navigation in Google Maps
- 14 notification widget buttons with network mode selection
- ViPER520 and zhuhang for ViPER4Android
- rovo89 for Xposed framework
- C3C0 for GravityBox
- SimpleCity for Shuttle Music Player
- jtschohl for Android Firewall
- ES APP Group for ES File Explorer
- fonz93 for testing my changes to the cust partition
- Tillaz for a few changes he made that saved me some time
- PayPal donators (if you want your name displayed drop me a private message)
- Anyone who has reported any of the bugs that I've fixed
You can download the IRS Starter Pack for ViPER4Android from here. Personally though I use TRacks DeEssed Master 2 which you can download from here.
Remember to enable compatibility mode in ViPER4Android if you use any other sound mods, although you probably don't because ViPER4Android is the best thing out there anyway.
If music is choppy for you when viewing the launcher then disable Ok Google in the Nova Launcher settings. It's not a ROM issue.
- Wipe everything except your SD card
- Install the ROM and reboot
Update for people who installed the ROM before the 28th of February:
*** Download the full ROM and start fresh if you've not updated in a while because the update doesn't contain the previous fixes.
Update changes (28/02/2015)
-- Fixed a bug that would cause the SystemUI to constantly force close when the cameras were disabled
-- Fixed a bug that would cause the media scanner to not work correctly after connecting your phone to a PC
-- Fixed a minor bug in the messaging app
-- Added a build.prop setting (ro.config.low_ram) that when set to true will free up a little more RAM by disabling hardware acceleration for a few system apps
-- Added and corrected a few translations
- Fresh installs only: Updated all Play Store apps
If you like the ROM then please consider a donation. I've put a lot of time into fixing a lot of the bugs and making this the most stable ROM for our phones. Thank you.
Edited by H3ROS, 28 February 2015 - 03:47 AM.