hauwei y300 smsc update error

Guest gt85nz

any of the custom roms i flash working great except sms wont send its service center number wont stay have done the phone dialer code *#*#4636#*#* an entered it through there but wont stick any one have any ideas tried searching web but haven't found any thing other than entering it manually an waiting 10 mins with reboot etc 

also tryed pdu  and gosms and many different guides  xda various web guides cyna wiki page etc anybody have any ideads of thins i can try 

if i flash back stock bacukup via twrp sms works fine 

Guest wbrambley

any of the custom roms i flash working great except sms wont send its service center number wont stay have done the phone dialer code *#*#4636#*#* an entered it through there but wont stick any one have any ideas tried searching web but haven't found any thing other than entering it manually an waiting 10 mins with reboot etc

also tryed pdu and gosmsand many different guides xda various web guides cyna wiki page etc anybody have any ideads of thins i can try

if i flash back stock bacukup via twrp sms works fine

Guessing you're from NZ, are your APN settings OK? Are you with 2 degrees or Vodafone?

Guessing you're from NZ, are your APN settings OK? Are you with 2 degrees or Vodafone?

yup nz re checked apn for mms an data both %100 correct  on the spark telecom network 

Guest wbrambley

yup nz re checked apn for mms an data both %100 correct on the spark telecom network

Y300-151? My wife has one of those, backed up then changed bb to Y300-100 for 2Degrees. Never had SMS issue. Have you got another sim you can try?

Y300-151? My wife has one of those, backed up then changed bb to Y300-100 for 2Degrees. Never had SMS issue. Have you got another sim you can try?

yup 151 version i don't have any issue with original rom but if i try any custom rom they all wont keep smsc number whether its normal format or pdu would like to keep custom rom but obviously sms is needed ,,, just tried 2 degrees sim and works and it keeps pdu number   strange il re try spark sim 

Guest wbrambley

yup 151 version i don't have any issue with original rom but if i try any custom rom they all wont keep smsc number whether its normal format or pdu would like to keep custom rom but obviously sms is needed ,,, just tried 2 degrees sim and works and it keeps pdu number strange il re try spark sim

Maybe Sim card is faulty, stock ROM is OK as it may already has the info in the /cust or in /data somewhere.

Maybe Sim card is faulty, stock ROM is OK as it may already has the info in the /cust or in /data somewhere.

yeh possibly might chuck stock rom back on an take phone in tell them sim has been playing up even tryd sim on another phone get a sim outa them thanks for ya ideas tho 

Guest wbrambley

yeh possibly might chuck stock rom back on an take phone in tell them sim has been playing up even tryd sim on another phone get a sim outa them thanks for ya ideas tho

If you are going to do that, put some voltage across the sim card contacts, that way it won't work with stock rom too.

If you are going to do that, put some voltage across the sim card contacts, that way it won't work with stock rom too.

yeh throught about that lol they all charge us enough for mobile stuff in nz so stuff them prob still gona get sim replaced to be safe 

got it working tho turnd phone on with out sim did a update to smsc number with out sim so it got a error an restarted phone with sim in and re did smsc update and it worked intrestingly tho  the balance check number for sms on spark / telecom is  *333   but its only accepting  +333 or 333  where *333 is the  norm and either *333 or 333 would work before so small bug still to sort out 

Good to know you got it sorted. What happens when you do *333# ? (lol, 333 they must be satins 2IC)

being telecom probly right lol had thoughts of switching back to 2degrees some point 

*333 is balance check by txt some times it faster to do than the app some times, just strange that stock rom works with *333 or 333  any custom rom +333 or 333 

wont send at all by *333 just comes up with error 38 not a problem tho just odd 

wouldnt of thought it would change at all for that