How an updated Coolpad F1 could be in 2015?

Guest slime00

Guest slime00

Hello guys! :D
As you know, it's pretty common among chinese developers to update their most successful models to newer versions (brands like zopo, jiayu do this a lot), so how would you see an updated version of our F1 in the Q2 of 2015, which has been one of the most appreciated smarphone this year (and for sure Coolpad's best seller ever abroad)? 

The first thing I wouldn't change is the price (999yuan in china), since it was a key factor for the success of the smartphone

so, here there are my specs:

Design and dimensions: as an update, it should stay the same (also helps lowering costs)
O.S: Android L should be around in 7-8 months for Mediatek, I hope! 
Soc: MT6595 (4 Cortex-A17 @ 2.2 GHz / 4 Cortex-A7 @ 1.7 GHz with 4g and PowerVR G6) - I would love MT6795, but I don't think it may fit the price! the Mt6595 will receive a price cut for sure by Q2 2015

Screen: I'm ok with the one it has, 5" but an update to FullHD if the battery is increased could be a nice addition!
RAM: 2gb may still be enough in order to stay in the price, but LPDDR3 this time (higher clock, better performances and lower power consumption)!
ROM: 16gb with sdcard support and everyone is happy!
Battery: Even if the Mt6595 is less energy-eater than the MT6592, 3000mah should be the minimum battery size, especially if the screen updates to FHD!

Camera: the F1 has a good camera, but an update to the sensor to use a newer version of the Exmor Rs (like the Exmor RS 214 of the OPO and IUNI u3) could only be good! Front camera could stay the same.
Sensors: would only add g-sensor
Others: wake gestures to save the power button!

so, what your Coolpad f1 2015 looks like? keep in mind the price and just shoot your specs! :D

F1 is updated already. Now it's called F2 and you may expect F3 by the end of Q2  2015 :)

It will have

MTK6752 - look at the picture, it's mainstream class

2GB/16GB

5.2" HD screen,

2800mAh battery

Camera should be a bit better than present one

The most important thing is that it should have rock solid  and well adjusted android 4.4 so we could play with L releases then :)

MTK-Roadmap.jpg

You can't expect much more for 1000 yuans and if you do, we have a saying in Croatian (translated)

What grandma wanted is what grandma was dreaming of :D

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

if it's F2, then it's not F1 :D for me, 5 inches is already the maximum, so the 5.5 of the f2 is not to take into account (for me, i repeat). I also don't consider it as a significant update if you already have F1. In the post I'm referring to an update of this same F1 model, like jiayu did with 3gs, 4gs and 5gs (same design, upgraded specs). Having not to design a total new body/screen, it could be easier to lower production costs, and could be also a good marketing move since recalling the name and aspect of one of the most successful octacores on the market could attract a few people. 
Q2 is 5-6 months from now, right now the mt6595 is "expansive", but in 6 months mediatek could announce another premium chipset and this one would immediately shift in the mainstream category at that point (especially if the 64-bit mania explodes next year, it would mean the end of this processor in high-end smartphones). Anyway I wouldn't mind the use of MT6752, it's also a nice upgrade in comparison of 8 a7 cores :)
6 months before the f1 no one could imagine for 999yuan a similar phone, I still think one phone very similar to the one I suggested will be pretty doable in this lapse of time! :D

that F3 of yours is nice as well and pretty similar, I would grab it if the dimensions stay the same as the 5" F1 (a 5"2 screen with narrow bezels could fit in the dimensions of our f1) :D

Edited by slime00

:)

I am convinced that Coolpad won't update of this same F1 model, like jiayu did with 3gs, 4gs and 5gs (same design, upgraded specs).

They are a big company with different marketing approach.

Guest slime00

yes, maybe it's not something they will be willing to do in 6 months... but since they released a watered-down version and a 4g version (right now tdscma), seeing an "updated" version would be nice!

Guest gordito

Hello guys! :D

As you know, it's pretty common among chinese developers to update their most successful models to newer versions (brands like zopo, jiayu do this a lot), so how would you see an updated version of our F1 in the Q2 of 2015, which has been one of the most appreciated smarphone this year (and for sure Coolpad's best seller ever abroad)? 

The first thing I wouldn't change is the price (999yuan in china), since it was a key factor for the success of the smartphone

so, here there are my specs:

Design and dimensions: as an update, it should stay the same (also helps lowering costs)

O.S: Android L should be around in 7-8 months for Mediatek, I hope! 

Soc: MT6595 (4 Cortex-A17 @ 2.2 GHz / 4 Cortex-A7 @ 1.7 GHz with 4g and PowerVR G6) - I would love MT6795, but I don't think it may fit the price! the Mt6595 will receive a price cut for sure by Q2 2015

Screen: I'm ok with the one it has, 5" but an update to FullHD if the battery is increased could be a nice addition!

RAM: 2gb may still be enough in order to stay in the price, but LPDDR3 this time (higher clock, better performances and lower power consumption)!

ROM: 16gb with sdcard support and everyone is happy!

Battery: Even if the Mt6595 is less energy-eater than the MT6592, 3000mah should be the minimum battery size, especially if the screen updates to FHD!

Camera: the F1 has a good camera, but an update to the sensor to use a newer version of the Exmor Rs (like the Exmor RS 214 of the OPO and IUNI u3) could only be good! Front camera could stay the same.

Sensors: would only add g-sensor

Others: wake gestures to save the power button!

so, what your Coolpad f1 2015 looks like? keep in mind the price and just shoot your specs! :D

You want the same price but ALL specs to be upped, lol :P

I dont really care about the specs, i just want a better os, CoolUi SUCKS bigtime. Factory AOSP would be nice.

All others are already great.

It has great, and i mean GREAT, screen, excellent call quality, good build quality.

Anyway, here are the specs i'd like:

1) 5.2-5.5" screen

2) 2800-300mah battery

3) 32gb rom

4) DoubleTapToWake would also be ok, i dont care about gestures.

Edited by gordito

Guest slime00

You want the same price but ALL specs to be upped, lol  :P

Of course, we should be worried if at today's price in 6 months we cannot buy something more powerful than the F1 :P

4) DoubleTapToWake would also be ok, i dont care about gestures.

double tap to wake is a wake gesture :P something that could also be implemented in our F1 if engineers develop it from kernel (other mt6582 and mt6592 phones have this option)

One of major bugs in coolui was vanishing SMSs that banks send to clients. Now it's fixed.

And wake gesture seems to be appearing in today's custom coolui release.

What's wrong with coolui anyway?

I like it :)

Edited by dakok

Guest gordito

Too much bloatware.

Too much lag in recents.

Is there any stable kit kat?

Can you please provide links for the:

1) Latest JB stable

2) Latest KitKat build

?

I wanna try again.

Guest gordito

Bloatware is easy to eliminate.

I'm about to fall asleep so remind me tomorrow for links or wait for another kind soul. :)

Ok, maybe i will bother you tomorrow, since i dont follow this community so often lately.